British Speedway Forum

Took a look at the track today, yes there are stakes in the ground marking out the track, that's it though.

31 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Doing track work at Derwent Park yesterday

Hope you got the brushes out.....paint and sweeping...therefore helping with the  RL's appeal to clean up Derwent Park...I would assist but for medical reasons it's not poss....cough cough..

• Like 1

Berge at 7 would make a decent number team and will be better with Morris and Bellego sure to have better results

Just curious, but if the 3rd & 4th bends are to be moved, will the start line be moved to the new midpoint of the home straight, and out of line with the current Referee's position?

5 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Just curious, but if the 3rd & 4th bends are to be moved, will the start line be moved to the new midpoint of the home straight, and out of line with the current Referee's position?

It will be moved nearer bends 3 and 4 and it would be out of line of the current refs box.

Not every track has the start line level with the ref's box, so no big deal.

The current view of bends 3/4 from the refs box is very poor, so moving bends 3 & 4 can only improve matters even if the refs box stays in its current position.

1 minute ago, arnieg said:

The current view of bends 3/4 from the refs box is very poor, so moving bends 3 & 4 can only improve matters even if the refs box stays in its current position.

Clearly can’t see the start line either given the amount of rollers missed last season.

It was just like the start of the Daytona 500...

11 minutes ago, arnieg said:

But they are not moving bends 3 and 4, just 1 and 2

1 hour ago, A ORLOV said:

But they are not moving bends 3 and 4, just 1 and 2

I understand the current inside line is to become the outside line  on all 4 bends and the width of the track will be slightly wider than the current track. The start line is too be moved back. Old pits are too be demolished and a bank to be put in  and become a barrier too prospective new housing as and when new stadium is complete.. .

Edited by Mafiarule

7 minutes ago, Mafiarule said:

I understand the current inside line is to become the outside line  on all 4 bends and the width of the track will be slightly wider than the current track. The start line is too be moved back. Old pits are too be demolished and a bank to be put in  and become a barrier too prospective new housing as and when new stadium is complete.. .

No, just realigning bends 1 and 2 and I hope they are making the track wider.    

Edited by A ORLOV

21 hours ago, A ORLOV said:

No, just realigning bends 1 and 2 and I hope they are making the track wider.    

Been told that it all bends from track staff and Rosco too. Be good if the club could be bothered to  post some images.  .over too  the media man 

8 minutes ago, Mafiarule said:

Been told that it all bends from track staff and Rosco too. Be good if the club could be bothered to  post some images.  .over too  the media man 

Well the plans only show bends 1 and 2 moving and that is what has been passed by the Council , also the last time I looked they had only marked out the new bends at that end with pegs.

Edited by A ORLOV

Ive taken this from Scunthorpe’s article regarding signing Stef Nielsen & Garrity....

With a 2.5% discount now in place for all riders who graduated from the third tier – the Conference / National League “

Surely we need to use Stef, Adam & Zach now. Nick must qualify as well as he came through the conference?!