British Speedway Forum

Looks like that would ride almost like a circle. Not a bad thing. Better than a  small track with long straights and tight bends any day.

Virtually the same size as Poole (299.1m), Should be great.:t:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Virtually the same size as Poole (299.1m), Should be great.:t:

Is that including all of the hills?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, iainb said:

Is that including all of the hills?

If you do not ride over the lumps or down into the holes it is only 290 mtrs  :wink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I'm in the "can't see it happening myself " camp. I'm not a Swindon fan but I am a speedway racing fan. And the "another track bites the dust" news would be portentous.

1 hour ago, cityrebel said:

Are you Swindon fans convinced that the stadium revamp is finally gonna happen, or is it more hot air.

think every speedway fan is hoping for the best,but just a little concerned

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

And thats 300 mtrs is it ? Looks a bit like 260 to me, but the shape is good.

Some great racing at Mildenhall Starry, but of course it needs two decent teams as well. I was just highlighting the shape, not the length. Good luck next Monday  :t:

17 minutes ago, BluPanther said:

Some great racing at Mildenhall Starry, but of course it needs two decent teams as well. I was just highlighting the shape, not the length. Good luck next Monday  :t:

Yeh understand that i did see the length on the photo, but again that to me is a great shape as long as you have plenty of width and a bit of banking on the bends to counteract that width. Somerset has plenty of width it is wider than poole,  but both are great shape tracks, P'boro is another, only problem is you can have to much of a good thing, and then it becomes boring, thats not a critisum.
Thanks for Monday, im very sure we will do our best.

Edited by Starman2006

In the longer Terry Russell article in the Speedway Star he says that much of the new speedway track work should be done in October and November.

The dog track will also be changed and Gaming International will be trying to do that work in between greyhound race days over the winter.

I’ve always been told length is important Blu.....not so much the shape though....

1 hour ago, EnglishRoundabout said:

I’ve always been told length is important Blu.....not so much the shape though....

Never mind the quality, feel the width:blink:

1 hour ago, EnglishRoundabout said:

Yep my missus says the same!!!