British Speedway Forum

15 minutes ago, BLACKHEART said:

Lampart, Wajtknecht & Shanes is a very long tail for Premiership Speedway. Weak tail didn't work for Swindon last year. Should make the play-offs due to Doyle's firepower but I wouldn't be shocked if they just missed out again due to the tail end. 

If it does not work then Rosco has to make changes early.  At least this year he has more points to play with. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BLACKHEART said:

Lampart, Wajtknecht & Shanes is a very long tail for Premiership Speedway. Weak tail didn't work for Swindon last year. Should make the play-offs due to Doyle's firepower but I wouldn't be shocked if they just missed out again due to the tail end. 

I disagree

Their tail last season was Bellego, Zach and Smith. I wouldnt expect Lampart to score what Bellego did but i would expect Shanes to be a huge improvement on Smith and Zach is only going to get better.

Factor in the fact Doyle will be better than Morris and you have a very strong side.

Last season roughly points per meeting........Bellego 7, Morris 9, Zach 5 and Smith 1

This season i would say Lampart 5, Doyle 13, Zach 6 and Shanes 3..........I would say the changes Swindon have made from last season will add another 5 points per meeting to their scores................Ellis also could kick on further.........a very very good looking side

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ray c said:

if you don't like what I say don't read it we will leave it at that :cheers:

I have to read it! I don't believe in blocking people as people just quote each other anyway. 

55 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

He certainly doesn't seem supportive of our team. I don't like some of the things we have done over the years but I would rather we had team changes and won than no changes and lose.

Yeah exactly.

40 minutes ago, BLACKHEART said:

The top  four we have i am very happy with alot of teams will have riders of the ability of Zach/ James so we should be fine. Dawid if he can score 4 or 5 points i will be happy a gamble but one worth taking heat 13/15 we are going to be hard to beat.

16 minutes ago, BLACKHEART said:

Highly unlikely as you will soon find out when clubs release signing news. Reserve riders are going to be very competitive in 2019. 

Well those two reserves we have i am more than happy to take over Nielsen ( as an example) who is injury prone.Does this strength in depth really work? i would take the firepower of a few big hitters over the strength in depth theory.As a example Poole Holder and Kurtz both riders i like and rate but they will have to step up. If they dont score twenty plus points between them are Poole going to win many matches.??

Edited by Sidney the robin

2 hours ago, hagonshocker said:

Underperforming is a bit harsh....performing ok considering lack of experience .....

His own words in the interview he did at the time. He admitted he was struggling!!

24 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Well those two reserves we have i am more than happy to take over Nielsen ( as an example) who is injury prone.Does this strength in depth really work? i would take the firepower of a few big hitters over the strength in depth theory.As a example Poole Holder and Kurtz both riders i like and rate but they will have to step up. If they dont score twenty plus points between them are Poole going to win many matches.??

To win the league you normally need at least one decent reserve as they can have the most rides after all! 

• Like 1

Hmmmm strength of reserves? Poole fans are drooling over Covatti who put in some good cameos in the PL this year but who saw his bread and butter CL average drop from 7.49 to 6.56. He’s inconsistent and injury prone. 

It makes more sense to have a 9 point number one and reserves of 5 and 3 (Swindon), than a 7.5 point number one and two 5 point reserves (Poole).

• Like 1

Just now, lisa-colette said:

To win the league you normally need at least one decent reserve as they can have the most rides after all! 

You can have the best reserve in the league but if you have not got the firepower it wont matter.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DC2 said:

Hmmmm strength of reserves? Poole fans are drooling over Covatti who put in some good cameos in the PL this year but who saw his bread and butter CL average drop from 7.49 to 6.56. He’s inconsistent and injury prone. 

It makes more sense to have a 9 point number one and reserves of 5 and 3 (Swindon), than a 7.5 point number one and two 5 point reserves (Poole).

Well both options worked in 2018 - Somerset won the Cup and Poole won the Premiership trophy.

• Thanks 1

Very sweet of a number of individuals who support other clubs to take concern over our reserves ....weak tail? Let's hope our tail slaps a few of you round the face a bit good and hard 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DC2 said:

I'm sure if there was a nine pointer available we would have had one! Wolves and Pboro don't have one and they look good to me! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

You can have the best reserve in the league but if you have not got the firepower it wont matter.

Still need a good reserve to win the league as well as having a good top 5. 

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Still need a good reserve to win the league as well as having a good top 5. 

Alot of teams who have a good top 5 Swindon did last year never have a great no 1 Swindon in 2019 have one the best.

Edited by Sidney the robin