British Speedway Forum

14 hours ago, Trees said:

Why the hell is he not publicising the facts then, does he not realise how important it is to the Robins fans, unbelievable!! 

Probably thought if I tell Steve Shovlar “I love to tell people” then their would be no need to as he loves being in the know & couldn’t keep quiet in an empty room.

Edited by Crazy robin

On 8/23/2018 at 5:20 AM, Trees said:

Why the hell is he not publicising the facts then, does he not realise how important it is to the Robins fans, unbelievable!! 

There are a number of reason why, if it is true, it is not being publicised.

Firstly, admitting the existing stadium is being demolished before planning permission is granted for the "new" stadium is likely to cause a great deal of consternation - and rightly so.

Secondly, it finally put to bed the myth that the old stadium cannot be demolished until the new stadium has been built.

Thirdly, no one has any faith that the developers will not knock down the old stadium and simply leave it at that.

3 minutes ago, MattK said:

There are a number of reason why, if it is true, it is not being publicised.

Firstly, admitting the existing stadium is being demolished before planning permission is granted for the "new" stadium is likely to cause a great deal of consternation - and rightly so.

Secondly, it finally put to bed the myth that the old stadium cannot be demolished until the new stadium has been built.

Thirdly, no one has any faith that the developers will not knock down the old stadium and simply leave it at that.

Is it not in the Deed's Matt that a sporting venue has to stay there is that a lie.?

8 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Is it not in the Deed's Matt that a sporting venue has to stay there is that a lie.?

Not that I am aware. There was a restrictive convenant on the land around the stadium, as it was allocated to commercial use as part of the original North Swindon Development Plan, but this was clearly overlooked when they applied for permission to build houses.

I have heard people claim there is a restriction in the planning permission for the brand new stadium which says the old stadium cannot be demolished before the new one is built, but no one can point me to where in the planning permission this is written and I have read all the documents and cannot find any mention of it.

1 minute ago, MattK said:

Not that I am aware. There was a restrictive convenant on the land around the stadium, as it was allocated to commercial use as part of the original North Swindon Development Plan, but this was clearly overlooked when they applied for permission to build houses.

I have heard people claim there is a restriction in the planning permission for the brand new stadium which says the old stadium cannot be demolished before the new one is built, but no one can point me to where in the planning permission this is written and I have read all the documents and cannot find any mention of it.

If you were a betting man Matt and to your credit  you do get a lot right on all subjects do you see speedway starting at the Abbey in March 2019.?

They will do a Reading on us if they can get away with it. Drove past Smallmead on the way to the R Berks Monday, it has just been left as a temp car park. The sign on the roundabout still says Stadium !! 

20 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

If you were a betting man Matt and to your credit  you do get a lot right on all subjects do you see speedway starting at the Abbey in March 2019.?

Yes, I think so. Say what you want about Clarke Osborne, he definitely plans the long game. There are tens of millions of pounds worth of housing to be built on the land where the new stadium was supposed to go. I can't see him jeopardising that upsetting the council/speedway fans.

For me, the biggest short term issue must be the houses they have built right next to the pits. The noise there must be insufferable during meetings.

I still think the best solution is for the club to cut a deal with Osborne, agree for the stadium to be demolished and housing put in it's place, in exchange for a downpayment to the club for a new stadium elsewhere in Swindon away from any potential new developments. I simply cannot see a long term future for the Robins at the Abbey now that is almost completely surrounded by homes.

• Like 1

Team Talk 

If the rules stay the same and same points limit.

Using new averages from 1st Sept

1. Troy Batchelor 7.96

2. Adam Ellis 6.49

3. Scott Nicholls 6.48

4. Tobiasz Musielak 6.61

5. Nick Morris 6.92

6. Stefan Nielsen 3.67

7. Zach Wajtknecht 4.29

0.08 Remaining 

1 hour ago, ZagarRacing said:

Team Talk 

1. Troy Batchelor 7.96

2. Adam Ellis 6.49

3. Scott Nicholls 6.48

4. Tobiasz Musielak 6.61

5. Nick Morris 6.92

6. Stefan Nielsen 3.67

7. Zach Wajtknecht 4.29

0.08 Remaining 

What, and get rid of your 2 favourite riders?

I can’t have that...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ZagarRacing said:

Team Talk 

1. Troy Batchelor 7.96

2. Adam Ellis 6.49

3. Scott Nicholls 6.48

4. Tobiasz Musielak 6.61

5. Nick Morris 6.92

6. Stefan Nielsen 3.67

7. Zach Wajtknecht 4.29

0.08 Remaining 

Smith and Bellego the only 2 I would keep from this year

• Haha 1

I see the troll is posting rubbish again.

• Like 1

He doesn’t even try to hide it any more 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Jonny the spud said:

He doesn’t even try to hide it any more 

But he is denying that's he's RR!

• Like 1

With the 2018 season all but completed for Swindon, attention turns to 2019.

Current Averages

Batchelor 7.96 - Form has dipped last few months, double scores home and away before that. Unlikely to improve current average in 2019. UNSURE

Morris 6.92 - Bargain Average if he can rediscover 2017 form. KEEP

Musielak 6.61 - Another rider on a bargain average. Still only 25 years old and will keep improving. KEEP

Ellis 6.49 - Most improved rider of 2018 for Swindon, a young Brit who will continue to improve. KEEP

Bellego 6.00 - One of the most inconsistent riders of 2018. Tempting low average for 2019. KEEP

Wajtknecht 4.29 - Will continue to improve and has made great strides in 2018. A young Brit with massive potential. KEEP

Smith 2.00 - Doesn’t have the ability for Premiership speedway. Needs to concentrate on Championship & Conference league.

Riders I’d like to see at Swindon in 2019.

Jason Doyle

Matej Zagar

Peter Kildemand

Dimitri Berge

Stefan Nielsen