British Speedway Forum

Great to have James on board and i have to say i am well chuffed with our side for 2019.James / Zach can surprise a few James is a rider who excites with his never say die approach and Zach is a rider i really like it should be an exciting season Doyley also  to push for the WC again.

17 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

James is a great signing for Swindon, did a solid job for Poole and will improve with the Robins under Doyley.

Yeah I thought he improved every time I saw him at Swindon in 2017 so hopefully that carries on in 19. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

James is a great signing for Swindon, did a solid job for Poole and will improve with the Robins under Doyley.

He did but still got the sack good luck james you might be more appreciated at swindon for your efforts

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ray c said:

He did but still got the sack good luck james you might be more appreciated at swindon for your efforts

Adam certainly was.

13 minutes ago, ray c said:

He did get the sack but even you have to admit his replacements were far better.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

He did get the sack but even you have to admit his replacements were far better.

That is not the point he is British and was pushed out, Jackobsen could be decent Nielsen did well but i  am not a fan glad Zach got the nod over him at Swindon in 2019 Shanes was shabbily treated end of.

Edited by Sidney the robin

49 minutes ago, ray c said:

You really have got a bee in your bonnet about this! I think you're more bitter about it than James is, as I'm sure I read somewhere he was expecting it...?

8 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

You really have got a bee in your bonnet about this! I think you're more bitter about it than James is, as I'm sure I read somewhere he was expecting it...?

My opinion 

5 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

He is not bitter about it like myself did not agree with it  then and feels the same now.This is one of the biggest problems we have in British speedway stupid rules no continuity and a win at all costs mentality.Around that period if you look back Ford had a nightmare bringing in the likes of Kennett, Lahti, Starke, Zengota, Worrall, ( ect) switching riders mostly out of desperation.

20 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

He is not bitter about it like myself did not agree with it  then and feels the same now.This is one of the biggest problems we have in British speedway stupid rules no continuity and a win at all costs mentality.Around that period if you look back Ford had a nightmare bringing in the likes of Kennett, Lahti, Starke, Zengota, Worrall, ( ect) switching riders mostly out of desperation.

Just disappointed that james was the scapegoat for other riders who never done there job i dont like the win win mentality either swindon supporters will enjoy james all action style 

31 minutes ago, ray c said:

My opinion 

It might well be, but like Gavan you seem to repeat it 100 times over. 

1 minute ago, ray c said:

Just disappointed that james was the scapegoat for other riders who never done there job i dont like the win win mentality either swindon supporters will enjoy james all action style 

Personally Ray all i want is to be entertained if the team  do well fine that is a added bonus.In recent years the racing at Swindon has been poor hopefully with a different shaped track that might help in that regard.Speedway is an entertainment sometimes people forget that and some fans are prepared to watch dross as long as the team is winning.

7 minutes ago, ray c said:

If you don't like the win win mentality then you are better off supporting someone else! 

1 hour ago, ray c said:

He did get the sack and I didn't agree with it at the time but Stefan turned out to be much better until his unfortunate injury so hard decisions have to be made sometimes and it was the right one. It has nothing to do with not being appreciated.