British Speedway Forum

I remember everyone saying Alpen was a bad signing and look what happened, nah i reckon Lampart will go ok.

Didn't Spanner sign for Poole twice and got sacked twice?

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

We haven't announced our heat leaders yet, 7.69 is very high for Batchelor, good job he is returning to Swindon no one else would take him.

No it's not! With Doyle fronting this side no slacking will be allowed Troy will thrive this season and a plus 8 is easily achievable 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DC2 said:

If so, I’d have Berge and Stefan Nielsen at reserve. Both could add 2 points.

Does make you wonder why we haven't yet officially announced Zach being in Australia shouldn't be an excuse

29 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

Something seriously wrong if Doyle, Batch, Tobe and Adam don't score 40

They could do, but asking a lot all the time imho

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

They could do, but asking a lot all the time imho

Or completely underestimating every other team! 

8 hours ago, foreverblue said:

A very poor signing in my opinion, he wasn't too bad last time but has gone downhill since, probably won't get sacked though as Swindon like keeping the same team all year even if it means them finishing bottom!

What like 2017 when we won the league after a change?.

10 minutes ago, Crazy robin said:

How is it that Dawid hasn’t had a reduction in his average when Spanner got one at Poole last season?.

Your last five words may be partly the explanation! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hagonshocker said:

No it's not! With Doyle fronting this side no slacking will be allowed Troy will thrive this season and a plus 8 is easily achievable 

No can't see that at all 7.5 at best.

39 minutes ago, Crazy robin said:

What like 2017 when we won the league after a change?.

You didn't last year, maybe a lesson learned.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Or completely underestimating every other team! 

Are we not aloud to be confident? Most other teams would be if they’d named the top 4 we have. 

If Poole had named Doyle, Batch, Ellis, Musielak I’m sure we’d be told that there was no point in turning up as the league was already won. 

Edited by hyabb17
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, Crazy robin said:

How is it that Dawid hasn’t had a reduction in his average when Spanner got one at Poole last season?.

Seems he didn't last season. Finished 2012 on 4.93 but rode for Coventry for 6 meetings in 2013 which brought his average down to what Poole got him on last year. There was a lot of confusion when Poole signed him as the last end of season figures he appears in was 2012 even though he rode a little bit of 2013

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

Are we not aloud to be confident? Most other teams would be if they’d named the top 4 we have. 

If Poole had named Doyle, Batch, Ellis, Musielak I’m sure we’d be told that there was no point in turning up as the league was already won. 

Not by me!! Nothing is won on paper. :)

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Not by me!! Nothing is won on paper. :)

That’s fair enough. I’m just pleased with the signing’s we’ve made. Shows that we are willing to spend money (which isn’t always the right way to go)