British Speedway Forum

4 hours ago, thecoombdog said:

Batch and Rasser gonna be hard to fit in next season because of how well they have done. For me we start with Doyley, Ellis, Perks and Morris and the rest depends on the points limit. Would love to see Batch or Rasser backing Doyley up but surely it will leave us short at reserve again and we can't make that mistake again.

Doyley,Batchelor,Perks would be my three on the teamsheet then build from there plenty of options.If a rule is brought in ??? maybe for a young Brit to be at reserve that might help as every club would have to do it.Rasser,Ellis, look for me to have the most vulnerable averages but personally i would love to see Rasmus back a great rider to watch as well as his point scoring ability.

37 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Doyley,Batchelor,Perks would be my three on the teamsheet then build from there plenty of options.If a rule is brought in ??? maybe for a young Brit to be at reserve that might help as every club would have to do it.Rasser,Ellis, look for me to have the most vulnerable averages but personally i would love to see Rasmus back a great rider to watch as well as his point scoring ability.

Batch has done absolutely nothing wrong and deserves to be back but if we go with him and Doyley then we are going to have the same old problems at reserve again. Adam Ellis has to be a cert in any team IMO. 

5 hours ago, thecoombdog said:

Batch has done absolutely nothing wrong and deserves to be back but if we go with him and Doyley then we are going to have the same old problems at reserve again. Adam Ellis has to be a cert in any team IMO. 

A month ago Morra had a really attractive average and he would of solved a problem for us at reserve.But his upturn in form has made his average less attractive but i  would still love him back and maybe he could eventually  get a testimonial with us.For me Doyley/ Batchelor are shoe/ ins after that there is still plenty of points and scope to build an attractive team.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

A month ago Morra had a really attractive average and he would of solved a problem for us at reserve.But his upturn in form has made his average less attractive but i  would still love him back and maybe he could eventually  get a testimonial with us.For me Doyley/ Batchelor are shoe/ ins after that there is still plenty of points and scope to build an attractive team.

Morris is not on an attractive average? A rider on nearly 2 points lower than when he left us.

Unfortunately, riders have to be sacrificed next season through no fault of their own but Morris should be a rider that we want in the team.

You could, and I haven’t even looked at averages, sacrifice Tobi and Razza for Morris and Bellego assuming JD still wants to ride in the league. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, theblueboy said:

Morris is not on an attractive average? A rider on nearly 2 points lower than when he left us.

Unfortunately, riders have to be sacrificed next season through no fault of their own but Morris should be a rider that we want in the team.

You could, and I haven’t even looked at averages, sacrifice Tobi and Razza for Morris and Bellego assuming JD still wants to ride in the league. 

Morris for me is not on a attractive average yes to have at reserve or maybe at no 2.But he got his higher average on the old track and has not totally convinced on the new one.Saying that i like Nick and it would be great to have him back Rosco has some difficult decisions to make but they are nice ones.

15 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

Nick Morris rolling average is 5.32.....whats not attractive about that!?

Is that with the semi finals/ final  to come ??? 5.32 is attractive yes certainly then be a great move  i thought his average  had gone to over 6 ish!!!.

28 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Is that with the semi finals/ final  to come ??? 5.32 is attractive yes certainly then be a great move  i thought his average  had gone to over 6 ish!!!.

Play-off meetings don't affect the averages - its only league meetings.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, thecoombdog said:

That is why the new stadium won't be built. Stadium owners holding on until speedway goes ** up in this country or there is no one to take on Swindon when TR steps down. I really don't think we will be watching speedway in Swindon in 5 years time.

Russell stated he wanted to hand over a 'financially stable' club to Rosco and Lee Kilby!

3 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Russell stated he wanted to hand over a 'financially stable' club to Rosco and Lee Kilby!

Is any speedway club financially stable? Sounds like the awful crowds mid season have cost us this year. The first few and last few meetings have been very well attended but the ones in between been bad. 

3 hours ago, 89buttons said:

Nick Morris rolling average is 5.32.....whats not attractive about that!?

Probably has about +2 points value on that will be sought after 

Edited by hagonshocker

Where has it been stated tr stepping down..... worrying times for the club if does

On 9/11/2019 at 6:54 PM, Skidder1 said:

All this against a backdrop of Terry Russell wanting to step down (due to health reasons) and the club struggling to break even - his comments - in a successful season!!

1 hour ago, Mafiarule said:

Where has it been stated tr stepping down..... worrying times for the club if does

In the last home programme

19 hours ago, Mafiarule said:

All tyes in what what CVS told me today that Swindon have said they will pick Poole if finish top so as to have too bumper crowds in semifinals and final.