British Speedway Forum

There is going to have to be some clever fixture planning in the Premiership in 2019- GB has priority over Sweden on Thursdays. Take Jason Doyle as an example, Rospiggarna have 4 Thursday fixtures - can’t imagine he will be happy missing any of those matches because he is riding Premiership that night for about half the money(approx).

Edited by racers and royals

43 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

There is going to have to be some clever fixture planning in the Premiership in 2019- GB has priority over Sweden on Thursdays. Take Jason Doyle as an example, Rospiggarna have 4 Thursday fixtures - can you imagine he will be happy missing any of those matches because he is riding Premiership that night for about half the money(approx).

There are a couple of possible answers to that.

1) Swindon v Poole for example may switch in some instances to a Wed to suit one another ??. Maybe the odd other switch. I am sure Doyley would have had discussions already  with Rosco on that score before signing on the dotted line

2) Tough anyway on SWE as the authoririties that be already deemed UK had priority over SWE on Thur as SWE have their allocated day on a Tue.

I am sure its been planned to work out for Club/s and rider. Same applies to any other rider should they ride for a Thur UK club where the Swedes deem to want the odd Thur night. Also remember the Swedes tend to have  a squad system should the odd meeting clash.

6 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

1) Swindon v Poole for example may switch in some instances to a Wed to suit one another ??. Maybe the odd other switch. I am sure Doyley would have had discussions already  with Rosco on that score before signing on the dotted line

2) Tough anyway on SWE as the authoririties that be already deemed UK had priority over SWE on Thur as SWE have their allocated day on a Tue.

I am sure its been planned to work out for Club/s and rider. Same applies to any other rider should they ride for a Thur UK club where the Swedes deem to want the odd Thur night. Also remember the Swedes tend to have  a squad system should the odd meeting clash.

Sweden might ok the use of R/R for riders riding Premiership on a Thursday.

9 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

prem is mon/thurs fixed if some are allowed to ride weds then we can ride fridays

!! 

4 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Sweden might ok the use of R/R for riders riding Premiership on a Thursday.

Could be.

Must profess it seems a maze to me how they do it when the UK fixtures have not be advertised or to my knowledge even agreed yet other than we know UK has Mon/Thur and both Swin/Poole have agreed Thur with MAYBE the odd Wed fixture when fixtures clash i.e Poole V Swindon and the repeat fixure x 2.

3 hours ago, racers and royals said:

There is going to have to be some clever fixture planning in the Premiership in 2019- GB has priority over Sweden on Thursdays. Take Jason Doyle as an example, Rospiggarna have 4 Thursday fixtures - can’t imagine he will be happy missing any of those matches because he is riding Premiership that night for about half the money(approx).

Surely if we have Thursdays protected doesn't matter whats on offer we have preference,so sweden go rr. 

35 minutes ago, Paddy The Rebel said:

Surely if we have Thursdays protected doesn't matter whats on offer we have preference,so sweden go rr. 

If the Premiership teams want to pi$$ the riders off then arrange the meetings when they would like to be in Sweden !!!!!

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

If the Premiership teams want to pi$$ the riders off then arrange the meetings when they would like to be in Sweden !!!!!

Didn’t you tell us we had Cook as number 1 as your cousin told you....

if you read the adver (not the cook article) Doyley said tha Swindon will ensure he’s ok for Gp’s....Swindon will ride Thursday’s as that’s our night & also the protected night for the premiership. I would imagine that the Thursdays Rossigarne are at home we won’t be...this will have been discussed with doyley. 

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, hyabb17 said:

if you read the adver (not the cook article) Doyley said tha Swindon will ensure he’s ok for Gp’s....Swindon will ride Thursday’s as that’s our night & also the protected night for the premiership. I would imagine that the Thursdays Rossigarne are at home we won’t be...this will have been discussed with doyley. 

You have the wrong Reading fan mate!!

1 hour ago, thecoombdog said:

You have the wrong Reading fan mate!!

That's the proper Reading one in fact more than just a fan!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hyabb17 said:

Apologies.....got mixed up a little. 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, ZagarRacing said:

Second signing to be announced tomorrow morning.

I predict Tobiasz Musielak 

someone completely different then going off your past predictions :rofl: 

• Like 1

If Swindon get a top 4 of Doyle , Morris  , Tobi and Ellis and can keep Zach at reserve then god help the rest of us

4 minutes ago, Gavan said:

If Swindon get a top 4 of Doyle , Morris  , Tobi and Ellis and can keep Zach at reserve then god help the rest of us

I’m hoping those are all in along with Berge. 

• Like 1