British Speedway Forum

The last few pages have become boring with the usual Belle Vue excusers trying to dominate the sad events of a few years ago.

Be nice to keep this positive about the future of a venue trying to upgrade its facilities with just the track at the moment a topic of discussion. I’m sure lessons will have been learned by ALL about the way things were handled at the NSS some years ago.

Getting the track right is the only important thing before any fixtures take place.

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

Believe it not they were skint and desperately needed that meeting on at all costs !!!!!

yeah you have access to there bank accounts don't you :rofl:

1 hour ago, orion said:

Of course not .whoever heard of  a promoter putting there  bank  balance   first over rider safely .its already been pointed out on here on  how little you understand how the  sport runs .

oh right and you are ?????????????????????????? #no/one 

54 minutes ago, acef said:

It ended with the greatest speedway track on planet earth.

I've seen the business plan, and it's no different to the one currently in operation. The club are running at a loss, like every other track in the United Kingdom.

They failed to pay the rent because the rent was extortionate.

What they did was get themselves into an absolute mess trying to build one of the greatest tracks we will ever see and save the most iconic, and the most historic speedway team in this sport. They made some poor choices mostly through lack of knowledge but there intentions were always clear, and always well intended.

They've been vilified, and burned with their names painted by people very much like yourself who know absolutely nothing about the situation. With greatest respect to you, you are not qualified to hold such an opinion.

Whilst all this was going on a certain little someone was laughing away in the background after orchestrating the entire thing, trying to get his grubby mitts on it. 

Absolutely appaling.

correct manchester council seen through that poision dwarf !!

1 hour ago, Steve0 said:

Hmmm!  Anyone who starts a sentence “with greatest respect” usually means the opposite.  Also, you don’t need any qualifications to hold an opinion and no matter how much you disagree, they are entitled to their opinion whether it is based on facts or otherwise.

#justsaying

I absolutely mean it. And of course he can have his opinion, I never said he couldnt

Edited by acef

Has anyone seen anything around town actually advertising the start of the season?

I notice there was over 13,000 at Swindon Town tonight for the England Women's friendly. Just 10% of those coming to the speedway would comfortably double our average crowd.

2 hours ago, MattK said:

Has anyone seen anything around town actually advertising the start of the season?

I notice there was over 13,000 at Swindon Town tonight for the England Women's friendly. Just 10% of those coming to the speedway would comfortably double our average crowd.

They might have sold 13k tickets, wasn't 13k in attendance though!

5 hours ago, acef said:

It ended with the greatest speedway track on planet earth.

I've seen the business plan, and it's no different to the one currently in operation. The club are running at a loss, like every other track in the United Kingdom.

They failed to pay the rent because the rent was extortionate.

What they did was get themselves into an absolute mess trying to build one of the greatest tracks we will ever see and save the most iconic, and the most historic speedway team in this sport. They made some poor choices mostly through lack of knowledge but there intentions were always clear, and always well intended.

They've been vilified, and burned with their names painted by people very much like yourself who know absolutely nothing about the situation. With greatest respect to you, you are not qualified to hold such an opinion.

Whilst all this was going on a certain little someone was laughing away in the background after orchestrating the entire thing, trying to get his grubby mitts on it. 

Absolutely appaling.

First of all its a good track but it's hardly the best ever ..it's good racing but  hardly any skill is needed so you need to steady down ,I would hardly say taking in gate money and not paying bills  well intended in fact  a lot people would  say it's almost stealing .

Not sure what makes your opinion more valid than the next person and trust me I know plenty about  what went on to quailed to hold such  an opinion ..the bottom line is no matter how you dress it up they  have kick out of the sport because they never paid there bills because there business plan was hopeless .and doomed to fail .

Edited by orion

10 hours ago, MattK said:

They wouldn't go, if they have to bring their own seat and have to use back straight bogs! Never seen that many at the County Ground for ages. Some fine camera shots of the famous Magic Roundabout.

This women’s football is poor imo. Many won’t agree but the standard is not good. About 3 or 4 divisions below league 2 at best. Can’t understand the appeal. Now, if they played in high heel and skimpy bikinis............:D

12 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

This women’s football is poor imo. Many won’t agree but the standard is not good. About 3 or 4 divisions below league 2 at best. Can’t understand the appeal. Now, if they played in high heel and skimpy bikinis............:D

Forbidden thoughts nowadays ( but delicious nevertheless ) we are allowed to look up to women only for their talents and abilities. No other reason is permitted it seems. Read Proverbs 31 to see a view of womanhood.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Whilst I agree to a point, women's football is growing bigger and bigger with good crowds and sponsorship. It's another thing Speedway has a challenge with.

More and more every year are watching woman's football in comfortable stadium facilities. British Speedway stadia every year continues to crumble at the hands of greedy landlords.

I would not be surprised in 20 years woman's top league and International football are regularly played out in front of tens of thousands and Speedway, what remains of it, a few 100.

Woman's (manly) sports are rapidly on the up.

9 hours ago, orion said:

First of all its a good track but it's hardly the best ever ..it's good racing but  hardly any skill is needed so you need to steady down ,I would hardly say taking in gate money and not paying bills  well intended in fact  a lot people would  say it's almost stealing .

Not sure what makes your opinion more valid than the next person and trust me I know plenty about  what went on to quailed to hold such  an opinion ..the bottom line is no matter how you dress it up they  have kick out of the sport because they never paid there bills because there business plan was hopeless .and doomed to fail .

I see what ouch is saying now.

Its goodbye from me, your not worth the time.

48 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

I would not be surprised in 20 years woman's top league and International football are regularly played out in front of tens of thousands and Speedway, what remains of it, a few 100.

I can't see any professional speedway running in the UK in 20 years time. Possibly semi-pro but more likely another defunct  UK sport. With a fanbase now so low there is nowhere it can go other than down.