British Speedway Forum

Josh Pickering is out injured with a broken shoulder blade, don,t think he,ll be riding for a while ?

Looks like Rasmus has just finished third in Danish Championship behind Kenneth Bjerre and NKI but ahead of Nicki Pedersen and MJJ

• Like 2

Josh Pickering is out until the end of June so our resident insider has nailed this one :D.

I wonder who will be the next name plucked out.

Edited by hyabb17
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Zach has decided to take a break from Speedway. He’s just announced this on his Facebook racing page. 

Young Dane and former Somerset rider Jonas Jeppesen has been in decent form of late. Won the u-21 semi that Robert Lambert was in recently.

• Like 1

Sorry to read about Zach but probably the right thing to do given his scores at CL and PL levels so far this season.  Hope he comes back stronger.  Who to replace him though? 

Please not Kyle Newman.

Edited by Steve0
  • Like 1

Sadly Zach has not looked like himself this season & being the main reserve at Swindon & a heat leader at Birmingham hasn’t helped him either.

It will be a tough road back but glad that he’s carrying on with his other grass track & long track.

Sad that Zach has felt the need to make this decision, but I fully understand and support it. Good luck on the grass and long tracks Zach, come back to the shale stronger when you're ready.

On a selfish note, I hope he told Rosco a few days ago and the Robins were able to re-declare to the authorities before the average changes? Finger's crossed!

• Like 1

Shame to see Zach go but you could tell he wasn't his normal self this year. The right replacement will make us the strongest side I think. Everyone said the bottom 3 were weak and in the last week or so we should have upgraded on all 3 so hopefully we can get going now.

Shame. He hasn’t developed quickly enough I don’t think. I don’t wish to be contrary, it’s just my opinion, but I have always felt that he’s had all the gear, but not necessarily the right idea. He came on the scene with some good sponsorship, sparkling van and equipment etc, maybe all a bit to much to soon and forgot about the most important bit, riding the bike.

He clearly has a lot of natural talent, with the right mentor he will be a solid rider in time. Of course that depends on whether this is a permanent or temporary break.

Hopefully he can get his head together and come back stronger it would be a shame to lose another young Brit.