British Speedway Forum

19 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

They have a good top 4, the bottom 3 has question marks for me. 

Yes it does but its a far more solid team than last year

Morris only getting 7-9 points a meeting will be replaced by Doyle getting 12-14

Smith getting 0-1 a meeting will be replaced by Shanes getting 3-5

Zach will score the same if not better

And if the Pole only gets 4-5 he will only be 3-4 less than Bellego and may be replaced.

Ellis will only get better

This Swindon side looks very strong and wont suffer in heats 13-15 like they did at times last season

Edited by Gavan

2 hours ago, BLACKHEART said:

Swindon 3 points better off. 4 at best.

Swindon finished on 39.71 this year so we need about four points for a title winning team.

Assuming the other four will maintain their collective average:

Doyle should average 9.6, adding 3 points to Morris’ 6.6,

Shanes should average 4, adding 2 points to Jack Smith’s 2, and

Lampart needs to average 5.1, so he drops no more than a point off Bellego’s  6.1.

If that happens we’re looking good.

1 minute ago, BLACKHEART said:

Lampart needs to score 7/8 at home to match Bellego. The rest I agree.

No, he doesn’t need to match Bellego, he needs to average 5, so 6 at home and 4 away would do. He can do that.

I think we'll be OK at home, even if one of Lampart, Wajtknecht or Shanes has an off night we have enough strength to cover them. I think we will struggle away from home as we've signed three riders Musielak, Wajtknecht and Shanes who all scored poorly away from home last year.

Obviously, addressing our woeful home form is a huge step forwards, but I'm not sure if it is playoff material.

Doyley and Batch two of the top away from home last year. Ellis rides well away. Bellegos away form let him down. Looks a very strong line-up for next season.

Roll on the spring.

5 hours ago, ArthurRudge said:

Must admit Swindon looking very good ON PAPER.

Just like the Poole starting 7 from last season :rofl:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MattK said:

I think we'll be OK at home, even if one of Lampart, Wajtknecht or Shanes has an off night we have enough strength to cover them. I think we will struggle away from home as we've signed three riders Musielak, Wajtknecht and Shanes who all scored poorly away from home last year.

Obviously, addressing our woeful home form is a huge step forwards, but I'm not sure if it is playoff material.

Musielak you have made  it quite clear you don't like , for me this guy can improve he took a while to get the Abbey dialled in to but  he got there in the end and at times looked terrific.This year the track might change so will we have a home advantage.?? who knows going by your comments Musielak would not be in your 1/7 REALLY!!!! . Forget his average can he improve and if you replaced him who would you replace him with in a watered down league.?

Edited by Sidney the robin

I really don’t understand why everyone is discounting us....we’ve the best rider in the world at 1, a very good rider as a back up....& then two riders in Tobi & Adam who can merk there averages. 

4 hours ago, hyabb17 said:

I really don’t understand why everyone is discounting us....we’ve the best rider in the world at 1, a very good rider as a back up....& then two riders in Tobi & Adam who can merk there averages. 

Rosco has built some great sides over the years and his record speaks for itself, so for me personally Hyabb17 i am very happy with the side.

10 hours ago, MattK said:

Especially as they are going to have to get used to the new shaped track!

11 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Musielak you have made  it quite clear you don't like , for me this guy can improve he took a while to get the Abbey dialled in to but  he got there in the end and at times looked terrific.This year the track might change so will we have a home advantage.?? who knows going by your comments Musielak would not be in your 1/7 REALLY!!!! . Forget his average can he improve and if you replaced him who would you replace him with in a watered down league.?

It's not that I don't like him, I just feel there are better options available:

screenshot_20181213-0807152

You say he took a while to get dialled in, I say that is a lame excuse  for a rider who had already spent a year with us.

I agree, he was terrific sporadically, but he was woeful in equal measures, especially away from home.

As for his ability to improve, he didn't show that last season when he started on 7.37 and finished on 6.52. You can say "forget averages" but you run the risk of you opinion being swayed by your bias.

22 minutes ago, MattK said:

It's not that I don't like him, I just feel there are better options available:

screenshot_20181213-0807152

You say he took a while to get dialled in, I say that is a lame excuse  for a rider who had already spent a year with us.

I agree, he was terrific sporadically, but he was woeful in equal measures, especially away from home.

As for his ability to improve, he didn't show that last season when he started on 7.37 and finished on 6.52. You can say "forget averages" but you run the risk of you opinion being swayed by your bias.

The list you gave none of them are available are they ? Palm  Toft really??? over Tobi  he is not  yet even a Championship  no1 .Nick wanted a new challenge also his confidence at the Abbey was shot so that is why he moved.Of course Tobi needs to improve away, his performance at King's Lynn shows he is very capable i am more than happy to have him as a third heat leader.

5 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

The list you gave none of them are available are they Palm  Toft really??? over Tobi  he is not  yet even a Championship  no1 .Nick wanted a new challenge also his confidence at the Abbey was shot of course Tobi needs to improve away his performance at King's Lynn shows he is very capable i am more than happy to have him as a third heat leader.

Again, your are letting your perception cloud the evidence. MPT averaged almost a point more than Musielak in his two appearances at Swindon last year, only 0.11 less away all season and is available for 1.16 less which would have given us some valuable points to strengthen the rest of the side.

And all riders are available if you get your chequebook out.

38 minutes ago, MattK said:

Again, your are letting your perception cloud the evidence. MPT averaged almost a point more than Musielak in his two appearances at Swindon last year, only 0.11 less away all season and is available for 1.16 less which would have given us some valuable points to strengthen the rest of the side.

And all riders are available if you get your chequebook out.

So who is the better rider? i make my judgement on what i see everyweek.Palm Toft would be a great second string signing if we could of fitted him in third heat leader material No.Also Matt hopefully???? the track will change a wee bit that might change a few things maybe in our favour .I actually think 6.52 for Musielak is a steal going back to your point about the chequebook a very strange comment. Doyley is not cheap you know money does not grow on trees.