British Speedway Forum

On 4/25/2019 at 1:39 PM, Bunce said:

Thanks Sir Sidney, I'll take your advice.  My past experiences of Swindon in the 1970's involved lots of rain! Two meetings I went to were rained off, and the third abandoned half way through with a waterlogged track. Hopefully I'll be luckier if I try again.

Just replying to my own post. Guess what, I was planning to go to the Swindon v Kings Lynn match last week whilst staying in the Cotswolds.....and it was rained off!  Words fail me. Thats my fourth attempt over the years, and every time it rains.

I find it strange that in all 3 of Rosco’s title winning teams they have had at least one strong reserve With Peterborough making the changes they have I think we will struggle to make the play offs carrying 2 reserves.

12 minutes ago, Crazy robin said:

I find it strange that in all 3 of Rosco’s title winning teams they have had at least one strong reserve With Peterborough making the changes they have I think we will struggle to make the play offs carrying 2 reserves.

This two point rule is a killer Crazy  how can we make a change at reserve?.I  believe we will make the playoffs but we need the reserves chipping in  have you any suggestions Crazy for a two pointer who could improve us.!!

Stefan Nielsen and Kemp or Ayres?

3 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Stefan Nielsen and Kemp or Ayres?

Kemp is worth trying by any team. The kid is dynamite. Doubt Ippo will use him this season so definitely worth a shot.

We have all had a laugh at Poole's team and the general consensus from most is that it isn't the best. Yet they have drawn away at BV and won at KL where we have lost. I hate to be even suggesting changes but until we start getting 5 or 6 points from the reserves we are just an average team. The top end power is being negated by getting battered at reserve in every meeting. I'm no average expert but surely if we don't act soon then the top 5's averages will go up and the reserves averages will go down which will make them impossible to replace. i think the double header on Monday could be a double defeat with no Tobi.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Kemp is worth trying by any team. The kid is dynamite. Doubt Ippo will use him this season so definitely worth a shot.

He wont do three league's love to see it happen though .

7 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

We have all had a laugh at Poole's team and the general consensus from most is that it isn't the best. Yet they have drawn away at BV and won at KL where we have lost. I hate to be even suggesting changes but until we start getting 5 or 6 points from the reserves we are just an average team. The top end power is being negated by getting battered at reserve in every meeting. I'm no average expert but surely if we don't act soon then the top 5's averages will go up and the reserves averages will go down which will make them impossible to replace. i think the double header on Monday could be a double defeat with no Tobi.

I am not so down coombdog with no Tobi i was not expecting anything at Belle Vue.Very disappointed we didnt get a point we probably deserved it.We have to aim to keep it close at Poole and beat them at home alot depends on Tobi really we shall see.Adam this year again has stepped up and we need to hang on in there and hope the reserves improve, how long will Rosco wait who knows.From what i have seen James gating  is not good anough for this level he races hard but often has to much to make up fingers crossed he can improve.

14 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

He wont do three league's love to see it happen though .

Has he said he won’t then? I remember reading something in the winter about not rushing into all 3 leagues just yet until he is ready. I’d love to see him at Wolves too.

5 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Has he said he won’t then? I remember reading something in the winter about not rushing into all 3 leagues just yet until he is ready. I’d love to see him at Wolves too.

Is he allowed to do all 3 leagues? had a feeling id seen that he couldn't so if he signed for a Prem side he would have to step down at Kent?

48 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

This two point rule is a killer Crazy  how can we make a change at reserve?.I  believe we will make the playoffs but we need the reserves chipping in  have you any suggestions Crazy for a two pointer who could improve us.!!

I wouldn’t have started with them at reserve & sadly would’ve had to lose one of the top 4 which would’ve been Troy for me as that would’ve given us a much more solid team throughout. At this stage like you say it’s impossible to change it. The way to go now is the way most teams have done with 4-7 pointers throughout the team.

9 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

I am not so down coombdog with no Tobi i was not expecting anything at Belle Vue.Very disappointed we didnt get a point we probably deserved it.We have to aim to keep it close at Poole and beat them at home alot depends on Tobi really we shall see.Adam this year again has stepped up and we need to hang on in there and hope the reserves improve, how long will Rosco wait who knows.From what i have seen James gating  is not good anough for this level he races hard but often has to much to make up fingers crossed he can improve.

Yeah Adam has been very good and with Doyley and Batch reliable at the top, Tobi riding well and even Lamps chipping in with a few points its clear where we need to improve. You can tell Shanes is trying his nuts off but just isn't quick enough. Zach worries me as he looks to have no confidence at home. Last year he was trapping and beating good riders at home but this year he is getting beat even he makes the start. I would love nothing more than for the current reserves to turn it around but they don't look like beating anyone at home let alone away so the question is how long can we leave it. I want us to be loyal to riders but at the same time we are very close to being a very good team. If we had a Becker on a 4 we would p1ss the league. 

10 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

I did hear Steve that his Grandad was not keen to do so also did a rule stop him from doing Prem/ Championship.? I  would love him to gets some outing's mainly for experience last year the unlucky young Brennan showed potential i am sure Drew would gain one hell of alot.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Is he allowed to do all 3 leagues? had a feeling id seen that he couldn't so if he signed for a Prem side he would have to step down at Kent?

You may well have a point there. Riders without an established average weren’t allowed to race in the top flight which ruled out the NL boys however riders now with an established average from the Championship can race top flight. Kemp certainly does qualify from his Championship average. 

Does anyone remember or have seen if NL riders can ride in all 3 leagues? Maybe Neil Watson might know?

5 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

I did hear Steve that his Grandad was not keen to do so also did a rule stop him from doing Prem/ Championship.? I  would love him to gets some outing's mainly for experience last year the unlucky young Brennan showed potential i am sure Drew would gain one hell of alot.

I remember reading something about him riding too flight so you are probably correct STR. :t: