British Speedway Forum

12 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

It’s all about VFM - and speedway in its current guise is miles away from that - IMHO

Probably why over 40000 fans attend the Cardiff GP annually. 3 hours of entertainment, good facilties, and the ticket prices haven't increased for years.

Edited by auntie doris
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

Concern from Lee Kilby about low attendances this month. If the decent racing and weather can't keep peeps interested what will? Can't be getting much more than a thousand paying customers, looking at the crowd at the 2 Lynn fixtures and Ipswich meeting. Perhaps not enough rivals, 6, to make it interesting.A new stadium would help. Seems the ice hockey team get better crowds these days!

We cant afford to go every week at 40 quid a pop.Our neighbours have been a few times, enjoy it, but said a bit expensive, and too much time watching tractors!

It's the repetitive nature of the opposition that is killing it IMO. Best racing in years but seeing KL 3 times in 2 months is not appealing. Speedway is dying in this country and there is no way back with no hope of any new tracks anywhere. The stadium owners are no doubt sitting tight and waiting for it to happen so they can make millions on the land without having to build the new stadium. That idiot Tomlinson is probably in on it now as well. He's gone very quiet about the new stadium.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thecoombdog said:

It's the repetitive nature of the opposition that is killing it IMO. Best racing in years but seeing KL 3 times in 2 months is not appealing. Speedway is dying in this country and there is no way back with no hope of any new tracks anywhere. The stadium owners are no doubt sitting tight and waiting for it to happen so they can make millions on the land without having to build the new stadium. That idiot Tomlinson is probably in on it now as well. He's gone very quiet about the new stadium.

I believe you are right and was surprised there were not less fans last week to watch Kings Lynn for the 3rd time.  I would think the numbers will be up for Wolves tomorrow, but then we have them again on Aug 8th.    

Adam Ellis broken collarbone according to Rosco’s tweet :sad:

4 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Adam Ellis broken collarbone according to Rosco’s tweet :sad:

Not another bloody Injury, get Tobi back now lose adam, think we're jinxed this season.

On 6/17/2019 at 10:36 AM, hagonshocker said:

No the product will only start to improve with better racing or at least the chance of better racing.....Belle Vue achieves that without 16 gp riders ...Prague top field dire track dire racing.....I'm sorry but I'm not confused as I knew your intention but irrespective of who rode that particular round will generally be boring as opposed to most rounds but at least people get to swoon over old buildings and countless bridges ;)

Those who stayed away when Lynn were there missed a competitive meeting :)

There seemed to be an increase in the numbers watching the meeting, I expect it to rise again against Belle Vue next week.  

• Like 2

The crowds are Poor ...I know this have been spoken about  but what is scary is the age of the crowd when you  looked about . it's amazing how many of the crowd are oap's so  you do wonder how bad it will get in the next few years with the lack of young people watching the sport 

• Like 2

As with any species exhibiting this decline in numbers, there is only likely to be one result. Extinction. I hope the "last supporter standing" gives the UK sport a final salute.

And a "Two, Four, Six Eight - who did we appreciate" send-off.

We have had King's Lynn twice in a  space  of a few weeks , and we have Wolves again in a fortnight i don't think this helps the crowd levels.

• Like 4

Spot on Sid I didn't come down last week because I'm coming on the 8th and I'm sure others who turned up last week won't do the 8th 

• Like 1

On 7/20/2019 at 8:10 AM, bruno said:

Spot on Sid I didn't come down last week because I'm coming on the 8th and I'm sure others who turned up last week won't do the 8th 

It has to change in 2020 Bruno  at least 12 teams need to be in the Premiership.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, John Scrutton said:

Its got to be one league on 2020   perhaps with a North & South with a play off at the end.   

That's two leagues.

• Like 4

Agree   but would you just have one away and one home making 11 or would 22 be to many to fit in     What with rain/offs  etc.