British Speedway Forum

35 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

well the track is being shortened for that purpose !! because the original plan was for track to be turned 180 degrees to have bends 1/2 on back straight along with pits & greyhound kennels !! seems all they are doing is shortening track obviously a lot more to do cash wise !! houses will be built on existing car park wait & see !! sadly this is all going to end in tears i fear !!

Eventually houses will be built on the car park but not until they have complied with the planning conditions and are then given pp.

31 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

Eventually houses will be built on the car park but not until they have complied with the planning conditions and are then given pp.

it will be given for sure leaving the track surrounded by very close houses and a very old grandstand and a rotten back straight stand and the most disgusting toilets ever seen surely they are a health risk !! this time next season it could be a far worse situation ?? hopefully not ??

4 hours ago, geoff58 said:

it will be given for sure leaving the track surrounded by very close houses and a very old grandstand and a rotten back straight stand and the most disgusting toilets ever seen surely they are a health risk !! this time next season it could be a far worse situation ?? hopefully not ??

It’s funny, those toilets always remind me of Manchester for some reason...????

Well, if we don’t run next season it will give you a bigger chance to win that league title again...hopefully???

11 hours ago, geoff58 said:

well the track is being shortened for that purpose !! because the original plan was for track to be turned 180 degrees to have bends 1/2 on back straight along with pits & greyhound kennels !! seems all they are doing is shortening track obviously a lot more to do cash wise !! houses will be built on existing car park wait & see !! sadly this is all going to end in tears i fear !!

If it does end in tears so be it, no good worrying about it it is out of the supporters hands,  me personally i am just  grateful we still have some speedway to watch in 2019.As time goes on i am more hopeful that the club might still have a future because to be honest i thought it might be over by now all the fans can do is support the club while it is still there.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 6

11 hours ago, theblueboy said:

Well, if we don’t run next season it will give you a bigger chance to win that league title again...hopefully???

grow up you child !!

5 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

grow up you child !!

Are you really a Belle Vue fan, or are you another forum member posing under another name? Why are going on about the stadium like you are? Swindon fans know there are concerns, but we don't need supporters of other tracks coming here and taking the mickey about it, just because they now have their own new track.

I think there's only one person who needs to grow up.

• Like 9

11 hours ago, theblueboy said:

why not come and visit a proper speedway stadium & track :party:with clean toilets :party:that's if you ever venture away :lol:

1 minute ago, Grachan said:

Are you really a Belle Vue fan, or are you another forum member posing under another name? Why are going on about the stadium like you are? Swindon fans know there are concerns, but we don't need supporters of other tracks coming here and taking the mickey about it, just because they now have their own new track.

I think there's only one person who needs to grow up.

find one post where its mickey taking ? there isn't !! we need swindon to continue !! but defo porkies being told the fans !!! 

Just now, geoff58 said:

find one post where its mickey taking ? there isn't !! we need swindon to continue !! but defo porkies being told the fans !!! 

By the stadium owner, not by the speedway promotion who are guilty of nothing other than, perhaps, being a big naïve in believing everything they are being told.

It's good to, at least, see something happening there, but it seems it's the club that are doing it rather than the owners.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Reliant Robin said:

I don't recall season tickets ever being advertised on the back of a new stadium being in place. Lots of fictional facts being thrown about at the moment, so perhaps I missed this originally

Well ok the wording was slightly different but the meaning was the same.....  

British Speedway : Elite League Last Updated: Nov 18th, 2015 - 10:41:14

Swindon Speedway: 2016 season tickets on sale,
By Admin
Nov 18, 2015, 10:42

Email this article
 Printer friendly page

Swindon have unveiled their season ticket details ahead of the 2016 season.

The Robins are gearing up for an exciting year as they move to their new state-of-the-art stadium – and fans can now ensure they will be part of it.

The club have unveiled special prices for supporters who purchase before the end of the year. Season tickets purchased prior to 31/12/2015 are priced at £210 for adults and £160 for senior citizens and students with a programme included at each home meeting, whilst season tickets for children aged 12-16 cost just £25!

In 2016, prices will rise to £225 for adults, £170 for concessions and £30 for children.

Season tickets will be valid for all 14 regular Elite League home fixtures whilst holders will receive rain-off text alerts for both home and away meetings and 10% off tickets for the End of Season Dinner and Dance.
Supporters can buy their season tickets online using the secure PayPal system on the club’s online store.

For those that prefer, postal applications are also accepted after downloading an application form.

Full details available from www.swindonrobins.co/ticketoffice.php
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, foamfence said:

Well ok the wording was slightly different but the meaning was the same.....  

British Speedway : Elite League Last Updated: Nov 18th, 2015 - 10:41:14

Swindon Speedway: 2016 season tickets on sale,
By Admin
Nov 18, 2015, 10:42

Email this article
 Printer friendly page

Swindon have unveiled their season ticket details ahead of the 2016 season.

The Robins are gearing up for an exciting year as they move to their new state-of-the-art stadium – and fans can now ensure they will be part of it.

The club have unveiled special prices for supporters who purchase before the end of the year. Season tickets purchased prior to 31/12/2015 are priced at £210 for adults and £160 for senior citizens and students with a programme included at each home meeting, whilst season tickets for children aged 12-16 cost just £25!

In 2016, prices will rise to £225 for adults, £170 for concessions and £30 for children.

Season tickets will be valid for all 14 regular Elite League home fixtures whilst holders will receive rain-off text alerts for both home and away meetings and 10% off tickets for the End of Season Dinner and Dance.
Supporters can buy their season tickets online using the secure PayPal system on the club’s online store.

For those that prefer, postal applications are also accepted after downloading an application form.

Full details available from www.swindonrobins.co/ticketoffice.php

My personal take on that is that it is a bit different from actively selling season tickets and advertising "You'll be able to watch the second half of the season from the new grandstand" as you had originally said.

I believe assurances were being given by Stadia UK a way into the 2016 season that work would be complete by July. This obviously proved false and we are where we are.

Most Swindon fans have been following this saga since 2008 when original plans were outlined without a Speedway track included in them. We're 11 years on, 2 league titles on and still racing, with track alterations now taking place as is part of the revised plans.

We're all well aware of our Landlords track record (no pun intended), but can at least see our Promotion are sticking to what they have said they would do. 

Edited by Reliant Robin
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Reliant Robin said:

My personal take on that is that it is a bit different from actively selling season tickets and advertising "You'll be able to watch the second half of the season from the new grandstand" as you had originally said.

I believe assurances were being given by Stadia UK a way into the 2016 season that work would be complete by July. This obviously proved false and we are where we are.

Most Swindon fans have been following this saga since 2008 when original plans were outlined without a Speedway track included in them. We're 11 years on, 2 league titles on and still racing, with track alterations now taking place as is part of the revised plans.

Yes but apart from the wording I wasn't wrong, it does say that "fans can now ensure they will be part of it." 

1 minute ago, foamfence said:

Yes but apart from the wording I wasn't wrong, it does say that "fans can now ensure they will be part of it." 

The wording is quite a big part when quoting

6 minutes ago, Reliant Robin said:

The wording is quite a big part when quoting

Presumably that applies to Swindon Speedway, as well as myself.

On 3/19/2019 at 10:17 AM, geoff58 said:

grow up you child !!

Oh the irony from the Starman of Manchester.......

• Like 2
  • Haha 2