British Speedway Forum

10 hours ago, MattK said:

Technically, Doyle wasn't world champion when he rode for Swindon.

10 hours ago, MattK said:

Technically, Doyle wasn't world champion when he rode for Swindon.

The ROLL of  HONOUR says otherwise  i am proud of Briggo being World Champion and now Doyley and Jason has more title's left in him yet.

I guess Swindon still can claim Jason as a World Champion, because he hadn't been released when he won the title and rode all the rounds as a Swindon rider.

I think we all know that it's Somerset who are getting all the joy of it, though.

14 hours ago, ouch said:

Christ, if you use that criteria then there ain’t enough ink for The Aces world champs. 

exactly what a poor post :rofl:

Swindon didn’t ever intend on bringing Doyle back they decided that even before he clinched title....we didn’t even offer any form of celebration for his achievement which said it all about our intention ...clash of egos I’m afraid pathetic really 

• Sad 1

And currently as far as next season is concerned I couldn’t give a rats can’t wait to see the back of this irritating season let alone ‘look forward’ to next season! 

• Like 1

Poor Crowds

Weeks without a home meeting 

Poor Track Conditions

Poor Management

Poor Performances

New Stadium Uncertainty 

Sense of club on the brink 

2018 has been dire in every way

Edited by ZagarRacing

26 minutes ago, ZagarRacing said:

Poor Crowds

Poor Track Conditions

Poor Management

Poor Performances

New Stadium Uncertainty 

Would you bring back Jack Smith and David Bellego next season?

5 minutes ago, theblueboy said:

Would you bring back Jack Smith and David Bellego next season?

Is that a serious question? as long as we have a team i will be happy.

This new stadium stored in Wales, does it exist ? Has anybody seen it and who payed for it. How did Swindon council give planning permission for houses to be built so close to the track if they believed racing would continue. Were people who bought new houses told on the QT that there would be no speedway in the future ? It all smells a bit fishy, I will be surprised I hope if we have a team next year. 

We had the false dawn of a couple of early away wins, but the reservations about the team have come home to roost, after last years highs everything looked rosy apart from the stadium uncertainty, no WC to cheer and a side built on the cheap has quickly dampened the positivity, think this will be the end of the road and the Robins go the way of so many great clubs.

51 minutes ago, ZagarRacing said:

Poor Crowds

Poor Track Conditions

Poor Management

Poor Performances

New Stadium Uncertainty 

I would differ with the poor crowds considering they have held up quite well  especially with it  being World Cup year that was a bloody nuisance.Also with the uncertainty surrounding the club thing's could of been worse Lee Kilby doing a great job doing his best to push the club forward commercially.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, johnno4 said:

How did Swindon council give planning permission for houses to be built so close to the track if they believed racing would continue. Were people who bought new houses told on the QT that there would be no speedway in the future ?

When planning permission for the housing development was granted the stadium was supposed to have been demolished and a new one built away from where the houses now are.

It is only after the houses were built that plans have been submitted to redevelop the old stadium.

Interesting to see some of the names for new roads being added. on the estate.

Shuter Grove, Kurmanski Close, Hitch Road, Hewlett Drive.

https://www.streetcheck.co.uk/postcode/sn254eb

54 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

I would differ with the poor crowds considering they have held up quite well  especially with it  being World Cup year that was a bloody nuisance.Also with the uncertainty surrounding the club thing's could of been worse Lee Kilby doing a great job doing his best to push the club forward commercially.

Lee is doing a great job as Commercial Manager. The crowds have been pretty good this year considering. But fixtures are too erratic. There's been some warm sunny evenings up on the Hill.. Just a pity they couldn't keep the early season form going.

No Doyle was the biggest blow, and Morra has had a poor season. Batch the only top rider.