British Speedway Forum

8 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

But the point is we could always have a strong reserve whether that’ll be Jensen, Bellego or an other alongside Perks. To do this we need to maximise the 4.9 we have to play with now. We will then be a major force in this league 

Not sure any rider under 4.9 will make a big difference there are no more Jensen's out there.

• Like 1

I’m sure there are riders out there. It wouldn’t surprise me if we sign someone who’s not even been mentioned on here. Come next week I think we may even have 5 point to play with. I don’t get why you wouldn’t maximise that. 

Swindon could easily have signed Starke to replace Zach.  The fact we haven’t suggests that we have our eyes set on someone else.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

I’m sure there are riders out there. It wouldn’t surprise me if we sign someone who’s not even been mentioned on here. Come next week I think we may even have 5 point to play with. I don’t get why you wouldn’t maximise that. 

If you think about Monday  hyabb we scored 6 points from 10 rides  from reserve and only 5 for Tobi .Yet with Rasser scoring 13 in a tough riding position we ended up tearing Belle Vue apart.

7 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

If you think about Monday  hyabb we scored 6 points from 10 rides  from reserve and only 5 for Tobi .Yet with Rasser scoring 13 in a tough riding position we ended up tearing Belle Vue apart.

The two zero from Tobi’s rides were the reserves which is my point. Rasser at reserve would make us so strong & then when he moved back up someone else would be there like Bellego or said other rider. 

I guess it’s all about opinion. 

Edited by hyabb17

59 minutes ago, Anzum said:

Would go for Douglas. Improved his average by nearly a point . Riding for a team that is winning which helps with confidence. Average is actually higher away than at home so scores on varied tracks. 

Just top scored 11 in away win at Somerset

I agree - he would be a good signing :t:

2 hours ago, Steve0 said:

The advantage is that he can take 7 rides

Only needs to take 7 rides if the top 5 are crap.

If you have a top 5 that are scoring well then there's no need to replace them. A reserve that can beat other reserves is all we need.

1 hour ago, hyabb17 said:

A strong reserve gains you so much more. Don’t get me wrong I think Rasser can do a job in the top 5 but let’s say we keep Starke, Bellego struggles...only Starke & Perks can take one of his rides. Have Rasser there & I think we have the extra power needed. I would prefer we use the extra point for a better reserve than Starke.

How many meetings this season have we had an advantage in heat 1 only to have that go against us in heat 2....

Bellego still has to take 3 rides though. Sure, Jensen would be a good reserve, but I think the side would be more balanced once he moved back into the top 5.

I'd rather have Jensen in the top 5 beating heatleaders and a reserve beating reserves. Better than having Jensen at reserve beating reserves and a rider in the top 5 struggling in 3 rides and needing replacing.

8 hours ago, hyabb17 said:

The two zero from Tobi’s rides were the reserves which is my point. Rasser at reserve would make us so strong & then when he moved back up someone else would be there like Bellego or said other rider. 

I guess it’s all about opinion. 

I do see both options hyabb, and  Rasser can't keep scoring points like he has done in the top five.I wondered would Douglas/Pickering ( fitness????) fit in at reserve.?

Edited by Sidney the robin

3 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

I do see both options hyabb, and  Rasser can't keep scoring points like he has done in the top five.I wondered would Douglas/Pickering ( fitness????) fit in at reserve.?

Yes, both fit. And Douglas would put Rasmus at reserve.

Douglas would be a good signing.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Therefore after a month  Douglas/ Bellego will always be at reserve with Ellis Perks .Without Tobi this looks pretty strong,  but you have to say it is not as strong as Doyley, Rasser, Batch, Adam, Tobi.( another ?? ) Ellis.

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

Think we may see a sweede heading to the abbey

Tonight proves my point about needing strong reserves. Peterborough have Wells & Summers who combined have scored 17 points. Perks has done his job but the other guy hasn’t (17-7) If we bring in someone above Rasser then we can negate this. 

Edited by hyabb17

3 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

Tonight proves my point about needing strong reserves. Peterborough have Wells & Summers who combined have scored 17 points. Perks has done his job but the other guy hasn’t (17-7) If we bring in someone above Rasser then we can negate this. 

Top 5 letting us down, batch goes from 15 Monday to next to useless tonight.