British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

According to the current averages, Pickering, Starke or Doolan and Kemp could replace Zach and Shanes.

Not Kemp, he can’t.

2 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Not Kemp, he can’t.

Hasn’t he achieved a 3 point PL average by virtue of his 4.75 CL average?

The word on Twitter is Shanes has now been released.

Who is the replacement??

And can they score better than Shanes.

2+1 / 1 / 1 / 2+1 / 0 / 2+2 / 0

Edited by ZagarRacing

We stuck with Zach and Jack last season and I see the same thing happening this season with Zach and James - unless Zach continues for too long with his low scoring.  We know what he is capable of and he is worth persevering with to ride out of his current slump

10 hours ago, DC2 said:

it's not that which is the issue, the issue he can't ride in 3 Leagues so would have to ditch NL at Kent and in terms of rides and income; let alone confidence of winning; that's probably a wiser move right now.

Can't see Zach going anywhere personally. As for Shanes his 3.15 x 1.5 = 4.72? From the Champs riders to pick from. Now they either need to be 4.5 or above (or have previously achieved 4.5 or above?) at Championship level to be eligible. So Nielsen doesn't fit, Kemp cannot do all 3 leagues, Starke & Doolan not even close.  Only viable option is Sarj the tape breaker or Ayres if he has previously achieved over 4.5 (and that is allowed?).

11 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Can't see Zach going anywhere personally. As for Shanes his 3.15 x 1.5 = 4.72? From the Champs riders to pick from. Now they either need to be 4.5 or above (or have previously achieved 4.5 or above?) at Championship level to be eligible. So Nielsen doesn't fit, Kemp cannot do all 3 leagues, Starke & Doolan not even close.  Only viable option is Sarj the tape breaker or Ayres if he has previously achieved over 4.5 (and that is allowed?).

If this is the case then doesn't Connor Mountain fit? I don't believe he's in the NL.

3 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

If this is the case then doesn't Connor Mountain fit? I don't believe he's in the NL.

Again its dependant if he has previously achieved over 4.5 at Championship level and if previously achieved is allowed or if its current average only that applies?

21 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Again its dependant if he has previously achieved over 4.5 at Championship level and if previously achieved is allowed or if its current average only that applies?

God why do all these rules exist?? Pickering would of been my choice but i beleive he is to high.

10 hours ago, ZagarRacing said:

The word on Twitter is Shanes has now been released.

Who is the replacement??

And can they score better than Shanes.

2+1 / 1 / 1 / 2+1 / 0 / 2+2 / 0

The word on Twitter where?

11 hours ago, DC2 said:

See below.

52 minutes ago, HGould said:

it's not that which is the issue, the issue he can't ride in 3 Leagues so would have to ditch NL at Kent and in terms of rides and income; let alone confidence of winning; that's probably a wiser move right now.

3 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

God why do all these rules exist?? Pickering would of been my choice but i beleive he is to high.

However IF Zach 4.29 + Shanes 3.15 = 7.44 - 0.01 to bring side under 42.5 limit = 7.43.

7.43 x 1.5 = 11.145 (can't remember where the round up/down starts).

However 11.14 - 6.36 (Pickering) = 4.78 (which would be enough for Garcia or Bacon). Brave move to drop Waj but would create a title winning side in my opinion.

1 minute ago, gustix said:

Why ask God Sidney the robin? I am sure he has more important things to concern him than tin-pot happenings in a dwindling in interest motor sport like speedway. 

I will stick with it Gustix ,some of the rules now  in place  are very puzzling.Bugger worrying about these trivial rules lets try to get British speedway back on track with the entertainment aspect being the number one priority.

• Like 1