British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, stevebrum said:

Must admit when I first read the news I’d assumed he was guesting not temporary replacement.

I'm assuming he's guesting and available until Doyle's back. Doesn't have to be a 28 day replacement (meaning Doyle would have to sit out for those 28 days even if he's fit) and a better option than scratching about for a guest each time

I'm not sure a Championship guest should be allowed but these days I guess anything goes.

13 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

I'm not sure a Championship guest should be allowed but these days I guess anything goes.

Pretty clear from this that it is:

18.10.3 The Guest must be in a current Team Declaration and have an MA that is the same or lower than that of the absent rider. If a rider has an established MA in both Premiership and Championship leagues the MA for the league for which the rider is guesting, will be used. If the rider does not have an established MA in that particular league then the conversion factor of 1.5 will apply.

7 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Pretty clear from this that it is:

18.10.3 The Guest must be in a current Team Declaration and have an MA that is the same or lower than that of the absent rider. If a rider has an established MA in both Premiership and Championship leagues the MA for the league for which the rider is guesting, will be used. If the rider does not have an established MA in that particular league then the conversion factor of 1.5 will apply.

But cook does not have a current pl avg and if now joins a club it would be converted from his championship club ie Ellis to Birmingham ( in reverse I know) , surely that should apply re guests as well

Edited by brewer

16 minutes ago, brewer said:

But cook does not have a current pl avg and if now joins a club it would be converted from his championship club ie Ellis to Birmingham ( in reverse I know) , surely that should apply re guests as well

Cook has a CL ave of 10.51.

Divide that by 1.5 you get 7.00.

Even if he had a CL average of 12.00 he'd still fit.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Confirmation?  If true then CFS will be very happy!!  Although I doubt Rosco will be too pleased at having another rider who can';t keep still at the starts?!

CFS and cook dont have a sponsorship together now 

38 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

CFS and cook dont have a sponsorship together now 

Only because he hasn't got a SGBP team place (yet?)

3 hours ago, SPEEDY69 said:

?

Lower league guests have always been permitted at the appropriate conversion rate.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Only because he hasn't got a SGBP team place (yet?)

Nope. He lost it before all that kicked off, so I heard anyway

Edited by Phil The Ace
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Reliant Robin said:

I'm assuming he's guesting and available until Doyle's back. Doesn't have to be a 28 day replacement (meaning Doyle would have to sit out for those 28 days even if he's fit) and a better option than scratching about for a guest each time

Did I read that Doyle rode in Sweden tonight? Can’t believe it if true!

2 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

?

Lower league guests have always been permitted at the appropriate conversion rate.

I realise that, but years ago riders didn't ride in both leagues as they do now.  My point was not was it within the rules but that I don't think it should be.  Cook is really a Premiership rider, riding in a lower league and cleaning up. In my view that quality of rider should not be in the lower division. 

29 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

No, he didn't 

1 hour ago, stevebrum said:

ah i think there is a slight confusion here .

Elit speedway sverge  had a free trial today to watch any Swedish speedway meeting you like. 

Obviously all the commentary was in Swedish which most British fans watching would not understand so you would not know who the r/r was for doyle as the bikes and kevlars are uniformed . The problem was though that for some reason all the graphics and name inputs kept saying Jason Doyle and was never swapped for the rider who was taking the r/r.

So in summary as many may not know as there is no visual difference /Foreign commentary /All the graphics saying Jason Doyle you probably would assume he was riding.

Svemo live scores even starting filling out points for Jason Doyle for some reason also and wasn't corrected till mid meeting . So if you checked the live scores you would of also assumed Doyle had rode tonight.

Edited by ProudtobeaBrummie

10 hours ago, SPEEDY69 said:

I realise that, but years ago riders didn't ride in both leagues as they do now.  My point was not was it within the rules but that I don't think it should be.  Cook is really a Premiership rider, riding in a lower league and cleaning up. In my view that quality of rider should not be in the lower division. 

The Premier league is not a cakewalk for a rider to clean up, it is just that Cook is so good at that level.You are right he should be in the higher league and hopefully soon he will get fixed up i look forward to watching Craig ride tomorrow.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

ah i think there is a slight confusion here .

Elit speedway sverge  had a free trial today to watch any Swedish speedway meeting you like. 

Obviously all the commentary was in Swedish which most British fans watching would not understand so you would not know who the r/r was for doyle as the bikes and kevlars are uniformed . The problem was though that for some reason all the graphics and name inputs kept saying Jason Doyle and was never swapped for the rider who was taking the r/r.

So in summary as many may not know as there is no visual difference /Foreign commentary /All the graphics saying Jason Doyle you probably would assume he was riding.

Svemo live scores even starting filling out points for Jason Doyle for some reason also and wasn't corrected till mid meeting . So if you checked the live scores you would of also assumed Doyle had rode tonight.

To be honest I didn’t look as just saw somebody posting he was riding in Sweden. Would have been insane if he was!