British Speedway Forum

36 minutes ago, ray c said:

Do you think nick needs a change though genuine question ?

Sorry to butt in but before we signed Doyley back i felt he did but Jason may literally Kickstart Nicks Swindon career again

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, ray c said:

Do you think nick needs a change though genuine question ?

Nope - the new track and riding with Doyley will be good for him 

Edited by Steve0
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, hagonshocker said:

Sorry to butt in but before we signed Doyley back i felt he did but Jason may literally Kickstart Nicks Swindon career again

14 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Nope - the new track and riding with Doyley will be good for him 

yes I can see what you are saying 

Doesn't really matter if fans think he does or doesn't need a change. It's what Nick thinks that counts! If he wants to ride with other Aussies there will be more of them at Poole ;):D

Young Morra may benefit from a change.

15 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

Young Morra may benefit from a change.

But the new track will be a change of sorts ...

43 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Doesn't really matter if fans think he does or doesn't need a change. It's what Nick thinks that counts! If he wants to ride with other Aussies there will be more of them at Poole ;):D

Yeah true but he Will learn more from Doyle!

But if Nick fancies going im sure you can arrange a Brady swap LCG!

Edited by hagonshocker

Any business would announce a previous World Champion & their rider of the season first if they had any sense as that’s what the fans want & sets the appetite.

1 hour ago, BLACKHEART said:

Morris had a poor season because he was riding in a position he wasn't ready to ride at. Exactly the same with Brady Kurtz. Neither rider is a No.1 at the moment. Far too much pressure on both Aussie boys. Morris will have a great season in 2019 if he returns to Swindon because Doyle will take all the pressure off Nick's shoulders in the big Heats. If Matt Ford can get a reliable No.1 in then the same will happen with Brady Kurtz. I can see both riders ending up with a 8.00 average next season. 

Nothing to do with being #1, the track at Swindon was dreadful last year - Morris came off on his own far too often for a rider of his calibre and it was all down to the condition of the track, he wasn't happy all season and it showed in his performances, body language and he alluded to it during interviews. The rumours of him leaving started in the summer with suggestions he was off to Wolverhampton surfacing in August, no doubt he was vocal about the situation at Swindon regarding the track to staff/management/riders of Wolverhampton and someone has suggested 'come ride for us', given how well he's performed there the last 2 seasons i'm sure that idea appealed and the seeds are planted, however given his attractive 6.60 average, he'll be on every clubs radar and you can bet your bottom dollar Poole have tapped him up during the end of season Play Offs and subsequent trip to Dubai and whilst I know nothing, my money is firmly on him turning out for the boys in Blue. :(

Confirmed that Bellego won’t fit due to the averages. Very unfortunate but hopefully he gets a team elsewhere. This could suggest that Adam & Nick are in our side. 

20 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

Confirmed that Bellego won’t fit due to the averages. Very unfortunate but hopefully he gets a team elsewhere. This could suggest that Adam & Nick are in our side. 

Not unexpected but he did a good job for the team for the last two years - better than anyone anticipated!

i going to throw this out here.... 

Let's assume Nick signs on the proviso of a new track, and he turns up at P & P and the track is still as it is? He's going to feel let down isn't he!

let's hope all is above board with this as i reckon he will return to form with JD back home. Like people have said above, JD taking some pressure off his shoulders.

Bearing in mind Rosco and Morris are like surrogate father and son, if there is any doubt about the track changes then one would think Rosco would be 100% up front with all the riders!!