British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Spl77

Ipswich vs Peterborough 23/08/18

I have seen that video this morning and quite happy to retract my original comment

I would now put the move in Cat 1 (brave) and agree the decision was not clear cut

Indeed I would concede its 50/50 (but no more :P)

It just shows how difficult it can be for a referee paticularly with no replay

Our angle on the back straight opposite the starting gate narrows the width perception so to us it looked that BWD tried for a gap that wasnt there (which isnt the case)

The video angle of course loses the depth perception and you dont get the feel of just how far back BWD came from - he closed by 15m+ off bend 4 to the start line

Riss was on a natural line and ahead - BWD saw a gap (which started very big) and went for it carrying significantly more speed

A pure racing incident

Still think the decision was correct - just

Hard to see how BWD can be blamed for that, i'm glad that ref is not my motor insurance adjudicator  :o

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I have seen that video this morning and quite happy to retract my original comment

I would now put the move in Cat 1 (brave) and agree the decision was not clear cut

Indeed I would concede its 50/50 (but no more :P)

It just shows how difficult it can be for a referee paticularly with no replay

Our angle on the back straight opposite the starting gate narrows the width perception so to us it looked that BWD tried for a gap that wasnt there (which isnt the case)

The video angle of course loses the depth perception and you dont get the feel of just how far back BWD came from - he closed by 15m+ off bend 4 to the start line

Riss was on a natural line and ahead - BWD saw a gap (which started very big) and went for it carrying significantly more speed

A pure racing incident

Still think the decision was correct - just

You're last line say's everything and there was me thinking you have an unbiased attitude.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, New era Panthers said:

You're last line say's everything and there was me thinking you have an unbiased attitude.

There was still 5 yards between Riss and the fence that BWD chose not to use ;) - instead he misjudged the gap and he hit Riss :)

PS - Im enjoying the rosy glow through my tinted specs :P

9 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

There was still 5 yards between Riss and the fence that BWD chose not to use ;) - instead he misjudged the gap and he hit Riss :)

Closing the gap whilst someone is coming up behind you (Probably better known as the Pedersen manoeuvre) is one thing but closing the gap or trying too when the rider is alongside you is quite another.

Riss was the cause of the crash full stop, it would be interesting to know if Vardy has seen that footage.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Closing the gap whilst someone is coming up behind you (Probably better known as the Pedersen manoeuvre) is one thing but closing the gap or trying too when the rider is alongside you is quite another.

Riss was the cause of the crash full stop, it would be interesting to know if Vardy has seen that footage.

It was quite similar to the Nicholls/Pedersen(Bjarne) from a few years back

Nicholls (in the BWD role) was excluded there too

I am happy to concede your point and agree Riss was actually a touch fortunate !:cheers:

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I bet you are  , obviously you didn't get them from specsavers  then.

21 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

I bet you are  , obviously you didn't get them from specsavers  then.

images.jpg.51b6ef61a3cae25f81b52a84a21cad8e.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1