British Speedway Forum

1 minute ago, stevebrum said:

How can a rider be ‘poached’ if announced as released by parent club?:blink:

Someone earlier said Poole prob poached Morris at Abu Dhabi. I think it is their way of saying he's going to Wolves! 

18 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

How can a rider be ‘poached’ if announced as released by parent club?:blink:

The announcement said that Nick had asked to be released.

http://www.swindon-speedway.com/_mobile/news.php?extend.3193.1

Would he ask that if not already set up with another team, I wonder?

Edited by Grachan

2 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Suppose we are just going to have to play the waiting game :-)

Can imagine most Swindon Fans gutted as know I would be if I was one of them. Whoever gets him on that 6.60 bargain GSA are going to be happy bunnies that's for sure.

At least Swindon have now announced his release together with Bellego

Not gutted just pleased that this means Troy will be retained meaning a very potent one two with Doyley 

• Like 1

Good luck to Dave and Nick. Hopefully can fit Troyboy in now.

31 minutes ago, Grachan said:

The announcement said that Nick had asked to be released.

http://www.swindon-speedway.com/_mobile/news.php?extend.3193.1

Would he ask that if not already set up with another team, I wonder?

I’m sure with the vast majority of the riders they already knew where they were riding at the end of this season.

looks to me that he just wants a change, a shame for Swindon fans with him being on such a bargain average.

23 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I said if last years regs remain

There was nothing in last seasons reg's that stop him riding on a Championship converted average. It only states that if a rider is given a 4 average, he can not drop below 4 during that season. It does not mention following seasons.

4 hours ago, noggin said:

Can see another Miedzinski situation here, bargain average rider doesn't ride for us, goes away ups average, becomes worthless to parent club. 

Joke really as Nick was chosen over Jason last season & then when his average, which he attained riding for us will now benefit another club. Thanks a lot Nick!!

5 hours ago, BLACKHEART said:

Swindon possibly looking at this 1-7 now.

1. Jason Doyle 9.80

2. Zach Wajtknecht 4.37

3. Tobiasz Musielak 6.52

4. Adam Ellis 6.42

5. Troy Batchelor 7.69

6. Dimitri Berge 4.00

7. Stefan Nielsen 3.67

No way are Zach or the 2 reserves you name good enough to ride in the main body of the team.

2 hours ago, stevebrum said:

I’m sure with the vast majority of the riders they already knew where they were riding at the end of this season.

looks to me that he just wants a change, a shame for Swindon fans with him being on such a bargain average.

One things for sure Steve the average Nick had last season would’ve meant him missing out on a team berth if Swindon hadn’t used him.

Poole or Wolves would’ve played hard ball & made him stay on his average but Swindon roll over.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, auntie doris said:

Good luck to Dave and Nick. Hopefully can fit Troyboy in now.

Rather have PK

31 minutes ago, BLACKHEART said:

With Doyle and Musielak signed. More than likely Batchelor and Ellis to follow. Swindon may not have any other choice but to go with a long tail. 

Then don’t sign one of them as the extra point between Nick & Troy’s average is now a real pain.

Sign someone like Jack Holder over Troy & then use the extra point or you just have the same problem as last season.

So a rider we dumped the world champ for and showed more passion riding for the enemy than he did for his own team last season, doesn't want to come back after dropping 2 points off his average. Good riddance I say and I never thought I would be saying that after heat 13 at Wolves in 2017. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, poolebolton said:

Apparently, there is a bit more to why Morris left. A fall out or 2 has occurred. 

I’ve heard fraud is willing to swap J. Holder for Morris.