British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Spl77

Ipswich vs Peterborough 23/08/18

Surprised no one is thanking Paul Starke for helping the Panthers score crucial away points in recent matches. Will he be allowed to guest for them if Glasgow also manage to qualify for the play-offs. 

He was being well thanked in the pits afterwards, he clearly enjoyed himself again.

1 hour ago, bigcatdiary said:

I will second that, a very determined display which got them a very big 4 points.

Just a shame Bradley got hurt in the process.

Never want to see a rider hurt but if BWD has picked up an injury there is only one person to blame

There are brave moves , desparate moves and just plain stupid moves

His heat 14 effort was certainly category 3.....

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Never want to see a rider hurt but if BWD has picked up an injury there is only one person to blame

I don’t agree, Riss looked at fault for that crash from our viewpoint.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Nurse, nurse - quick we have a situation :P

9 hours ago, Stiltonpanther said:

Cracking performance from the team tonight with special mention to Tom Bacon who was excellent.Well done Panthers.

Ye of little faith:wink: your boys were up for that, well deserved win. Agree Tom bacon was excellent. Lovely to see you too.

3 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

I will second that, a very determined display which got them a very big 4 points.

Just a shame Bradley got hurt in the process.

We nearly met bcd. Hope you like foxhall a bit more now.:lol:

1 hour ago, bigcatdiary said:

BWD went for a gap that evaporated in front of him, he came from a long way back having made a long straight with a lot of speed - riss just riding the line he wished as entitled to being in front - had to go wide as team and Coty was on the inside, I feel it was a genuine racing incident to be honest but of fault is to be found BWD could of shut off

glad to see all three get up and walk away - some big bike bills no doubt

Edited by 89buttons

Although the Witches were weakened with the loss of their top 2, MPT would have loved that slick track with opportunities to pass up the inside. Hawkins is clueless.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

Surprised no one is thanking Paul Starke for helping the Panthers score crucial away points in recent matches. Will he be allowed to guest for them if Glasgow also manage to qualify for the play-offs. 

And in his Panthers kevlars from last season too. Would love him back next season.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Badge said:

Ye of little faith:wink: your boys were up for that, well deserved win. Agree Tom bacon was excellent. Lovely to see you too.

We nearly met bcd. Hope you like foxhall a bit more now.:lol:

I have always liked Foxhall, track is sometimes tricky (very slick yesterday) but viewing and facilities are very good

• Like 1

BWD out for 9 days with concussion and having a scan on his hand 

That must have been some meeting for the reserves of both teams top scored without having 7 rides

Slick track and reserves are just as good...it's on tricky tracks they tend to be not so good.  Don't think I've ever seen it so devoid of dirt and so dry. 

On 8/24/2018 at 8:58 AM, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I have just watched a video of this incident that Carl Johnson posted on Facebook, this shows BWD on the outside of the track between the start line and the first bend and Mark Riss on the inner edge, Riss then moves out from the inner edge to the outer straight into the side of BWD.

i have absoloutly no idea why Vardy excluded BWD but the decision beggars belief, if you don’t believe me watch the video.

with referees their are brave decisions, desperate decisions and just plain stupid decisions

Vardy,s heat 14 decision was certainly a category 3.

• Like 3