British Speedway Forum

3 minutes ago, hagonshocker said:

Oh the irony from the Starman of Manchester.......

and you are ???????????? #pathetic 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, A ORLOV said:

Meeting against BV on this thurs 11th has been postponed.

http://swindon-speedway.com/news.php?extend.3222

so insistent lee kilby said it would be on !!! fans saying otherwise who's right ?? again fans not being respected !!

• Like 2

Or a shambles of a meeting in front of a small crowd. Who do they think is going to pay after all these years of bu------ and moving on how many meetings till it closes for good?

• Like 1

Considering the ups and downs re the stadium and latterly the new track, it is no surprise.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BuxtonTiger said:

Or a shambles of a meeting in front of a small crowd. Who do they think is going to pay after all these years of bu------ and moving on how many meetings till it closes for good?

Less than 20.

12 hours ago, thecoombdog said:

Much better to delay a week than run a shambles of a meeting in front of a big crowd.

Suspect the crowd will be much bigger a week later on the the Thursday of the bank holiday weekend. If it goes pear shaped expect some very ugly scenes or a much smaller than predicted crowd as every man and his dog(if they are allowed in) knows its going to be a balls up.

14 hours ago, geoff58 said:

so insistent lee kilby said it would be on !!! fans saying otherwise who's right ?? again fans not being respected !!

I note you are a Belle Vue fan....surely after your clubs opening debacle you would see the sense behind the postponement. I would rather they allowed the extra week to get it right then turn up Thursday & the track isn't ready. I think the club has taken the correct decision.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

I note you are a Belle Vue fan....surely after your clubs opening debacle you would see the sense behind the postponement. I would rather they allowed the extra week to get it right then turn up Thursday & the track isn't ready. I think the club has taken the correct decision.

to be fair, Swindon have had all winter to re-jig two corners, whilst Manchester CIty Council and their sub-contractors had a winter to build a complete stadium, lay a whole rack, bend 3/4 the last parts as machinery moved out of the stadium. Add to that, the rest of the track was race-able on that first night, just bend3/4 that the MCC sub-contractors messed up.

5 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

to be fair, Swindon have had all winter to re-jig two corners, whilst Manchester CIty Council and their sub-contractors had a winter to build a complete stadium, lay a whole rack, bend 3/4 the last parts as machinery moved out of the stadium. Add to that, the rest of the track was race-able on that first night, just bend3/4 that the MCC sub-contractors messed up.

Irrespective of the above, Belle Vue knew that the track wasn't ready & still tried to run the meeting. Swindon have obviously looked at this & decided that it's not worth the risk.

That's where you are wrong. I believe that we were only allowed to start the track a few weeks ago, don't forget we have Stadia UK who have to grant permission for us to make amendments, work in the afternoon's etc.

Edited by hyabb17
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Weird how it seems to be mainly Belle Vue fans criticising Swindon.

At least Swindon have been honest to supporters and said that the track isn't ready rather than taking the fans' money and making them stand around for hours.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1