British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Just looked at the averages Ellis Perks only averaging 2.92 ??? totally shocked.He has rode well rode hard and has impressed me those figures are so false.

Totally agree. Good for next season though!

• Like 2

Rolling averages skew riders who are performing better in the short term.

The SS has his 2019 average as 4.27 which is realistic - the same for Rasmus his current ave is 8.5!!

Teams need riders they can identify with so that meetings have more relevance not just watching ‘a’ team of riders achieving 46 points or more so your team wins.

A combined league would be weaker but it would take away this doubling nonsense  

2 hours ago, GWC said:

Rolling averages skew riders who are performing better in the short term.

The SS has his 2019 average as 4.27 which is realistic - the same for Rasmus his current ave is 8.5!!

Teams need riders they can identify with so that meetings have more relevance not just watching ‘a’ team of riders achieving 46 points or more so your team wins.

A combined league would be weaker but it would take away this doubling nonsense  

GWC i thought  i was going mad i thought he was averaging about 4.60 Ellis has really rode well.Why have rolling averages? why not just have a 2019 figure all these rules and averages are baffling more complex than they have to be.

2 minutes ago, Crazy robin said:

Weakness of reserves & riders rolling at the starts really don’t help.

Rosco wasn't happy about this a few weeks back, they never learn.

10 hours ago, Crazy robin said:

Weakness of reserves & riders rolling at the starts really don’t help.

It shows you though Crazy, Wolves scored 14 points from reserve and still lost.

Good day folks.

Myself and a group of 6 friends from Australia and New Zealand are planning to be at Swindon for the 2nd leg of the Cup Final against Belle Vue 2 days before the Cardiff GP. We are staying in Bristol waiting for the Travel Plus group to arrive the following day to do the Pairs at Somerset and then the GP. It looks like we can get the train from Bristol Temple Meads and then a bus to the track. However it appears that the buses are finished well before the end of the meeting and thus getting back to the station is a problem. 

Can anyone on the forum give us some clues about a good way to get from Bristol to Swindon and importantly return back. 

We would be grateful for any assistance received. 

Glenn Russell

Sydney 

N.S.W. 

Australia

3 hours ago, gbrussell said:

Good day folks.

Myself and a group of 6 friends from Australia and New Zealand are planning to be at Swindon for the 2nd leg of the Cup Final against Belle Vue 2 days before the Cardiff GP. We are staying in Bristol waiting for the Travel Plus group to arrive the following day to do the Pairs at Somerset and then the GP. It looks like we can get the train from Bristol Temple Meads and then a bus to the track. However it appears that the buses are finished well before the end of the meeting and thus getting back to the station is a problem. 

Can anyone on the forum give us some clues about a good way to get from Bristol to Swindon and importantly return back. 

Glenn Russell

Sydney 

N.S.W. 

Australia

As you might already know there is a 2251 dep arr BTM  2334 and a 2332 arr BTM  0014. I would suggest a taxi from Blunsdon to Swindon station and i`m sure there are some locals who will be able to post suggestions for companies who might be able to get all  7 of you in 1 vehicle. Times of the trains will give you plenty of drinking time after the meeting ;)

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

As you might already know there is a 2251 dep arr BTM  2334 and a 2332 arr BTM  0014. I would suggest a taxi from Blunsdon to Swindon station and i`m sure there are some locals who will be able to post suggestions for companies who might be able to get all  7 of you in 1 vehicle. Times of the trains will give you plenty of drinking time after the meeting ;)

Glenn, I'm sure one of our fans on here is a taxi driver for Cross Street Cars. He might be able to sort you out. Failing that V Cars will do you a seven seater.

4 hours ago, gbrussell said:

Good day folks.

Glenn Russell

Sydney 

N.S.W. 

Australia

For 7 of you it is probably cheaper to get a taxi from and back to the station from the track. 

3 hours ago, A ORLOV said:

For 7 of you it is probably cheaper to get a taxi from and back to the station from the track. 

That's what I said to him last year orlovski.

3 hours ago, thecoombdog said:

Glenn, I'm sure one of our fans on here is a taxi driver for Cross Street Cars. He might be able to sort you out. Failing that V Cars will do you a seven seater.

I was about 6 years ago for a short while. A year of my life wasted!

34 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

I was about 6 years ago for a short while. A year of my life wasted!

Haha fair enough!!! I knew there was some sort of link from one of us but didn't realise it was so long ago!

Rasmus Jensen is undoubtedly the signing of the season but the first name I would have on the team sheet for next season would be Ellis Perks.  He has really come on this season and never gives up.

Edited by Steve0
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Rasmus Jensen is undoubtedly the signing of the season but the first name I would have on the team sheet for next season would be Ellis Perks.  He has really come on this season and never gives up.

Which is why you guys will win the league

I was there last night and Perks was riding superbly, his points did not reflect his riding