British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rob B

Belle Vue v Leicester 20/8/18

8 hours ago, iainb said:

How refreshing to see BV hold a minute's silence instead of the new fad of holding a minute's applause, taken from football just because some of their fans can't keep quiet and show some respect. Well done BV, better late than never

Ah so that's where it's come from. I don't like it anyway as I can't keep clapping my hands together for a minute due to arthritis but I can keep quiet. They had a minutes applause at Peterborough recently and I had to stop half way through making me feel a bit disrespectful to the memory of Bob Dugard. :(

3 hours ago, Pinny said:

Speedy bill does really need to make it a bit less obvious he is Josh Auty. Embarrassing really.

Get real mate Josh would not waste his time on here

15 hours ago, Fred Flange said:

The experts thought he would be better than Auty and gave him a 5.00.

I've been a fan of Auty since he was a kid but the fact is he, like so many promising British lads, just hasn't been able to use his obvious talent effectively. He's a much more naturally talented rider than, say, Madsen or Cook but Madsen is a top rider in Poland and won the sec the other day, Cook is probably not really good enough for the GP but he still qualified and has had a far more successful career, better than Auty could even dream about.

He's at his level, decent second division rider who can have the odd good first division meeting but that's it.

People who can gate like Madsen and Cook always have a chance of having good careers and both have.Madsen probably is not far of getting in the GP  series and has been in good form generally all year.

16 hours ago, Gemini said:

Ah so that's where it's come from. I don't like it anyway as I can't keep clapping my hands together for a minute due to arthritis but I can keep quiet. They had a minutes applause at Peterborough recently and I had to stop half way through making me feel a bit disrespectful to the memory of Bob Dugard. :(

I tend to just do the minute's silence even if others are clapping. We don't have to do the clapping, we're a respectful bunch

Surprised to see Auty have a decent top flight score. His real average up to that point was under 3 (according to speedway star) so this pretty much must have been a one off.

his top flight career has generally always been beyond mediocre. Entertainer and fairly decent 2nd tier rider at best.

15 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Surprised to see Auty have a decent top flight score. His real average up to that point was under 3 (according to speedway star) so this pretty much must have been a one off.

his top flight career has generally always been beyond mediocre. Entertainer and fairly decent 2nd tier rider at best.

15 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

You take great delight in knocking Auty Steve,  i don't know why  he is averaging nearly a point more than your man Howarth in the PL.If the leagues did get together Auty would average more because some of the tracks in the PL are dreadful naming Swindon in amongst them you can't race for toffee.Swindon,Poole,Wolves ( a real homer massive home advantage) Leicester, are truly poor tracks now gate and go.In the PL you have a few tracks you can at least race on Scunthorpe/Somerset/Belle Vue(the best),.tracks easily the best in the U.K.

Edited by Sidney the robin

14 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

and you never let us forget it either. do you have a problem with auty?

4 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

You take great delight in knocking Auty Steve,  i don't know why  he is averaging nearly a point more than your man Howarth in the PL.If the leagues did get together Auty would average more because some of the tracks in the PL are dreadful naming Swindon in amongst them you can't race for toffee.Swindon,Poole,Wolves ( a real homer massive home advantage) Leicester, are truly poor tracks now gate and go.In the PL you have a few tracks you can at least race on Scunthorpe/Somerset/Belle Vue(the best),.tracks easily the best in the U.K.

How is it knocking him? Howarth has been ahead of Auty in the 2nd tier the past 2 seasons. Howarth has had a much tougher season all round this season. I am talking only about the top flight. Howarth is now a proven 2nd string at that level. The ‘massive home track advantage’ argument I see popped up again. Last year Kyles home and away average were pretty similar so that completely disregards that point of view.

BTW.  You seem happy to point out Kyle’s flaws but it’s knocking a rider when I point it out? 

3 minutes ago, therefused said:

and you never let us forget it either. do you have a problem with auty?

I have no problem with Auty. If pointing out his inability to make it in the top flight is ‘having a problem’  then there is no hope of having a sensible discussion.

Already said he is a fairly decent 2nd tier rider and is having a much better season at that level this year. Take a look at his current 2018 top flight average and his top flight career if you really want to make a sensible discussion of ur.

Plus the Auty is better than Howarth argument offered by some is beyond childish (not your comment) but one I’ve read from others several times on here over the years.

1 minute ago, Sidney the robin said:

He is the number 1 at second tier level  for Scunthorpe this year so give a little credit  Charles Wright was the in/out number 1 at Sheffield.Howarth without that confidence of home form carrying  that away would not have that average because dress it up as much as you like a lot of away riders despise going to Wolverhampton a real homer if i have seen one,

I’ve already given credit STR as I said Josh is having a good season in the 2nd tier.

ive already disproved your home advantage theory so dress it up all you want, Kyle is a proven top flight second string more than capable of scoring home or away. His home and away averages already show that.

I think riders that ‘despise’ going to Wolves are very much in the minority. Very few are vocal of disliking the track other than the obvious ones. Most riders generally like Wolves and as we have lost at home this season isn’t the massive advantage some like to paint.

Howarth has had an injury hit season so making no excuses for him this season. It’s what he does at this level is the only valid argument that’s applicable.

3 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

I’ve already given credit STR as I said Josh is having a good season in the 2nd tier.

ive already disproved your home advantage theory so dress it up all you want, Kyle is a proven top flight second string more than capable of scoring home or away. His home and away averages already show that.

I think riders that ‘despise’ going to Wolves are very much in the minority. Very few are vocal of disliking the track other than the obvious ones. Most riders generally like Wolves and as we have lost at home this season isn’t the massive advantage some like to paint.

Howarth has had an injury hit season so making no excuses for him this season. It’s what he does at this level is the only valid argument that’s applicable.

The Wolves track before the changes i  can remember it  being a decent track now it is the biggest homer in the PL by a mile.Lakeside/Eastie used to also have home advantage i think those two tracks have improved thank god Belle Vue now have the British Final a proper racetrack.

1 minute ago, Sidney the robin said:

The Wolves track before the changes i  can remember it  being a decent track now it is the biggest homer in the PL by a mile.Lakeside/Eastie used to also have home advantage i think those two tracks have improved thank god Belle Vue now have the British Final a proper racetrack.

It’s all about preference anyway. As none of this is relevant to the thread there is no point in continuing.

2 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

They are all there to be raced but take different skills from the rider to do so.  Take the BV vs Leicester matches for example - Nicholls had no bother passing BV riders at Leicester but at BV only scored a point.  Tracks are all there to be raced and I like the variety - if they were all the same it would bore me to death.

• Like 2

I don’t think anybody is advocating all tracks to be the same, just that each track offers the chance for riders to race. 

Personally if you only got one race with passing every meeting it would bore me to death. 

I don't know if all Swedish tracks are similar but last night's meeting was very good but last weeks was poor and bumpy, maybe quality of rider was better last night but the racing was definitely far better.