British Speedway Forum

9 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

Yeah Adam has been very good and with Doyley and Batch reliable at the top, Tobi riding well and even Lamps chipping in with a few points its clear where we need to improve. You can tell Shanes is trying his nuts off but just isn't quick enough. Zach worries me as he looks to have no confidence at home. Last year he was trapping and beating good riders at home but this year he is getting beat even he makes the start. I would love nothing more than for the current reserves to turn it around but they don't look like beating anyone at home let alone away so the question is how long can we leave it. I want us to be loyal to riders but at the same time we are very close to being a very good team. If we had a Becker on a 4 we would p1ss the league. 

That is a mega point about Becker, i still believe in real firepower at the top and with Adam he is a real plus he can also  keep on improving.The reserves are a real worry and scoring 2 between them like last night wont be winning any league title's anytime soon.

6 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

That is a mega point about Becker, i still believe in real firepower at the top and with Adam he is a real plus he can also  keep on improving.The reserves are a real worry and scoring 2 between them like last night wont be winning any league title's anytime soon.

I appreciate that Becker is an extreme case as he is flying and looks impressive. But surely there is a 4 point assessed rider out there if we did make a change.

Shame Brennan got injured as he was good when he guested for us last year and appears to have progressed this year. 

When we signed Ellis on his inflated average and he was struggling at the start I admit that I thought we should have replaced him. But I've never been so glad to be proved wrong. He has done nothing but improve for 2 years since then and I will gladly admit he made me look a mug! I'm hoping Zach does the same in the next few meetings!

21 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

You may well have a point there. Riders without an established average weren’t allowed to race in the top flight which ruled out the NL boys however riders now with an established average from the Championship can race top flight. Kemp certainly does qualify from his Championship average. 

Does anyone remember or have seen if NL riders can ride in all 3 leagues? Maybe Neil Watson might know?

Thats it. Riders had to achieve a 3 point equivalent average, namely achieve 4.50 in the Champs (guess that increases year on year?) Does anyone know if the average has to be the riders current one or does achieved in the past also qualify? 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

. If we had a Becker on a 4 we would p1ss the league. 

Stood on the terraces last night watching luke Becker ride at our place for the first time and said to my dad that lads gonna win wolves the league, they’ve got the next best top 5 after Swindon and a proper trump card reserve.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

I appreciate that Becker is an extreme case as he is flying and looks impressive. But surely there is a 4 point assessed rider out there if we did make a change.

Shame Brennan got injured as he was good when he guested for us last year and appears to have progressed this year. 

When we signed Ellis on his inflated average and he was struggling at the start I admit that I thought we should have replaced him. But I've never been so glad to be proved wrong. He has done nothing but improve for 2 years since then and I will gladly admit he made me look a mug! I'm hoping Zach does the same in the next few meetings!

I think Zach has started other years slowly and improved, i think there is a good rider in there and he can contribute more.With that ruling you cant bring in a Pickering, Stewart, (ect riders who can improve a shame but that is the rule. 

53 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

Stood on the terraces last night watching luke Becker ride at our place for the first time and said to my dad that lads gonna win wolves the league, they’ve got the next best top 5 after Swindon and a proper trump card reserve.

Yeah you could well be right.

4 hours ago, Crazy robin said:

I find it strange that in all 3 of Rosco’s title winning teams they have had at least one strong reserve With Peterborough making the changes they have I think we will struggle to make the play offs carrying 2 reserves.

I Said exactly this a few weeks ago. Swindon have a good top 5 but nothing happening at reserve. The issue is Swindon need all top 5 clicking together and this will rarely happen. Last night shows Swindon’s team building issues.

They will probably win at our place next Monday but I am not convinced this team is good enough to do well in the playoffs. Shanes is struggling and Zack W has gone backwards.

7 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I Said exactly this a few weeks ago. Swindon have a good top 5 but nothing happening at reserve. The issue is Swindon need all top 5 clicking together and this will rarely happen. Last night shows Swindon’s team building issues.

They will probably win at our place next Monday but I am not convinced this team is good enough to do well in the playoffs. Shanes is struggling and Zack W has gone backwards.

No chance with RR!!!

46 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Swindon wont beat Poole with R/R

If they have Tobi then they have a chance....R/R only got 5 at Belle Vue

I'm not normally one for making changes, but last night highlighted what would happen with one of the top 3 missing, with 1 decent reserve this could have been better managed, unfortunately I think we need to make a couple of changes, someone will go for the good of the team not poor form. Who's available or fits is anyone's guess.

5 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Kemp is worth trying by any team. The kid is dynamite. Doubt Ippo will use him this season so definitely worth a shot.

You can no longer ride in 3 Leagues and can't jump a League.

You can ride PL + CL or CL + NL

You can't ride PL +NL

So if Drew wanted to ride on contract for a PL side and double up he would have to give up his deal with Kent. Can't see him doing that as he is struggling as often as shining in CL for Sheffield and needs to crack CL first.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, HGould said:

You can't ride PL +NL

So if Drew wanted to ride on contract for a PL side and double up he would have to give up his deal with Kent. Can't see him doing that as he is struggling as often as shining in CL for Sheffield and needs to crack CL first.

I wouldn't say struggling i would say he is learning, to even cope in the top five in the Championship Drew has made huge strides.He is still learning the tracks set ups ( etc) he is a huge talent and also comes across as a real level headed young man.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Did you not realise the top five were not available at Belle Vue? a stupid post not thought out at all.Yes we are struggling at reserve but the encouraging thing for me was we only scored two from reserve last night and we had no Tobiasz but we still scored 41 pts.This against a strong Belle Vue side that is improving week on week and with Bewley getting more race fitness and maybe a potential change of Wells, Belle Vue will be in the mix come the end of the season .So as a Swindon fan i won't be panicking just jet.

Edited by Sidney the robin

1 hour ago, HGould said:

You can't ride PL +NL

Makes sense as well. Yes I reckon he will stick with those 2 leagues the rest of the season.

According to the current averages, Pickering, Starke or Doolan and Kemp could replace Zach and Shanes.