British Speedway Forum
cinderfella

Championship League Riders Championship

Berwick now have two representatives with Aaron Summers coming into the meeting

Maybe when riders sign a contract to ride for a club it should stipulate what dates they must be available to ride. 

Say for instance it's one big league next year and it has 16 teams. BSPA decide now that the final will be held at Buxton on September 8th 2019. If you cannot be available on that date then you don't get a licence if you're a rider who needs a visa you don't get a visa.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

Maybe when riders sign a contract to ride for a club it should stipulate what dates they must be available to ride. 

Say for instance it's one big league next year and it has 16 teams. BSPA decide now that the final will be held at Buxton on September 8th 2019. If you cannot be available on that date then you don't get a licence if you're a rider who needs a visa you don't get a visa.

Doubt if it would be at Buxton.

4 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

I just picked a team. 

I'm sure Jayne will be flattered by your choice.

It seems we nearly have a rider line up :

THU 30 AUG 2018 BY COMETS PRESS OFFICE

A 5:00pm start at Owlerton for our representative Ty Proctor.
LINE-UP (in draw order): Michael Palm Toft (Peterborough), Charles Wright (Sheffield), Ben Barker (Redcar), Stuart Robson (Newcastle), Adam Ellis (Lakeside), Kevin Doolan (Berwick), Richard Lawson (Lakeside), Ricky Wells OR Richie Worrall (Edinburgh), Rory Schlein OR Nico Covatti (Ipswich), Ty Proctor (Workington), Erik Riss (Edinburgh), Craig Cook (Glasgow), Kyle Howarth (Sheffield), Scott Nicholls (Peterborough), Josh Auty (Scunthorpe), Steve Worrall (Scunthorpe). 

Kyle Bickley will be one of the two Meeting Reserves
COPYRIGHT NOTICE :  THE TEXT CONTENT OF ARTICLES APPEARING ON THIS WEBSITE MAY BE COPIED AND/OR REPRODUCED FOR OTHER MEDIA OUTLETS AND FORMATS PROVIDING THE ARTICLE REMAINS INTACT AND UNEDITED, AND THE SOURCE IS CLEARLY ACKNOWLEDGED AS "WWW.WORKINGTONCOMETS.CO"

30 minutes ago, psycho3a said:

It seems we nearly have a rider line up :

THU 30 AUG 2018 BY COMETS PRESS OFFICE

A 5:00pm start at Owlerton for our representative Ty Proctor.
LINE-UP (in draw order): Michael Palm Toft (Peterborough), Charles Wright (Sheffield), Ben Barker (Redcar), Stuart Robson (Newcastle), Adam Ellis (Lakeside), Kevin Doolan (Berwick), Richard Lawson (Lakeside), Ricky Wells OR Richie Worrall (Edinburgh), Rory Schlein OR Nico Covatti (Ipswich), Ty Proctor (Workington), Erik Riss (Edinburgh), Craig Cook (Glasgow), Kyle Howarth (Sheffield), Scott Nicholls (Peterborough), Josh Auty (Scunthorpe), Steve Worrall (Scunthorpe). 

Kyle Bickley will be one of the two Meeting Reserves
COPYRIGHT NOTICE :  THE TEXT CONTENT OF ARTICLES APPEARING ON THIS WEBSITE MAY BE COPIED AND/OR REPRODUCED FOR OTHER MEDIA OUTLETS AND FORMATS PROVIDING THE ARTICLE REMAINS INTACT AND UNEDITED, AND THE SOURCE IS CLEARLY ACKNOWLEDGED AS "WWW.WORKINGTONCOMETS.CO"

Aaron Summers in meeting

the rider that can not be ar$$ed to show up and give something back to the fans , that could apply to most riders !

TIC.

Edited by jenga

6 minutes ago, oldswindonsupporter said:

Who is Aaron Summers replacing?

Adam Ellis

LINE-UP: Michael Palm Toft (Peterborough), Charles Wright (Sheffield), Ben Barker (Redcar), Tero Aarnio (Newcastle), Aaron Summers (Berwick), Kevin Doolan (Berwick), Richard Lawson (Lakeside), Ricky Wells (Edinburgh), Nico Covatti (Ipswich), Ty Proctor (Workington), Erik Riss (Edinburgh), Craig Cook (Glasgow), Kyle Howarth (Sheffield), Scott Nicholls (Peterborough), Josh Auty (Scunthorpe), Steve Worrall (Scunthorpe).

Edited by Blackadder

After a bit of help does anybody know how to get to the track on a Sunday from the train station and any idea what time the meeting is likely to be done by ? Just looking to see if I can come up for the this meeting but the last train South for me is at 20:58

1 hour ago, flagrag said:

After a bit of help does anybody know how to get to the track on a Sunday from the train station and any idea what time the meeting is likely to be done by ? Just looking to see if I can come up for the this meeting but the last train South for me is at 20:58

Go to the tram stop. Get the tram for either Malin Bridge or Middlewood. Get off at Hillsborough walk a bit further forward then turn right on to Bradfield Road. At the other end of Bradfield Road you can see Owlerton. If you want to know about tram times journey times etc put Sheffield Supertram in search engine and look at the blue route.

Edited by RS50

33 minutes ago, flagrag said:

Around 8pm i would guess

You could get a Taxi from the Railway station which would be quicker.As for the length of the meeting,probably well over two hours which would still give you enough time to get back to the station.