British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, auntie doris said:

Lee is doing a great job as Commercial Manager. The crowds have been pretty good this year considering. But fixtures are too erratic. There's been some warm sunny evenings up on the Hill.. Just a pity they couldn't keep the early season form going.

No Doyle was the biggest blow, and Morra has had a poor season. Batch the only top rider.

Not to worried about this year, but i am very worried about the Robins long term i cant see there being a future i am expecting the worse.If so that could be it for me Speedway wise can't see me being ass...   to go to Somerset everyweek  we shall see.

I sincerely hope that The Robins are around for a long time to come, as an ex Oxford supporter I know the pain of losing your club. I support the Pirates now (don't think bad of me!) which means a trip of over 100 miles each way for me. Living in Bucks I used to have Oxford, Reading and Rye House all within about 30 miles, plus all the London clubs that are no longer with us.

4 minutes ago, Pirate Rich said:

I sincerely hope that The Robins are around for a long time to come, as an ex Oxford supporter I know the pain of losing your club. I support the Pirates now (don't think bad of me!) which means a trip of over 100 miles each way for me. Living in Bucks I used to have Oxford, Reading and Rye House all within about 30 miles, plus all the London clubs that are no longer with us.

Well Rich you made the right choice supporting the Pirates. What other choice could you make?

7 minutes ago, Pirate Rich said:

Fair play Rich just carry on enjoying your speedway i loved my nights out at Cowley some great nights with Hans/Wiggy( bless him) Cox would have those days back like a shot.

2 hours ago, Grachan said:

Interesting to see some of the names for new roads being added. on the estate.

Shuter Grove, Kurmanski Close, Hitch Road, Hewlett Drive.

https://www.streetcheck.co.uk/postcode/sn254eb

Clive Hitch is still alive! There's also a Teo Close

59 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Not to worried about this year, but i am very worried about the Robins long term i cant see there being a future i am expecting the worse.If so that could be it for me Speedway wise can't see me being ass...   to go to Somerset everyweek  we shall see.

I feel the same way Sid. With very little news about the redevelopment of the stadium and the new houses being so close I really can't see a long term future for the club. Regarding Doyley would love to have seen him at the Abbey again this year but they didn't want to shell out the bucks did they? I think he would have brought a few more punters in.

7 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

Clive Hitch is still alive! There's also a Teo Close

Loved Hitchy  and his dive bombing antics he is one of my all time favourite Budgies.

3 minutes ago, Gresham78 said:

I feel the same way Sid. With very little news about the redevelopment of the stadium and the new houses being so close I really can't see a long term future for the club. Regarding Doyley would love to have seen him at the Abbey again this year but they didn't want to shell out the bucks did they? I think he would have brought a few more punters in.

Would you carry on supporting Somerset  Gresh if Swindon closed ? or would you just give up.I know it is a long shot but the only other option might be Oxford for us Swindon fans still a glimmer of hope there.

33 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Would you carry on supporting Somerset  Gresh if Swindon closed ? or would you just give up.I know it is a long shot but the only other option might be Oxford for us Swindon fans still a glimmer of hope there.

I'd probably opt for Somerset Sid, it's a fairly straight forward journey for me - as long as the M5 behaves!

1 minute ago, Gresham78 said:

I'd probably opt for Somerset Sid, it's a fairly straight forward journey for me - as long as the M5 behaves!

Don't think i could support anybody else Speedway could be a thing of the past for me soon Gresh unfortunately.

9 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Don't think i could support anybody else Speedway could be a thing of the past for me soon Gresh unfortunately.

That's a shame but I understand, having to swap teams doesn't seem right; even though I only saw them for one season I'm still a Bulldog at heart 

Just had a chat with Terry Russell. He said thd back straight and bogs will soon be a pile of rubble.  Then the main stand will be gone and they will have everything in place for the start of next season. 

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Just had a chat with Terry Russell. He said thd back straight and bogs will soon be a pile of rubble.  Then the main stand will be gone and they will have everything in place for the start of next season. 

Is this a wind up or a genuine update, I know you will be at Poole tonight but us Robins fans are geneuonly worried about our future, that’s not down to Terry Russell but more so Stadia UK. 

Gospel just chatted with him in the bar. Been good mates for a long time. He said that Osborne cant build the final stage until the stadium is done.  Had a meeting in the ladt week or so. Seemed confident.