British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rob B

Belle Vue v Leicester 20/8/18

8 minutes ago, bree34 said:

Not at all I think jye is a much better rider than Riss. Let's see in the next away meetings

I liked jye, and hope he can get another crack at it future down the line. But Riss as already proved it was the right signing. 

Berge as been brought in to counter what will be Riss home form. 

To be fair to Mark Riss, he scored two thirds in races where he rode well, bust a gut in good races that yielded a poor score for him despite his efforts.

9 minutes ago, Gunner85 said:

To be fair to Mark Riss, he scored two thirds in races where he rode well, bust a gut in good races that yielded a poor score for him despite his efforts.

Still only scored 2

1 hour ago, mikec said:

Don't be deceived by the wide margin in the score, it was another cracking night's racing at BV.

For the Lions, thought Andersen rode well as usual & Auty again showed his liking of the NSS track. Was impressed by Connor Mountain, seen him a few times at BV in NL racing, he was on the pace tonight & he's showing real improvement, great to see from a GB angle.

I'm still wondering how Cookie managed to stay on the bike in heat 10, wow that was a "heart in mouth" moment! :shock: Fricke & Berge both chasing the wide outside line simultaneously in heat 11 was a bit hairy as well. Nicholls must still be scratching his head wondering how Fricke pipped him on the line in heat 13 after riding a decent race.

Andersen rode a really smart line in heat 12 to see off the persistent hard-charging Bewley, only for young Dan to produce a heat 15 stunner to set up & execute the pass on Andersen & gain revenge. 

Berge looked good & great to see Steve Worrall looking much more like his old self. :approve:

Exactly my thoughts. Some brilliant racing, Andersen and Auty impressive for the Lions and Mountain showing how much he has progressed, on the pace and a good ride to pass and beat Riss.

All of the Aces fighting for every point. Bewley, still only in his third year, so fast and brilliant in the way he stalked and passed Andersen in heat 15. Worrall showing he is getting back to his pre injury form. Berge doing everything we hoped he would at the NSS. 

Edited by Aces51

20 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

Exactly my thoughts. Some brilliant racing, Andersen and Auty impressive for the Lions and Mountain showing how much he has progressed, on the pace and a good ride to pass and beat Riss.

All of the Aces fighting for every point. Bewley, still only in his third year, so fast and brilliant in the way he stalked and passed Andersen in heat 15. Worrall showing he is getting back to his pre injury form. Berge doing everything we hoped he would at the NSS. 

Great meeting tonight score does not reflect how good the racing was  And how about Auty  rode well for 11 points  should be a Belle V ue rider but they bring in foreign riders so what can we do  

5 hours ago, speedy bill said:

Great meeting tonight score does not reflect how good the racing was  And how about Auty  rode well for 11 points  should be a Belle V ue rider but they bring in foreign riders so what can we do  

With Auty you give him a track you can race on and he will entertain and score points Belle Vue a superb track is perfect for him.Was really hoping maybe Tungate and Auty could settle there differences as that to me is the reason he did not get a team place from the beginning.Saying that halfway through the season he did have a high converted 6.03 average.Mountain you mentioned really has progressed and is a nice tidy little rider he should have a Championship place as well hope his upward curve continues.

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

With Auty you give him a track you can race on and he will entertain and score points Belle Vue a superb track is perfect for him.Was really hoping maybe Tungate and Auty could settle there differences as that to me is the reason he did not get a team place from the beginning.Saying that halfway through the season he did have a high converted 6.03 average.Mountain you mentioned really has progressed and is a nice tidy little rider he should have a Championship place as well hope his upward curve continues.

Connor is at Sheffield!

How refreshing to see BV hold a minute's silence instead of the new fad of holding a minute's applause, taken from football just because some of their fans can't keep quiet and show some respect. Well done BV, better late than never

• Like 3

7 hours ago, speedy bill said:

Auty again upsetting his team mates though. Why can't he pass riders fair. Especially his team mates. A couple of times he just rode across them. Nicholls certainly not happy with him 

• Like 1

Special mention to Conor mountain, rode really well and was well on the pace. Impressed me in both legs. Well done him 

• Like 1

Every meeting I've seen at BV this year has been better than anything on BT. Another great nights racing and like others have said the score doesn't reflect the quality of the racing.We are so lucky to have the NSS as our home track.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil The Ace said:

Auty again upsetting his team mates though. Why can't he pass riders fair. Especially his team mates. A couple of times he just rode across them. Nicholls certainly not happy with him 

looking at Nicholls score he should  be more worried about his own performance rather than his team mate trying to win a race

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, montie said:

looking at Nicholls score he should  be more worried about his own performance rather than his team mate trying to win a race

I take it you never saw his move to block the faster chasing Nicholls???

Phill you are so one sided about a rider who always gives value for money a real racer did you not see Nichols take him wide on first turn iif Nichols was the faster rider how come he only scored one point all night and he was not upset by Auty he never said a word ,Auty is a racer most are just riders so glad he rode so well might shut you up now

Edited by speedy bill