British Speedway Forum

30 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

No

little bit worrying the club should be informing the fans and speedway fans in general :cry:

• Like 1

17 hours ago, geoff58 said:

little bit worrying the club should be informing the fans and speedway fans in general :cry:

This is speedway. We are used to it! LOL

Marking out the new track shape is significant progress by UK speedway standards. It's barely 2019 and if the season doesn't need to begin until May, why worry? I am sure the promotion has it all in hand, even if a burst of severe winter weather should crop up and delay the work. There are so few fixtures to fit in these days, three months to slot in the whole season would be OK.

1 hour ago, waytogo28 said:

Marking out the new track shape is significant progress by UK speedway standards. It's barely 2019 and if the season doesn't need to begin until May, why worry? I am sure the promotion has it all in hand, even if a burst of severe winter weather should crop up and delay the work. There are so few fixtures to fit in these days, three months to slot in the whole season would be OK.

no photo's or footage has been shown anywhere that the new track is marked out ?? they could at least do that for fan's sake also greyhounds still racing there so as long as they are running the track work can't begin also pits have to be moved and old grandstand to come down ?? the club should be getting news out to the fans !!

1 hour ago, waytogo28 said:

21 hours ago, geoff58 said:

Swindon Speedway only rents the track so has no say whatsoever re if and when any work will be done, so the club cannot put out any info apart from they are still waiting for the track owners to say something. 

50 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

Swindon Speedway only rents the track so has no say whatsoever re if and when any work will be done, so the club cannot put out any info apart from they are still waiting for the track owners to say something. 

Surely, the land and stadium owners can just play the long game now, as long as the developers have sold enough houses to satisfy their shareholders for the time being. Is the local council under pressure from Central government to build more homes in the area? - it wouldn't surprise me if that was the case. If the council does pass a requirement for the developer to carry out the work on the stadium ( track included) until further houses can be built, could the landowners & developers then decide to just take their own sweet time and focus their efforts on other projects ( not in Swindon) and hinder the council's hitting their targets? 

Who is going to pay for this work, if it ever starts. There is no benefit for the stadium owners to cough up. They might as well sit tight and wait for the place to fall down.

Worrying about the lack of any progress.  Is the track and pits as they were at the end of last season still?  Is it possible for Swindon to merely carry on as before or does some new work need to be done?

12 minutes ago, coldace said:

Worrying about the lack of any progress.  Is the track and pits as they were at the end of last season still?  Is it possible for Swindon to merely carry on as before or does some new work need to be done?

according to the club the track is marked out to be re-shaped and plans in place for new grandstand and pits to be moved all before april start of season ? very suspect this ? being as tho they had farewell meeting in 2015 ???

8 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

I don't know,it takes Poland 5 months to fit in 14 matches so surely we should have the same amount of time to fit in 28 matches:wink:

11 hours ago, tellboy said:

I don't know,it takes Poland 5 months to fit in 14 matches so surely we should have the same amount of time to fit in 28 matches:wink:

Have feeling you will be riding on same track and that this could be reason N.Morris asked to leave Why would he if new track would be available.

1 hour ago, Wolfie456 said:

Have feeling you will be riding on same track and that this could be reason N.Morris asked to leave Why would he if new track would be available.

????

2 hours ago, Mafiarule said:

I'm sure nick Morris moved to re light his career. Too much pressure in 2018

I was talking about the amount of fixtures here and in Poland,then out of the blue someone brings N.Morris into it.Totally threw me:blink:

I guess Stadia UK were outraged at Swindon Council demanding they stop building new houses until the new stadium is built. They probably thought "How dare the council interfere in our business" and as a result will do nothing to build the new stadium as that may have been the plan from the very beginning?