British Speedway Forum

Just now, Bunce said:

Thanks Sir Sidney, I'll take your advice.  My past experiences of Swindon in the 1970's involved lots of rain! Two meetings I went to were rained off, and the third abandoned half way through with a waterlogged track. Hopefully I'll be luckier if I try again.

Good luck. I quite liked the remodelled track. The racing improved as the meeting progressed, with some excellent heats

If you want to sit down don't forget to take a seat in with you.

Enjoy your night

49 minutes ago, Sir Sidney said:

Good luck. I quite liked the remodelled track. The racing improved as the meeting progressed, with some excellent heats

If you want to sit down don't forget to take a seat in with you.

Enjoy your night

Thanks again. So no "Royal Box" to sit in like Saddlebow Rd?   I'll take a couple of seats!

Check out Swindon’s YouTube Channel...two races from the Poole match & two from Monday....heat 12 against Ipswich was worth the admission alone!!! Suggest any speedway fan takes a look!

Good vibes around the Abbey at the moment. 2 good size crowds, some good racing on the new track, good results, and with Lee Kilby coming in as co-promotor much better communication with the fans. Even some people that havent been for years are interested again.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, auntie doris said:

Good vibes around the Abbey at the moment. 2 good size crowds, some good racing on the new track, good results, and with Lee Kilby coming in as co-promotor much better communication with the fans. Even some people that havent been for years are interested again.

Couldn't agree more. 2 big crowds, a decent track at last and also a good team with a proper number 1. Haven't had this much enthusiasm for speedway in years and know my mates feel the same. Lee Kilby is doing a great job as well. Who cares about a new stadium. As long as we are in the old one and have speedway then that's all that matters.

• Like 6

14 hours ago, hyabb17 said:

Check out Swindon’s YouTube Channel...two races from the Poole match & two from Monday....heat 12 against Ipswich was worth the admission alone!!! Suggest any speedway fan takes a look!

Swindon's You tube channel

like hyabb17 said above, check it out.

Looks to me like they have done a great job with the reshaping

Will only improve further as the surface settles down

Lets hope there is a stadium for it to be in for many years to come

• Like 3

Are there even any options if Rosco decides to bring in someone for James.

Edited by ZagarRacing

3 hours ago, ZagarRacing said:

A rider of a similar standard yes. Another to try get sacked.

23 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

A rider of a similar standard yes. Another to try get sacked.

He's off Zach now he got 6 last night.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, ZagarRacing said:

Providing averages haven't been skewed Bacon for Shanes would be a good call, he showed he could be competitive in the top flight before he got injured last season and has been on the rise year on year. His record of winning heat 1 in the Champs this year shows he is very capable of beating the standard of rider he will be up against. 

Bacon last year probably was the most improved rider in the Country he had a great year.Really impressed on his visit to the Abbey last year and is a very decent gater.Brennan also who i would love Swindon to have an option on him in the future he was impressive unfortunately he wont do three leagues.My take is i would like Alun to stick with James as long as possible  and let him ride through this tough time for how long who knows.?

Does Bacon have a Premiership average as his 2019 Peterborough average is 4.78 and Shanes is 3.15, therefore I don't think he fits?

4 minutes ago, MattK said:

Does Bacon have a Premiership average as his 2019 Peterborough average is 4.78 and Shanes is 3.15, therefore I don't think he fits?

Also Matt because of a average rule was Drew Kemp stopped riding Prem as well  this year.? Would Bacon maybe  get a reduction  because he is a Brit.?