British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, MattK said:

It's not that I don't like him, I just feel there are better options available:

screenshot_20181213-0807152

You say he took a while to get dialled in, I say that is a lame excuse  for a rider who had already spent a year with us.

I agree, he was terrific sporadically, but he was woeful in equal measures, especially away from home.

As for his ability to improve, he didn't show that last season when he started on 7.37 and finished on 6.52. You can say "forget averages" but you run the risk of you opinion being swayed by your bias.

How can you average 6.68 at home and 5.33 away and have an overall average of 6.52? Did he do many more home meetings than away?

5 minutes ago, DC2 said:

How can you average 6.68 at home and 5.33 away and have an overall average of 6.52? Did he do many more home meetings than away?

His home average was 7.87 in 2018, 8.20 including bonus points

Edited by Reliant Robin

6 minutes ago, Reliant Robin said:

Thanks. So, in Matt’s table of riders, Musielak is significantly better than Worrall or MPT, we couldn’t have Morris or Kurtz and we already have Ellis. 

So the superior available riders are????  

Just now, DC2 said:

Thanks. So, in Matt’s table of riders, Musielak is significantly better than Worrall or MPT, we couldn’t have Morris or Kurtz and we already have Ellis. 

So the superior available riders are????  

Correct

I have never even considered a team without Musielak for me he was a shoe in.Batch who did a great job on his average he would of been a doubt but i am  happy to have Troy back.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Reliant Robin said:

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

Who produced those figures. What a klutz. 

36 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

I have never even considered a team without Musielak for me he was a shoe in.Batch who did a great job on his average he would of been a doubt but i am  happy to have Troy back.

Don't get me started on Batchelor.

8 minutes ago, MattK said:

Don't get me started on Batchelor.

Not a fan? or statistics again? :)

Solid 8 point average home and away last year. Dipped a bit at the end when he went to No.1 but won't have that problem in 2019

Edited by Reliant Robin
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Reliant Robin said:

Not a fan? or statistics again? :)

Solid 8 point average home and away last year. Dipped a bit at the end when he went to No.1 but won't have that problem in 2019

Bit of both.

With Doyle in the bag I feel we would have been better off building bottom up, rather than seemingly top down. Batch is a decent rider, but I think we should have saved a bit more for the reserves.

• Like 1

Are Swindon any better than last season ?

admitted that the inclusion of Jason Doyle is a great signing but it also puts a great deal of pressure on the number one position which Jason can deal with, but if he is missing there is very little to cover for him as he is by far the best rider left riding here but the best of the rest will most likely be riding the same night. Last year they struggled at reserve and when Bellego was out the reserves were given three extra rides scoring very little.

they have slightly improved at reserve with Shanes but unless its on grass, there isnt much there to frighten other teams. Lampart makes a sock return but on a 4.58 average is about his limit, so in Doyle and Lampart have they improved much from Morris and Bellego ?

Good looking team at moment but unless Lampart over performs they dont look as strong as they think and can see a change mid season

• Like 1

1 hour ago, T.N.T. said:

Are Swindon any better than last season?

they have slightly improved at reserve with Shanes but unless its on grass, there isnt much there to frighten other teams.

Shanes is 2 points better than Jack Smith (in both the PL and the CL). He's close to Ashley Morris and Stefan Nielsen.

2 hours ago, DC2 said:

Shanes is 2 points better than Jack Smith (in both the PL and the CL). He's close to Ashley Morris and Stefan Nielsen.

James is a cracking little rider but Ashley Morris is only on 3.66 because he had to ride at number two for a time and was averaging near seven for Newcastle at one stage and think Ash has an edge over James who was reserve only and hasnt progressed as well as expected so far, especially when you consider how good he is on grass and longtrack. As for Stefan he never has a long rub anywhere to judge him on but while James is better than Smith, is Doyle (12) and Lampart (5) a great improvement on Bellego (6) and Morris (10) ?

11 minutes ago, T.N.T. said:

James is a cracking little rider but Ashley Morris is only on 3.66 because he had to ride at number two for a time and was averaging near seven for Newcastle at one stage and think Ash has an edge over James who was reserve only and hasnt progressed as well as expected so far, especially when you consider how good he is on grass and longtrack. As for Stefan he never has a long rub anywhere to judge him on but while James is better than Smith, is Doyle (12) and Lampart (5) a great improvement on Bellego (6) and Morris (10) ?

In the CL this year, James was 5.09, Ashley 5.58 and Stefan 5.66.

From memory, Doyle 9.8 and Lampart 4.58 adds up to 14.38, Morris 6.6 and Bellego 6.11 adds up to 12.71. Lampart is as likely as Nick to add a point to his average.

Plus Doyle frequently wins heat 15 home and away while Nick might manage a second and a third.

2 minutes ago, DC2 said:

In the CL this year, James was 5.09, Ashley 5.58 and Stefan 5.66.

From memory, Doyle 9.8 and Lampart 4.58 adds up to 14.38, Morris 6.6 and Bellego 6.11 adds up to 12.71. Lampart is as likely as Nick to add a point to his average.

Plus Doyle frequently wins heat 15 home and away while Nick might manage a second and a third.

Shanes was a reserve, Ash was a second string / heat leader and was 6.7 at one stage but drifted at the end as he was also number two at Wolves.

Doyle is good for 12 possibly 13 most meetings but dont expect too much from Lampart he was hit and miss at Lublin but Morris had a tough year but you only have to look back 12 months and you know he is much better than 6,6 and same could be said of Bellego. For me the three in compared to the three out only offer a slight improvement but if Doyke has an off night or injury you lose the one big strength.