British Speedway Forum

57 minutes ago, DC2 said:

He was on a lower PL average than Zach at the start of the season!

I’d be surprised if he was being considered to replace Zach. Won’t fit for Shanes tho surely?

I think Shanes deserves some time to get over his current injury, learn the new track and settle in at Swindon, no way should he be even considered for dropping until he has had a few months at 7 for the Robins and time to settle. The guy is a 100% trier and a racer to boot, I for one hope he comes good in time and think there is a decent chance he will. No need to panic.

Too many would be managers with no real idea what goes on in the world of speedway giving their hair brained opinions.

Edited by 65Sarge

1 hour ago, stevebrum said:

Nielsen for Bellego likely, not for Shanes. Average too high.

Except Bellego rides for Ipswich :wink:

13 hours ago, Steve0 said:

Except Bellego rides for Ipswich :wink:

Oops! Still think of him as a Swindon rider tho!

3 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Oops! Still think of him as a Swindon rider tho!

Surely you’re thinking of Nick Morris?  :)

13 hours ago, 65Sarge said:

I think Shanes deserves some time to get over his current injury, learn the new track and settle in at Swindon, no way should he be even considered for dropping until he has had a few months at 7 for the Robins and time to settle. The guy is a 100% trier and a racer to boot, I for one hope he comes good in time and think there is a decent chance he will. No need to panic.

Too many would be managers with no real idea what goes on in the world of speedway giving their hair brained opinions.

What is the current injury James is carrying? Not seen any news of that anywhere. My bigger fear with Shanes as you stated is that he is a racer and is at a track where racing can be an asset and yet points are still not coming. What he is not is a gater or a rider who can carry good speed around a bend. In comparison as a strong gater Tom Bacon has beaten Steve Worrall, Scott Nicholls & Josh Auty already this season along with regularly bettering MPT in heat 1's.

No particular skin off my nose what the Robins choose to do this season however my hair brained opinion is no less valid than yours. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

What is the current injury James is carrying? Not seen any news of that anywhere. My bigger fear with Shanes as you stated is that he is a racer and is at a track where racing can be an asset and yet points are still not coming. What he is not is a gater or a rider who can carry good speed around a bend. In comparison as a strong gater Tom Bacon has beaten Steve Worrall, Scott Nicholls & Josh Auty already this season along with regularly bettering MPT in heat 1's.

No particular skin off my nose what the Robins choose to do this season however my hair brained opinion is no less valid than yours. 

He's damaged ligaments on one thumb & has difficulty gripping.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, robins les said:

He's damaged ligaments on one thumb & has difficulty gripping.

Thanks difficult level of injury as clearly not preventing him riding or being safe to do so but by accounts given hampering his ability to be competitive in the top flight.

4 hours ago, DC2 said:

Surely you’re thinking of Nick Morris?  :)

He is doing a good impression of the invisible man at the moment!

• Like 1

It may come to some people’s notice that James is only a reserve in a CL team of low averaged riders at Birmingham.

Quite what people expect of the lad in the PL is nonsense.

1 hour ago, GWC said:

It may come to some people’s notice that James is only a reserve in a CL team of low averaged riders at Birmingham.

Quite what people expect of the lad in the PL is nonsense.

James has proved that is is a very talented motorcyclist, what he lacks is a proven "Speedway" mentor to fine tune his riding technique.   

• Like 2

If Jason is going to be out for a long spell, couldn't we sign Craig Cook as 28 day injury replacement. It would be better than scratching around for replacements caused by most PL riders riding on the same nights now. However, I do wish Jason a speedy recovery, he is irreplaceable.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Crazy robin said:

Craig Cook in for Doyle’s then & I guess it’s a 28 day replacement.

Confirmation?  If true then CFS will be very happy!!  Although I doubt Rosco will be too pleased at having another rider who can';t keep still at the starts?!

Edited by Skidder1

31 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Confirmation?  If true then CFS will be very happy!!  Although I doubt Rosco will be too pleased at having another rider who can';t keep still at the starts?!

Must admit when I first read the news I’d assumed he was guesting not temporary replacement.