British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rob B

Belle Vue v Leicester 20/8/18

The problem with riders like Auty and Garrity is they are both too injury prone.  They can't be relied upon to be there for the season, they always seem to pick up knocks, both are very entertaining to watch though.

On 8/22/2018 at 1:22 PM, SPEEDY69 said:

They are all there to be raced but take different skills from the rider to do so.  Take the BV vs Leicester matches for example - Nicholls had no bother passing BV riders at Leicester but at BV only scored a point.  Tracks are all there to be raced and I like the variety - if they were all the same it would bore me to death.

Nicholls passed riders in ONE race at Leicester, heat 13. He actually passed more riders at the NSS on Monday it's just that they passed him back again!

• Like 1

have I really just read someone say Josh Auty has way more talent than Leon Madsen? This world has gone bonkers. 

Talented in what area? 

5 hours ago, Pinny said:

have I really just read someone say Josh Auty has way more talent than Leon Madsen? This world has gone bonkers. 

Talented in what area? 

Ask Freddie Flange that question Pinny ? my opinion of Auty is that he has always been a favourite of mine.He is a entertertainer and at his best ask the Scunny fans he can be brilliant certainly around Scunny but his Achilles heel is his gating always has been.Also i think if the league goes to one big league with a full season his average will be a lot higher he showed at Belle Vue/Somerset he can still mix it at PL level.

18 minutes ago, Fred Flange said:

Some people are just too stupid to understand that 'more naturally talented' often doesn't translate into being 'better'.

For example, PC was more naturally talented than Ivan but Ivan was better.

Ivan Mauger is the last rider you should compare to PC.

• Like 1

I would say Ivan was more succesful than Peter, not better. But I do get your point FF

Edited by hyderd

1 hour ago, Fred Flange said:

Some people are just too stupid to understand that 'more naturally talented' often doesn't translate into being 'better'.

For example, PC was more naturally talented than Ivan but Ivan was better.

Can only use the argument of naturally talented if the two riders you are comparing arent gulfs apart like Auty and Madsen are.

one is a decent enough second tier heatleader, the other is a top number one in the Polish and Swedish top flights.

no comparison im afraid, Madsen is above Auty in all aspects .

1 hour ago, hyderd said:

I would say Ivan was more succesful than Peter, not better. But I do get your point FF

Hyderd in my opinion in no particular order Lee,Gollob,Ward, T.Jansson are the four most naturally gifted riders i ever saw.Just sad i did not see Gollob in his pomp around Bydgoszcz he was amazing his race with Jimmy Nilsen was awesome he made moves that some other riders could only dream of.Lee well was amazing at 16 a freak really superb and i had the pleasure of seeing Darcy as a Robin what ability he had majestic.Tommy Jansson style wise awesome and a certain World Champion and with his looks and personality would of been a terrific role model for speedway a crying shame what happened.

25 minutes ago, Fred Flange said:

QED

I particularly liked the way you said you can't compare them then you compared them 'in all aspects', lol!

Grow up you tool.

your trying to compare a Scunthorpe second heatleader with a rider whos topped the Polish averages and saying he is more talented.

As many have said before, your an absolute pleb. You get kicks out of trying to pick on stevebrum. Sums you up.

trying to say Auty is more talented than the best domestic rider on the continent over the last couple of years sums you up.

11 hours ago, Rob B said:

Nicholls passed riders in ONE race at Leicester, heat 13. He actually passed more riders at the NSS on Monday it's just that they passed him back again!

Incorrect. Ht 13 & 15 but anyway, it was an example to support my point that passing takes place on all tracks, if the rider has the skill and the surface is conducive. 

Edited by SPEEDY69

50 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

passing takes place on all tracks, if the rider has the skill and the surface is conducive. 

Therein lies the problem. That little word if.

32 minutes ago, Fred Flange said:

QED AGAIN, lol!

No wonder the majority think your a piece of work. 

Shame as most of the Belle Vue fans seem decent.

anyone who gets a thrill out of cyber bullying Steve Brum really does need their head looking at. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Fred Flange said:

I like the way you dragged the horror track stalker in to this, he'll love it, right up his street, ha ha!

Think your the one who stalks him Flange boy. As everyone else says.

now you run along telling all your friends Josh Auty is more talented than Leon Madsen, theres a good boy.

Christ, this had taken a dark turn since I last looked in. I was going to add my bit about super Dan but I’ll not bother now for fear of being insulted. 

For what it’s worth I think anyone should be able to compare any two speedway riders on a speedway forum without fear of abuse. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, ouch said:

Christ, this had taken a dark turn since I last looked in. I was going to add my bit about super Dan but I’ll not bother now for fear of being insulted. 

For what it’s worth I think anyone should be able to compare any two speedway riders on a speedway forum without fear of abuse. 

Am I reading this right, you're suggesting Dan has more talent in his left ear than both Madsen & Auty combined?  

Can't argue with that.:drink:

• Like 2