British Speedway Forum

9 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Err ... how about when we signed Musielak?

Musielak was a great signing but everyone knew what potential he had even the Wolves fans said that he did find it hard at the difficult Monmore  as a home track.But surely  you never expected Jensen to double his 4.31 average?.Jensen has been mentioned by alot of people over the last few years and Rossiter nearly signed him before.This  year he got it together in both league's all i expected was for him to score what Lampard did mainly by scoring more on the road.

Edited by Sidney the robin

41 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Musielak was a great signing but everyone knew what potential he had even the Wolves fans said that he did find it hard at the difficult Monmore  as a home track.But surely  you never expected Jensen to double his 4.31 average?.Jensen has been mentioned by alot of people over the last few years and Rossiter nearly signed him before.This  year he got it together in both league's all i expected was for him to score what Lampard did mainly by scoring more on the road.

His average has increased from 4.51 to 7.86, looking at the greensheets.

3 hours ago, DC2 said:

His average has increased from 4.51 to 7.86, looking at the greensheets.

Overall his average is over 8  ( green sheets i presume don't include play offs?? )  are you not happy with him DC2 ? .Put  it another way without him we would not of won anything that is for certain.

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

Overall his average is over 8  ( green sheets i presume don't include play offs?? )  are you not happy with him DC2 ? .Put  it another way without him we would not of won anything that is for certain.

Perfectly happy with him. Just saying he’s on a par with Musielak in 2017.

9 hours ago, DC2 said:

Perfectly happy with him. Just saying he’s on a par with Musielak in 2017.

Your opinion of course but what Musielak did in 2017 was not a surprise,  but Rasmus really was only meant to be a number 2 replace Lampard.He has ended up not that far behind Batch for the no 2 spot which is unbelievable also this year we would of won the double would we have done that without the Lampart change.?Also without the rasser change there was a real danger  of us not even making the play/offs at all.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Your opinion of course but what Musielak did in 2017 was not a surprise,  but Rasmus really was only meant to be a number 2 replace Lampard.He has ended up not that far behind Batch for the no 2 spot which is unbelievable also this year we would of won the double would we have done that without the Lampart change.?Also without the rasser change there was a real danger  of us not even making the play/offs at all.

Yes, I agree.

Well well well, who would have predicted we would have been sat here at the end of the season with 2 trophies in the bag. I didn't even think we would make the play offs in June!!! Rasser, Perks and Vissing have all made a big difference so the rubbish double winning manager Rosco got the changes right again. Thanks to Terry Russell for overseeing the track work and giving us some entertainment after years of gate and go. Final word to Lee Kilby who has been an absolute breath of fresh air around the place. A promotor who promotes and bar a couple of meetings mid season the crowd levels have surely been up this year. Roll on 2020!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

Well well well, who would have predicted we would have been sat here at the end of the season with 2 trophies in the bag. I didn't even think we would make the play offs in June!!! Rasser, Perks and Vissing have all made a big difference so the rubbish double winning manager Rosco got the changes right again. Thanks to Terry Russell for overseeing the track work and giving us some entertainment after years of gate and go. Final word to Lee Kilby who has been an absolute breath of fresh air around the place. A promotor who promotes and bar a couple of meetings mid season the crowd levels have surely been up this year. Roll on 2020!!

Totally agree DOG chuffed for Lee and especially Alun,  Lee Kilby is a massive plus for the club he has great people skills and he is what a modern day promoter is all about.On next year Dog team building which way would you go top heavy or a different approach  what do you think.?

5 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Totally agree DOG chuffed for Lee and especially Alun,  Lee Kilby is a massive plus for the club he has great people skills and he is what a modern day promoter is all about.On next year Dog team building which way would you go top heavy or a different approach  what do you think.?

Can't see Batch being back even if we wanted him as sure the 2 riders over 8 will be back to ensure the new teams have a number 1. He's been class this season and would be missed. Think you need to try and get the rest back if you can. Looking at the averages on GB site we are currently at 46.34. If we had to lose Batch would be 4.98 left for final rider, maybe more with British reductions. Who knows what the limit will be tho!! 

17 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

Can't see Batch being back even if we wanted him as sure the 2 riders over 8 will be back to ensure the new teams have a number 1. He's been class this season and would be missed. Think you need to try and get the rest back if you can. Looking at the averages on GB site we are currently at 46.34. If we had to lose Batch would be 4.98 left for final rider, maybe more with British reductions. Who knows what the limit will be tho!! 

Douglas, Pickering, Stewart, are riders i like but could a young brit rule come in? Anders.That would be great to get the same six riders back continuity my other thought was leaving Claus out as i want at least one senior reserve all season and Ellis P is  not quite that yet.

What a fantastic season. Great riders and fans. The passion that Lee Kilby has. Well done to Terry Russell and everyone at the club. Best atmosphere ever at The Abbey last night with the singing and chanting.

Well done to all at Swindon .. the club was run so well and all riders gave 100 % and looked like they cared for the club . The track was spot on most weeks as well . Sorry for the Positive   message about speedway   as I  understand that is not allowed on this forum

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, orion said:

Well done to all at Swindon .. the club was run so well and all riders gave 100 % and looked like they cared for the club . The track was spot on most weeks as well . Sorry for the Positive   message about speedway   as I  understand that is not allowed on this forum

Agree with all of that! 

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

Douglas, Pickering, Stewart, are riders i like but could a young brit rule come in? Anders.That would be great to get the same six riders back continuity my other thought was leaving Claus out as i want at least one senior reserve all season and Ellis P is  not quite that yet.

Would like to see the 2 Brit reserves back and would be keen on Rowe if the 7's were protected and all of a similar standard.

• Like 1