Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

5 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

Scrub that if whoever you replaced Zach with is on an average above 4.51 come 23rd July and Rasmus still hasn't done 4 home and 4 away then Rasmus would indeed drop to reserve on 1st August

Cheers Wolfie, so we'd need someone slotting in between 4.51 and 4.54 (as assuming the replacement also won't have done 4 home and 4 away unless there's a shock signing coming from somewhere else).

I still don't see the point of having Rasmus at reserve while having someone in the top 5 who struggles to score.

So, Rasmus can replace him in one of his rides. What about the other 3 rides? If Rasmus was in the top 5 he could have all of those rides and the rider who struggles in the top 5 could score decently at reserve.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Grachan said:

I still don't see the point of having Rasmus at reserve while having someone in the top 5 who struggles to score.

So, Rasmus can replace him in one of his rides. What about the other 3 rides? If Rasmus was in the top 5 he could have all of those rides and the rider who struggles in the top 5 could score decently at reserve.

Agreed. My personal viewpoint is that I think with the options out there, we're better off looking to fill the gap left by Zach (plus any spare points to the limit) whilst waiting for Tobi to come back. So up to 4.54. Not a lot of fantastic options out there, but not many additional options by keeping Bellego, especially if Ryan Douglas is set to sign elsewhere as is rumoured.

See if Nielsen can give some food for thought this evening

26 minutes ago, Grachan said:

In many meetings it is the reserves scores that are winning or losing the match.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

In many meetings it is the reserves scores that are winning or losing the match.

Which is why we need someone at reserve who can win reserve races. It's useful to have a good reserve. For me, though, Rasmus is too good to be at reserve. A lot of his rides would be wasted on weaker opposition.

Edited by Grachan

1 hour ago, Grachan said:

Which is why we need someone at reserve who can win reserve races. It's useful to have a good reserve. For me, though, Rasmus is too good to be at reserve. A lot of his rides would be wasted on weaker opposition.

In 1 - 5 max score 12 points, unless there is a TR, at reserve max possible 21 points, If one of the 1-5 has an off night with Rassa at reserve he can have one of their rides, if in the 1 -5 he cannot, I know which option I would want.

Edited by A ORLOV

Would David have turned down another team if he is only covering Tobi?.

I bet Douglas ends up at Poole.

1 hour ago, Crazy robin said:

I bet Douglas ends up at Poole

I bet he don't try somewhere in the midlands

2 hours ago, neb said:

I bet he don't try somewhere in the midlands

In place of who?.

Nick must be worried.

13 minutes ago, Crazy robin said:

In place of who?.

Nick must be worried.

In for Ashley Morris.

14 hours ago, Wolfie456 said:

In for Ashley Morris.

What average would Douglas be on? Ashley Morris is 3.44 (3.32 from Monday) and surely Douglas' converted average would be around 5.00?

13 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

What average would Douglas be on? Ashley Morris is 3.44 (3.32 from Monday) and surely Douglas' converted average would be around 5.00?

But they can build up to the 42.5 limit which they currently fall a couple of points below

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Reliant Robin said:

But they can build up to the 42.5 limit which they currently fall a couple of points below

Yes true. I was forgetting how far behind the others they are!! ;)

• Like 1