British Speedway Forum

Great news from Lee Kilby..the new track has been marked out and is being worked on.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Mafiarule said:

A new shaped track with old run down facilities. Still all talk new stadium ..

I'd rather that than no speedway at Swindon, or anywhere else for that matter. Once a club shuts, it usually stays shut.

• Like 7

58 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I'd rather that than no speedway at Swindon, or anywhere else for that matter. Once a club shuts, it usually stays shut.

Agreed, do not give a toss about the stands or back straight bog or the bloody awful food for sale.

• Like 2

Swindon has never been the same since Peter toogood was in charge. Bring back the characters and premier league racing

37 minutes ago, Mafiarule said:

Swindon has never been the same since Peter toogood was in charge. Bring back the characters and premier league racing

Good days, but that league isn't the same now either. Personally glad and grateful to have had the chance to watch the likes of Adams, Zagar, Richardson, Ward, Doyle, Janowski and countless other top notch riders wearing Robins colours since then.

Edited by Reliant Robin
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Mafiarule said:

I hated Premier League at Swindon. On the few occasions I went, the crowds were tiny and they had the most irritating way of putting junior race every 4 races, which totally ruined the flow of the meeting.

• Like 1

Good news that the club are finally getting the new track marked out and work started. The current track has produced diabolical racing in recent seasons. A new 300 metre track is needed with the right shape. Hope they don’t do a Leicester and put in something just as bad. Finger crossed.

20 hours ago, A ORLOV said:

Agreed, do not give a toss about the stands or back straight bog or the bloody awful food for sale.

I’m pretty certain the back straight bogs will be incorporated into the new look stadium Orlovski. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EnglishRoundabout said:

I’m pretty certain the back straight bogs will be incorporated into the new look stadium Orlovski. 

They can be as I understand they are a building of historic interest.  

20 hours ago, Grachan said:

I hated Premier League at Swindon. On the few occasions I went, the crowds were tiny and they had the most irritating way of putting junior race every 4 races, which totally ruined the flow of the meeting.

Obviously picked wrong meeting team was a team. Characters and time for the fans. Remember Edinburgh being rained off how did the spend there evening. Making a announced trip to the hotel where the fans were staying to mix with the fans . Can't ever see that happening these days.bring back premier league or championship any day of week. 

On 10/29/2018 at 12:12 PM, auntie doris said:

Great news from Lee Kilby..the new track has been marked out and is being worked on.

Any photos or like the new stadium is it Dreamworld?

You would have thought the Swindon Promoters would have put out a Press Photo out, Just to show there fans that progress is being made, very strange  

Anyone can stick a few pegs in the ground. It would be nice to have some photographic evidence of the work actually starting. It's the least the Swindon fans deserve.

• Like 3