British Speedway Forum

15 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

That's to do with the housing & no more can be built. The stadium referb has now been approved. As I said previously, now over to Staida UK.

A comment from the club.

http://www.swindon-speedway.com/news.php?extend.3188.1

An inaccurate comment from the club.

Planning permission has been granted SUBJECT TO THE SIGNING OF A SECTION 106 AGREEMENT.

And as para 55 of the report states "the matters raised are complex and difficult to resolve" and this planning application does not resolve them. Given the history of this application and the applicants previous (in)actions it would be unwise to assume that this will be resolved in short order.

• Like 1

So in the very near future will we see a convoy of flatbed lorries heading from South Wales will sections of prefab stadium? I somehow doubt it. I don’t believe there is any parts of stadium in South Wales, or anywhere else for that matter. Just bluff and bluster from Stadia UK to get the houses built and get out.  At least the council have suddenly grown a pair and said no more houses until the stadium is built. That has chucked a cog in the works,

11 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Poole Keith won't be happy judging by his post.

what a ridiculous thing to write,delighted for speedway, doesnt alter turmoil greyhound racing is in

33 minutes ago, poole keith said:

what a ridiculous thing to write,delighted for speedway, doesnt alter turmoil greyhound racing is in

It`s not all doom and gloom as Towcester Racecourse assets including the greyhound track were sold yesterday to a company linked to the Hesketh family- with more news expected early in 2019 

https://www.racingpost.com/news/towcester-fate-to-be-known-in-new-year-after-racing-assets-sold-to-new-company/353599

47 minutes ago, poole keith said:

Apologies. I thought the tone of your post was banging the nail further into speedway's and greyhound racing's coffin?!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

So in the very near future will we see a convoy of flatbed lorries heading from South Wales will sections of prefab stadium? I somehow doubt it. I don’t believe there is any parts of stadium in South Wales, or anywhere else for that matter. Just bluff and bluster from Stadia UK to get the houses built and get out.  At least the council have suddenly grown a pair and said no more houses until the stadium is built. That has chucked a cog in the works,

It is a pity that the Council did not grow some earlier and force Stadia to stick to the original agreements re starting the stadium at a lower number of house builds.
We now wait to see what happens.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

It`s not all doom and gloom as Towcester Racecourse assets including the greyhound track were sold yesterday to a company linked to the Hesketh family- with more news expected early in 2019 

https://www.racingpost.com/news/towcester-fate-to-be-known-in-new-year-after-racing-assets-sold-to-new-company/353599

i didnt say all doom and gloom tim just that the dog tracks will be divided into the haves and havenots,supposed reliable source reported this wk harlow,henlow,doncaster and central park  will each sign a contract paying 20million to each one over 5yrs.Swindon and poole are in the rival group and will certainly not be offered anything similar,or indeed anything at all.both stadiums to be successful need prettymuch all the parts to be profitable.I am connected to both sports(more dogs)and want both venues  to succeed now and long into the future. 

5 minutes ago, poole keith said:

i didnt say all doom and gloom tim just that the dog tracks will be divided into the haves and havenots,supposed reliable source reported this wk harlow,henlow,doncaster and central park  will each sign a contract paying 20million to each one over 5yrs.Swindon and poole are in the rival group and will certainly not be offered anything similar,or indeed anything at all.both stadiums to be successful need prettymuch all the parts to be profitable.I am connected to both sports(more dogs)and want both venues  to succeed now and long into the future. 

You used the word " Turmoil" - maybe " uncertainty " would have been a better word ;) I love my trips to some of the big dog meetings - ie Trainers championship night and Towcester was such a brilliant night out !!

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

the council have clearly passed the buck over to stadia uk or whoever builds the new or re-vamped stadium there is no way stadia uk paid for parts of the new grandstand to be built & stored in wales for over 12 mths they wouldn't pay for anything until permission was granted so now it's here let's see if it arrives ?? i doubt it very much ?? also if no one comes forward to build a stadium then council won't hang around and they will build houses on the land for sure sadly swindon council have clearly passed the buck for sure !!

13 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

the council have clearly passed the buck over to stadia uk or whoever builds the new or re-vamped stadium there is no way stadia uk paid for parts of the new grandstand to be built & stored in wales for over 12 mths they wouldn't pay for anything until permission was granted so now it's here let's see if it arrives ?? i doubt it very much ?? also if no one comes forward to build a stadium then council won't hang around and they will build houses on the land for sure sadly swindon council have clearly passed the buck for sure !!

Unbelievable Geoff!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, The Weasel said:

Unbelievable Geoff!

yes the question all swindon & speedway fans need answering is who is paying for new or re-vamped stadium ? stadia uk ? or someone else ? certainly isn't swindon council !! or like has been mentioned is it in secret storage in port talbot ??? very doubtful !! the club need to answer this to the swindon fans !!

Is the 2.5 % for any rider that was in the NL in which case Nick Morris will get it as well.  The wording could be a bit better re who is eligible for the discount, ie any rider who has been in it and is it limited by riders average or years in PL.

Edited by A ORLOV