British Speedway Forum

15 minutes ago, John Scrutton said:

Not seen any official signings announced yet.   So how come some supporters already know the make up of Swindon for 2019 ??

He doesn’t - he’s a troll :rolleyes:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 2:00 PM, MattK said:

What about Aaron Summers in place of Howarth? His 2018 average is 4.58 and he rode in the old Conference League, so your guess is as good as mine as to whether he gets a discount.

Isn't Summers an Aussie & if so, they don't get the 205% discount, only applies to Brit's.

7 minutes ago, robins les said:

Isn't Summers an Aussie & if so, they don't get the 205% discount, only applies to Brit's.

Where does it say it only applies to Brits?

1 hour ago, Steve0 said:

He doesn’t - he’s a troll :rolleyes:

There are one or two idiots who post on here that claim they know what is happening

7 hours ago, ReadingRacer2017 said:

Batchelor, Morris, Musielak and Wajtknecht have already signed 2019 contracts with Swindon. Ellis & Bellego both available on loans. 

pure speculation !!

I very much doubt Batch will be back, Nick, Tobi, Zach & Adam 1st.

8 hours ago, ReadingRacer2017 said:

Batchelor, Morris, Musielak and Wajtknecht have already signed 2019 contracts with Swindon. Ellis & Bellego both available on loans. 

Well there’s a surprise....  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, noggin said:

I very much doubt Batch will be back, Nick, Tobi, Zach & Adam 1st.

If we don't sign Batchelor and presumably can't afford Doyle, that doesn't leave us with many options for a #1.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MattK said:

If we don't sign Batchelor and presumably can't afford Doyle, that doesn't leave us with many options for a #1.

Perhaps Rosco will surprise us.

Young Anders Rowe has got a great move to Somerset and hopefully he can kick on again at the pacy Somerset track.My hope is that Anders will be ready for the top league by his twentieth birthday.Also will be interesting to see what happens to Tom Brennan he was very impressive for us last year and i would like to think Rosco has first option on Tom.

20 hours ago, MattK said:

Where does it say it only applies to Brits?

Not sure but I read it on a post where the promoter said that the 2.5% only applies to British riders, which makes sense if they are trying to promote more home talent.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, robins les said:

Not sure but I read it on a post where the promoter said that the 2.5% only applies to British riders, which makes sense if they are trying to promote more home talent.

Those hoping the Aussies in their team also qualify for the reduction are just perpetuating the attitude of self interest and manipulation that has been one the main problems on the sport for too long

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Those hoping the Aussies in their team also qualify for the reduction are just perpetuating the attitude of self interest and manipulation that has been one the main problems on the sport for too long

I think people are just basing this assumption on the rule from last season which did not have any nationality restrictions:

A rider who has participated in the NDL will receive a 2.5% reduction on their MA after attaining an established SGB Premiership or Championship League MA, for the next 3 Seasons taking regard of any season where the Rider did not appear in a SGB Premiership or Championship League Team Declaration.