British Speedway Forum

Well watching Doyley ripping it up for Somerset tonight I hope we can get him back but will he want to come back & can Swindon afford him?.

I'd have Adam back for definite but the rest of the 2018 lads will be sweating on whether their average is fitting to the points limit.

Doyley seems content at Somerset which is a shame. Doyley, Morris, Ellis and Zach are certs for me if they all wanted to come back. But will we even track a 2019 team? That could be the biggest question of them all.

The only way Jason will be back at Swindon is if Somerset decide they don't want him. But why would any team not want him?

Just now, Grachan said:

The only way Jason will be back at Swindon is if Somerset decide they don't want him. But why would any team not want him?

I know one team manager who didn't 2 times.

1 minute ago, Crazy robin said:

I know one team manager who didn't 2 times.

Yes and I don't reckon Doyley will forgive him twice

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

No I don't either sadly.

11 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

Why would he? Twice Swindon win the title, and dump him both times.

Not getting a chance to see the World Champion at Swindon pretty much killed my enthusiasm for going to speedway this year, although, to be fair, Troy was a decent replacement considering the restrictions that were placed.

Let's not forget that the "one over 8" nonsense was voted in by other clubs, but I would never have got rid of an opportunity to welcome home the World Champ.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Why would he? Twice Swindon win the title, and dump him both times.

Not getting a chance to see the World Champion at Swindon pretty much killed my enthusiasm for going to speedway this year, although, to be fair, Troy was a decent replacement considering the restrictions that were placed.

Let's not forget that the "one over 8" nonsense was voted in by other clubs, but I would never have got rid of an opportunity to welcome home the World Champ.

I couldn't agree more. I would have kept him. But lets face it we were skint. Plus Nick definitely earned his chance. But to me, I dont see how anyone could turn down the world champ.

• Like 1

The main thing  is that we have speedway next year  ,.the spineless goons from Tomlinson to the  people  the media have let this con carry on with not one person speaking out . For god sake someone from the club or the newspaper make a stand and speak out .

Edited by orion
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, orion said:

The main thing  is that we have speedway next year  ,.the spineless goons from Tomlinson to the  people  the media have let this con carry on with not one person speaking out . For god sake someone from the club or the newspaper make a stand and speak out .

Agreed,don’t start worrying  about a team for next season, Swindon’s fans main concern should be have they got a Stadium, and unfortunately I very much doubt it.

7 hours ago, thecoombdog said:

I couldn't agree more. I would have kept him. But lets face it we were skint. Plus Nick definitely earned his chance. But to me, I dont see how anyone could turn down the world champ.

How many clubs have had two World Champions in there history the great Briggo and Doyley two of my all time favourites.It was a great chance to maybe generate more on the gate with Doyley that could of been special but the truth is we just could not afford him.Also I don't know if this is true or not Somerset have they got a sponsor in to cover Jason's wages? by the way he deserves every penny and he was on the gas tonight a full house.

• Like 1

Realistically you need to pick up 2 away points assuming that BelleVue don't lose at home and don't pick up any more away points. Wolves could also get into the play offs if they  pick up at least 2 away points but again depending on Belle Vue and Swindon's results.

After speaking to Doyley at Reading services a couple of months ago don't think he will be returning to Swindon, if there is speedway there, with Rosco in charge.

39 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

After speaking to Doyley at Reading services a couple of months ago don't think he will be returning to Swindon, if there is speedway there, with Rosco in charge.

Although, to be fair, you could have had the same conversation with Batch a couple of years ago and got the same reaction. But, no, I can't see Jason coming back and my Hans Nielsen/Per Jonsson moment will be gone forever.