British Speedway Forum

4 minutes ago, hagonshocker said:

Very sweet of a number of individuals who support other clubs to take concern over our reserves ....weak tail? Let's hope our tail slaps a few of you round the face a bit good and hard 

Says the person who wants the Poole team named! I've said Swindon will make the top 3, but I can't remember any league winners having two weaker than other teams reserves! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Alot of teams who have a good top 5 Swindon didc last year never have a great no 1 Swindon this year have one the best.

Well we will have to see how the season pans out, don't forget I've seen plenty of top heavy Poole teams over the years! :D You have to get the lower order EXACTLY right for it to work.

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Says the person who wants the Poole team named! I've said Swindon will make the top 3, but I can't remember any league winners having two weaker than other teams reserves! 

Swindon have to hope Zach performs to his best.

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Our reserves are no mugs the simple fact last year was our top 5 never clicked together on the same day.This year's  team looks different Musielak and Ellis can improve Batch is  a good number 2 and Doyley well he is the best.

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

Swindon have to hope Zach performs to his best.

And add a point on. He may do that, happy to be proved wrong! 

1 minute ago, Sidney the robin said:

Our reserves are no mugs the simple fact last year was our top 5 never clicked together on the same day.This year's  team looks different Musielak and Ellis can improve Batch is  a good number 2 and Doyley well he is the best.

Yep top 4 is pretty good, I think Lampart needs to be another Bellego imo.

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Yep top 4 is pretty good, I think Lampart needs to be another Bellego imo.

He won't be that but can those  three riders get 10 /13 points a meeting between them ?? It will be diffficult Lisa, but i am really confident with this top four at home we will be hard to beat. Zach also when he is at it is very good at home he is capable of putting a point on his average.

1 hour ago, BLACKHEART said:

Having a strong reserve is the key to success as proven by the last few teams who have won the league title..

(Howarth - Wolves 2016)….(BWD & Ellis switching places at 2 and 7 - Swindon 2017)….(Jakobsen & R. Worrall - Poole 2018)

For me Swindon should have left Lampart & Shanes alone and singed Josh Pickering & Stefan Nielsen instead. I know that would mean Wajtktnecht starts the season at No.2 but he will probably end up at No.2 after the first set of GSA's anyway. My suggestion would give Swindon a bit extra at reserve (See teams at the bottom of the post) after the first set of GSA's Zach and Josh would probably swap places which Swindon would benefit from once again with Wajtknecht going back down to reserve and Josh Pickering moving up to partner his fellow Aussie Doyle. I just cant see Lampart doing anything away from home as a No.2 or a reserve. Flaky Pole who will probably bring 2nd rate equipment over who hasn't ridden in the UK for a quite a while is a signing that's far too risky when you are weak at reserve. Swindon have signed him on the back of his results in Poland on his best equipment. Exactly the same as Matt Ford did with Szczepaniak this year. 

1. Doyle, 2. Wajtknecht, 3. Musielak, 4. Ellis, 5. Batchelor, 6. Pickering & 7. Nielsen - Start of the season

1. Doyle, 2. Pickering, 3. Musielak, 4. Ellis, 5. Batchelor, 6. Wajtknecht & 7. Nielsen - After the first set of GSA's

With Pickering you have a real good shout a very promising rider indeed, Nielsen not for me not a fan he is our asset but I don't see the fascination with him.

To be fair with Swindon's top four the team won't need many points from the bottom 3 to be very competitive. Zach has shown a lot of potential and Shanes showed signs of improvement in the Championship last season , the problem for him is that Swindon can be a gater's track and he isn't a gater.  Lampart can be an enigma even in his home country so he is a bit of a unknown but overall a decent team.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

To be fair with Swindon's top four the team won't need many points from the bottom 3 to be very competitive. Zach has shown a lot of potential and Shanes showed signs of improvement in the Championship last season , the problem for him is that Swindon can be a gater's track and he isn't a gater.  Lampart can be an enigma even in his home country so he is a bit of a unknown but overall a decent team.

Old track or the new one ?  Won't the new one be ready for tapes up ? 

27 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

With Pickering you have a real good shout a very promising rider indeed, Nielsen not for me not a fan he is our asset but I don't see the fascination with him.

Nielsen did very well at Poole last season and is still improving, he is currently a better rider than Shanes but we shall have to see who improves the most, if Poole don't get Stefan I am sure he will do well whoever he rides for at Premiership level.

Just now, BluPanther said:

Old track or the new one ?  Won't the new one be ready for tapes up ? 

Good point I meant old one. Will the new one be ready ?

Just now, foreverblue said:

Nielsen did very well at Poole last season and is still improving, he is currently a better rider than Shanes but we shall have to see who improves the most, if Poole don't get Stefan I am sure he will do well whoever he rides for at Premiership level.

The main issue with Stefan is his injury record, he tends to have breaks every season which can have a negative impact on the team especially on a low average, not much else around to support.

10 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yes, you’re right and if we’d had the points available I’d have chosen Stefan, especially as he is an asset, but he is injury prone and their CL averages suggest there may not be a big difference: 5.66 (Stefan) and 5.09 (Shanes)

12 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

The main issue with Stefan is his injury record, he tends to have breaks every season which can have a negative impact on the team especially on a low average, not much else around to support.

His injury record may not be that good but I think that applies to most good young riders , maybe he has just been a bit more unlucky than some.