British Speedway Forum

Great boost for the Town, not just the thousands watching at the stadium and on tv/radio. With all the worries about Honda and redundancies, brings a smile to peeps faces. Robins fans from Wales, South coast, Surrey, etc., Had to laugh at the guy, think hes from Gloucester, wearing loads of scarves, almost hysterical, and fans with no top on, unfortunately male! Was like a footie match!

Edited by auntie doris
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

Great boost for the Town, not just the thousands watching at the stadium and on tv/radio. With all the worries about Honda and redundancias, brings a smile to peeps faces. Robins fans from Wales, South coast, Surrey, etc., Had to laugh at the guy, think hes from Gloucester, wearing loads of scarves, almost hysterical, and fan with no top on, unfortunately male! Was like a footie match!

Haha we were stood by them at the presentation! My 7 year old wanted to copy and go shirtless as well!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

Haha we were stood by them at the presentation! My 7 year old wanted to copy and go shirtless as well!

Fantastic, thats what sport is all about! Just watching the videos.

4 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

Fantastic, thats what sport is all about! Just watching the videos.

Yeah it was an atmosphere rarely seen at speedway!

46 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

Yeah it was an atmosphere rarely seen at speedway!

We all moan at certain times  but last night showed just how good speedway can be.At times in the last five years i have been going to Swindon on habit only  this year i have really enjoyed it the club has made great strides.The track really looks exciting smooth and AOrlov tells me they will be looking to build the banking up gradually on bends 1/2 which will make it even  better i just hope in November some positive decisions are made in our sport.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

We all moan at certain times  but last night showed just how good speedway can be.At times in the last five years i have been going to Swindon on habit only  this year i have really enjoyed it the club has made great strides.The track really looks exciting smooth and AOrlov tells me they will be looking to build the banking up gradually on bends 1/2 which will make it even  better i just hope in November some positive decisions are made in our sport.

When you look at the final this year to the final last year there is no comparison

2 sets of teams with a full 1-7

No dodgy illegal use of riders

Just the leagues best 2 teams (apart from Wolves) to see who could be champions

Both Ipswich and Swindon in my view are the best two promoted sides in the top league..............both get out into the community and involve the community....what a great job Lee Kilby has done

The final at both venues had huge crowds and proper atmospheres 

Credit to both sets of supporters

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

When you look at the final this year to the final last year there is no comparison

2 sets of teams with a full 1-7

No dodgy illegal use of riders

Just the leagues best 2 teams (apart from Wolves) to see who could be champions

Both Ipswich and Swindon in my view are the best two promoted sides in the top league..............both get out into the community and involve the community....what a great job Lee Kilby has done

The final at both venues had huge crowds and proper atmospheres 

Credit to both sets of supporters

As your finger’s on the pulse, could you list three or four things Lee Kirby has done in the community?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DC2 said:

As your finger’s on the pulse, could you list three or four things Lee Kirby has done in the community?

Ive no idea what Lee Kilby has done and didnt say it was anything to do with him...just praised him for the way he has promoted the side this season

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Do you actually enjoy anything or have anything decent to say about speedway? Are you actually a Swindon 'fan' ?? Or are you stuck in the 70's? Odd person 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Ive no idea what Lee Kilby has done and didnt say it was anything to do with him...just praised him for the way he has promoted the side this season

How has he promoted it?

Just asking. Strewth.

• Sad 1

Brilliant season probably better than 2017. Racing at the track definitely better. Well done to all involved.

One point to improve on next year, try to get a straighter white line down the home straight last night it reminded me of the ones I did for my kids football team. Or better still a kerb.

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

You are quite a strange bloke to fathom out , i go to Swindon speedway early on race night's Lee Kilby is the most  approachable  bloke ever.No crap no bulls...  he is what he is honest polite straight to the point and his work with trying to get the younger generation involved has been awesome.Loads of young uns who get to look around the pits get the odd autograph it is refreshing to see he has done a great job he is like his dad a great personality  kind and approachable.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

You are quite a strange bloke to fathom out , i go to Swindon speedway early on race night's Lee Kilby is the most  approachable  bloke ever.No crap no bulls...  he is what he is honest polite straight to the point and his work with trying to get the younger generation involved has been awesome.Loads of young uns who get to look around the pits get the odd autograph it is refreshing to see he has done a great job he is like his dad a great personality  kind and approachable.

I don’t doubt any of that, but I asked Gavan because I wanted to know how much he knew about Lee Kilby and what he does.

Is that OK?

Edited by DC2

1. He attended the Calne Bike Meet/Wanborough show

2. He goes to local schools. 

I might be wrong but I was under the impression he lives(d) in London and has a job. Therefore, to undertake theses additional roles takes some doing. 

• Like 1

I don't think Lee Kirby has done bugger all for the Town but Lee Kilby has been very active with sponsors and promoting the sport. I think he lives in Tooting..I wish I had his bloody energy!

Tickets bought for the end of season bash on November 1..should be fun!