British Speedway Forum
cinderfella

Championship League Riders Championship

Well the 16 riders have just been named and straight away I've got to ask why the hell is Craig Cook in it bearing in mind he has  only ridden twice for Glasgow.
He is obviously in on last years average (as in all honesty is Steve Worrall).
Surely a minimum number of meetings must be undertaken before a rider is eligible as was the case in the Fours a few years back?
Another cock up by BSPA

40 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

Well the 16 riders have just been named and straight away I've got to ask why the hell is Craig Cook in it bearing in mind he has  only ridden twice for Glasgow.
Surely a minimum number of meetings must be undertaken before a rider is eligible as was the case in the Fours a few years back?
Another cock up by BSPA

Because he is a Glasgow rider thought that it would be obvious.

Why is it another cock up really fail to see what your gripe is.

• Like 1

Just now, Gazc said:

Because he is a Glasgow rider thought that it would be obvious.

Why is it another cock up really fail to see what your gripe is.

Why should being a Glasgow rider rider make any difference?  ISheffield had been successful in getting Woofy would he have been handed a place having ridden maybe once for them because of the average he would have come in on? The fact Cookie has only ridden twice yet gets handed a place in the meeting is beyond a joke. Other riders work hard all season long in the quest of getting their averages high enough to qualify. Look at Richie Worrall as an example. been working hard all season, his average is higher than most handed a place.
If you are going to put riders in on averages then put the highest 16 in regardless of who they ride for or if it is a rider from each team then they must have ridden in at least half of their teams fixtures before the selection date I'd suggest.
My gripe is the BSPA are constantly messing Speedway up with inconsistent rulings and changes.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

Why should being a Glasgow rider rider make any difference?  ISheffield had been successful in getting Woofy would he have been handed a place having ridden maybe once for them because of the average he would have come in on? The fact Cookie has only ridden twice yet gets handed a place in the meeting is beyond a joke. Other riders work hard all season long in the quest of getting their averages high enough to qualify. Look at Richie Worrall as an example. been working hard all season, his average is higher than most handed a place.
If you are going to put riders in on averages then put the highest 16 in regardless of who they ride for or if it is a rider from each team then they must have ridden in at least half of their teams fixtures before the selection date I'd suggest.
My gripe is the BSPA are constantly messing Speedway up with inconsistent rulings and changes.

To be honest I don't really bother what they do anymore as they will do it regardless it is what it is , take a deep breath and release and go and enjoy your speedway no point getting upset over what the BSPA do anymore.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gazc said:

To be honest I don't really bother what they do anymore as they will do it regardless it is what it is , take a deep breath and release and go and enjoy your speedway no point getting upset over what the BSPA do anymore.

It's 50 years next month since I saw my first meeting (Coatbridge v Glasgow) and when I think back over the years how much speedway has declined due to the mismanagement by BSP/SCB it's little wonder crowds, with the exception of Glasgow, seem to be falling away.
Deep breath taken and will relax now at least until Friday lol

58 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

Another cock up by BSPA

Nope, it's a COOK up..... :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

It's 50 years next month since I saw my first meeting (Coatbridge v Glasgow) and when I think back over the years how much speedway has declined due to the mismanagement by BSP/SCB it's little wonder crowds, with the exception of Glasgow, seem to be falling away.
Deep breath taken and will relax now at least until Friday lol

Yep it is heart-breaking to watch how they manage to go from one balls up to another and still not get it right.

Most learn from there mistakes but not this shower they stumble from one drama to the next, the carry on with Workington's fixtures this year is just not right and could have an impact on there future this has to be there most stupid ruling ever.

I have been harping on about this for ages but Speedway will only move forward if an outside body takes over the whole shooting match and start from scratch, if not I fear for the sport in this country.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Yep it is heart-breaking to watch how they manage to go from one balls up to another and still not get it right.

Most learn from there mistakes but not this shower they stumble from one drama to the next, the carry on with Workington's fixtures this year is just not right and could have an impact on there future this has to be there most stupid ruling ever.

I have been harping on about this for ages but Speedway will only move forward if an outside body takes over the whole shooting match and start from scratch, if not I fear for the sport in this country.

Yeah I think most fans have been wanting an independent ruling body for the last few years.
Promoters will always be looking for what's best for their own team to the detriment of others as we have seen with the fixture fiasco this year. From what I hear there could be one or two clubs struggling to exist by next season.

2 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

Yeah I think most fans have been wanting an independent ruling body for the last few years.
Promoters will always be looking for what's best for their own team to the detriment of others as we have seen with the fixture fiasco this year. From what I hear there could be one or two clubs struggling to exist by next season.

Probably more than one or two and after the sad demise of Rye House this year any Championship teams looking to move up or being asked if they want to move up will be well advised to give that option a very wide body swerve.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cinderfella said:

Another cock up by BSPA

Typical,   what loks like a strong,wide open field that will be staged in excellent stadium for the event and could be a great day out and already folk picking fault

ffs

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, montie said:

Typical,   what loks like a strong,wide open field that will be staged in excellent stadium for the event and could be a great day out and already folk picking fault

ffs

Seems a fair point though. Speedway's so good at giving people ammunition irrespective of the circumstances.

Edited by Crump99

2 hours ago, Crump99 said:

Seems a fair point though. Speedway's so good at giving people ammunition irrespective of the circumstances.

how is putting the leagues best riders in a competion not a good thing?    seems folk just like to pick fault with speedway these days when infact its a bloody great sport

• Like 4

Well if riders don't need to qualify they might as well make it an open meeting and invite who they want

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, montie said:

how is putting the leagues best riders in a competion not a good thing?    seems folk just like to pick fault with speedway these days when infact its a bloody great sport

No probem with Cook but do you have any idea why Workington's top rider isn't in the field?

It must be on the current green sheet averages as at present Aaron is above Kevin Doolan.

If he has chose to miss the meeting along with the fours then I don't think he should be allowed to ride in our league next season.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sparks123 said:

No probem with Cook but do you have any idea why Workington's top rider isn't in the field?

It must be on the current green sheet averages as at present Aaron is above Kevin Doolan.

If he has chose to miss the meeting along with the fours then I don't think he should be allowed to ride in our league next season.

Poland, possibly?