British Speedway Forum

1 minute ago, hagonshocker said:

Would rather use riders who merit a team place based on more than just a paltry 2.5 reduction 

If it means the return of a real No1 in Doyle those "paltry" 2.5% average reduction means the team you can put together works out about half a point better off. Effectively getting Doyle on a 9. Or another way, rider's almost guaranteed to improve their averages. It's a winning formula that needs to be look at, not discarded. 

Morris, Ellis, Wajtknecht and Nielsen should all be considered.

1. Doyle 9.57

2. Wright 5.14

3. Musielak 6.65

4. Ellis 6.33

5. Morris 6.74

6. Wajtknecht 4.22

7. Nielsen 3.58

Ave: 42.23

Strength in depth all the way through that team with an exceptional No1

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, hagonshocker said:

Would rather use riders who merit a team place based on more than just a paltry 2.5 reduction 

So you don't believe Adam & Zach deserve a place in the side on merit?

6 hours ago, hyabb17 said:

So you don't believe Adam & Zach deserve a place in the side on merit?

Yes I do but wouldn't personally consider anyone else mere!y based on the reduction particularly Stefan who seems rather injury prone....I appreciate Adam and Zach have had knocks but SN spends more time out than riding .....I'm not sure what I think about Nick back his average seems a no brainer but I'm just not sure either way , just as want to see a reliable number one with perhaps Troy at 5? I take Daniel Smith point also but just think if there's a better rider that doesn't qualify for a 2.5 don't want to see him overlooked because of that 

42 minutes ago, hagonshocker said:

Still believe 2.5 for a Brit is rather paltry!

It isn't much, but can make a big difference if you have 2 or 3 when trying to fit a team together :t:

Edited by Bald Bloke

1 hour ago, hagonshocker said:

Still believe 2.5 for a Brit is rather paltry!

Would like to have seen 5% at the very least.This way you would like to think the promoters would seriously look at the British riders first.

• Like 1

Must be tempting to recall Doyle and had there have not been a rule on all riders having to have a real average of three points it would be easy to fit him in but that ruling makes it a bit harder to fit in a big number one and have a strong tail end. 

With Batchelor, Morris, Musielak, Ellis and Bellego they have a solid top five and it's unlikely Zach would be pushed into the top five but would be able to pair up with a decent partner like Berge and if reductions are enough Jake Allen possibly could fit in at reserve. 

Batchelor, Morris, Musielak, Ellis, Bellego, JAKE ALLEN ?, Zach 

9 hours ago, INCOGNITO said:

Must be tempting to recall Doyle and had there have not been a rule on all riders having to have a real average of three points it would be easy to fit him in but that ruling makes it a bit harder to fit in a big number one and have a strong tail end. 

With Batchelor, Morris, Musielak, Ellis and Bellego they have a solid top five and it's unlikely Zach would be pushed into the top five but would be able to pair up with a decent partner like Berge and if reductions are enough Jake Allen possibly could fit in at reserve. 

I would certainly base my team around Doyley( can we afford him???)  supported by Musielak, Ellis,Zach, Nielsen there then being two other places up for grabs.

Does anyone know how too contact Ian Lewis the photographer up there. I'm needing some images from him. Not sure if he's still about though

12 hours ago, INCOGNITO said:

We need some fresh blood. Six if the seven who helped us narrowly avoided last place in 2018 is not the answer IMO.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MattK said:

We need some fresh blood. Six if the seven who helped us narrowly avoided last place in 2018 is not the answer IMO.

Morris and Bellego dropped more than most and Musielak dropped too but all three can be bargains and Swindon only lost out when they folded late on but with others having to lose riders, strengthening the reserve berth that has to be improved would give you a good 1-7 

Swindon would be mad to let Morris go anywhere on his bargain average.  Given his history with Rosco, I’d like to think he would stay.  Swindon will have a new track so hopefully that will be a catalyst for an improved season for him rather than a year away and then saddled with a big average again!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mafiarule said:

Does anyone know how too contact Ian Lewis the photographer up there. I'm needing some images from him. Not sure if he's still about though

Pretty sure he's still on Facebook