British Speedway Forum

For every instance where the neigh sayers turn out to be correct about something going wrong there’s at least another two,three or four where things were fine, it’s just people like to be negative on social media. 

Its funny how in ALL those cases when it’s fine they keep their heads down yet on the few occasions it goes their way, you can’t shut them up. 

Tools. 

1 hour ago, Aces51 said:

After successful testing Gordon and Morton believed that  the problem had been solved. 

There was no  successful testing and Gordon and Morton did not believed that the problem had been solved ...you  only have to look at what happened about the hose pipe to understand how  honest they are ..it's no wonder they were kick out of the sport in the end .

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Nothing to do with the BSPA. Messrs Gordon and Morton knew there was a problem with  bends 3/4. SCB manager Graham Reeve i understand had to rush to Manchester on the night before the meeting because of the seriousness of the problem.

so who gives the licence to operate then ???????????????????????????????????????

15 minutes ago, orion said:

There was no  successful testing and Gordon and Morton did not believed that the problem had been solved ...you  only have to look at what happened about the hose pipe to understand how  honest they are ..it's no wonder they were kick out of the sport in the end .

:rofl::nono:

15 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

so who gives the licence to operate then ???????????????????????????????????????

You obviously know nothing about British Speedway. It’s the Speedway control bureau(SCB for short). I suggest you visit their website and learn something about what they do. For anyone to suggest that all they do is rubber stamp willy nilly also knows nothing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

You obviously know nothing about British Speedway. It’s the Speedway control bureau(SCB for short). I suggest you visit their website and learn something about what they do. For anyone to suggest that all they do is rubber stamp willy nilly also knows nothing.

so morton & gordon just went ahead and said we don't care about riders safety eh :rofl: know more than you think :t:

Just now, geoff58 said:

so morton & gordon just went ahead and said we don't care about riders safety eh :rofl: know more than you think :t:

Of course not .whoever heard of  a promoter putting there  bank  balance   first over rider safely .its already been pointed out on here on  how little you understand how the  sport runs .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

Believe it not they were skint and desperately needed that meeting on at all costs !!!!!

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Believe it not they were skint and desperately needed that meeting on at all costs !!!!!

They were skint there is no doubt, but to suggest they would go ahead at any cost is quite a ridiculous comment to make, especially coming from such a seasoned poster on these boards.

I can go into some detail that would categorically prove that statement wrong but it's not the place, and it's been done already a million times.

Edited by acef
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, orion said:

They were kicked out because a certain individual in the Norfolk area wanted his paws on the whole project.

I'm not naming names, but I'm sure you are clever enough to figure it out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, acef said:

They were kicked out because a certain individual in the Norfolk area wanted his paws on the whole project. .

I'm not naming names, but I'm sure you are clever enough to figure it out.

No offence but when you  dont pay your rent you likely to be kick out of your house .i am sure you clever enough to work that out  .Morton and Gordon had a awful business plan that was always going to end in failure  so it's matters not who wanted there hands on it .

9 minutes ago, orion said:

No offence but when you  dont pay your rent you likely to be kick out of your house .i am sure you clever enough to work that out  .Morton and Gordon had a awful business plan that was always going to end in failure  so it's matters not who wanted there hands on it .

It ended with the greatest speedway track on planet earth.

I've seen the business plan, and it's no different to the one currently in operation. The club are running at a loss, like every other track in the United Kingdom.

They failed to pay the rent because the rent was extortionate.

What they did was get themselves into an absolute mess trying to build one of the greatest tracks we will ever see and save the most iconic, and the most historic speedway team in this sport. They made some poor choices mostly through lack of knowledge but there intentions were always clear, and always well intended.

They've been vilified, and burned with their names painted by people very much like yourself who know absolutely nothing about the situation. With greatest respect to you, you are not qualified to hold such an opinion.

Whilst all this was going on a certain little someone was laughing away in the background after orchestrating the entire thing, trying to get his grubby mitts on it. 

Absolutely appaling.

Edited by acef
  • Like 1

You do realise that muppet is just on a one man wind up. Everyone knows the story by now. Just block the sado. 

Looking forward to seeing the new track, any idea if the re staging will be soon?

Well done Swindon for doing their best to avoid a farce akin to Belle Vue's stadium opening.. 

All very sensible.. :t:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, acef said:

With greatest respect to you, you are not qualified to hold such an opinion.

Hmmm!  Anyone who starts a sentence “with greatest respect” usually means the opposite.  Also, you don’t need any qualifications to hold an opinion and no matter how much you disagree, they are entitled to their opinion whether it is based on facts or otherwise.

#justsaying