British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, Steve0 said:

If they are giving reductions for coming through the NL then Nick Morris would be eligible - wouldn’t he?

it has to be within the last 3 years !!

41 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

it has to be within the last 3 years !!

Where have you got that information from?

The BSPA League Structures for 2019 will be; (NB to support the progression of riders who have progressed through the National Development League, all riders will receive a 2.5% reduction in their average)

15 minutes ago, theblueboy said:

The BSPA League Structures for 2019 will be; (NB to support the progression of riders who have progressed through the National Development League, all riders will receive a 2.5% reduction in their average)

The last 3 years was from last season's regulations. Whether the rules for next season include that restriction or not remains to be seen.

• Like 1

This years final average for the Swindon team is about 40.1, that is before the 2.5% reduction for some of the riders so even if we kept the same 1-6 we have 2.4 points approx for a stronger reserve and 1- 5 rider.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Steve0 said:

I read that he wasn’t returning to Reszsow as he is owed £28K - Swindon Advertiser

That was what was released in local Swindon media and seemed to be the case as of morning of 14th.

However they must have negotiated a solution as the contract to race there in 2019  was FINALLY signed just before midnight on the 14th Nov jut as the window was closing. Was also reported yesterday on POL Speedway site and on the Reszows site (was either twitter or FB).

1 hour ago, theblueboy said:

if that's the case cook worrall and other riders will get a reduction pretty sure it's within the last 3 years ?

21 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

That was what was released in local Swindon media and seemed to be the case as of morning of 14th.

However they must have negotiated a solution as the contract to race there in 2019  was FINALLY signed just before midnight on the 14th Nov jut as the window was closing. Was also reported yesterday on POL Speedway site and on the Reszows site (was either twitter or FB).

Ok thanks to you and Orlov for clarifying

On 11/16/2018 at 11:27 AM, geoff58 said:

if that's the case cook worrall and other riders will get a reduction pretty sure it's within the last 3 years ?

I'm not aware of this timescale but would make sense wouldn't it? seeing as it's supposed to help their transition into the higher league and aid their development, I've already mocked a Poole supporter on another thread for suggesting Harris would be entitled. :rofl:

Edited by The Weasel
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, geoff58 said:

This used to be the case however the statement on the BSPA web site looks pretty vague to me (or is it) with 
 The BSPA League Structures for 2019 will be; (NB to support the progression of riders who have progressed through the National Development League, all riders will receive a 2.5% reduction in their average) 
Therefore it does appear to be saying anyone (ever) who has raced in these development leagues is applicable for a 2.5% reduction,  however I would love to have it confirmed one way or the other "somewhere" what is meant by it. Also as it is primarily British riders who come through these routes I think it is a step in the right direction. 

The key words to me being all riders will receive a 2.5% reduction which isn't a great deal off an average but based over seven (British) riders building to 42.5 points it can make a significant difference by adding just over one full build point!!!

Regards
THJ

From The Weasel

"I'm not aware of this timescale but would make sense wouldn't it? seeing as it's supposed to help their transition into the higher league and aid their development, I've all ready mocked a Poole supporter on another thread for suggesting Harris would be entitled"

Like it however he could be right! though!!

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Edited for accuracy
  • Like 1

Hopefully we'll use as many of our assets as possible, so would pencil in Nick, Tobi, Adam, Zach & Stefan. PK? maybe.

18 hours ago, ZagarRacing said:

Robins currently in talks to sign Dimitri Berge as a full asset.

Good News 

18 hours ago, ZagarRacing said:

Robins currently in talks to sign Dimitri Berge as a full asset.

Good News 

Yes & Greg Hancock, Bruce Penhall & Dennis Sigalos.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Crazy robin said:

Yes & Greg Hancock, Bruce Penhall & Dennis Sigalos.

Do not forget R Lambert as well  :rolleyes: 

34 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

Do not forget R Lambert as well  :rolleyes: 

And don't forget my nan, she's a excellent trapper and dead cert she won't be taken from behind. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 11/16/2018 at 1:06 PM, The Weasel said:

I'm not aware of this timescale but would make sense wouldn't it? seeing as it's supposed to help their transition into the higher league and aid their development, I've all ready mocked a Poole supporter on another thread for suggesting Harris would be entitled. :rofl:

Mr Weasel just for info...

Doing track work at Derwent Park yesterday and Tony Jackson (Workington team manager and club promoter) confirmed that it was all UK nationals who qualify for the 2.5% reduction. He attended the AGM so I assume he knows what he's talking about.

Regards 

THJ 

• Thanks 1