British Speedway Forum

18 minutes ago, DC2 said:

I don’t doubt any of that, but I asked Gavan because I wanted to know how much he knew about Lee Kilby and what he does.

Is that OK?

Perfectly no problem at all.

Good feature on Robins on BBC Points West tv.

• Like 1

DC2.....what have the Romans (lee) ever done for us ?

12 minutes ago, Jonny the spud said:

DC2.....what have the Romans (lee) ever done for us ?

Oh, I get it now. Lee is building our new amphitheatre.  :)

4 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

You are quite a strange bloke to fathom out , i go to Swindon speedway early on race night's Lee Kilby is the most  approachable  bloke ever.No crap no bulls...  he is what he is honest polite straight to the point and his work with trying to get the younger generation involved has been awesome.Loads of young uns who get to look around the pits get the odd autograph it is refreshing to see he has done a great job he is like his dad a great personality  kind and approachable.

Well said. The likes of Kilby (Swindon/Birmingham) and Bishop (IOW) are doing a proper job of promoting.

Thank god for these 2 who continue to show the dinosaurs how to promote.

If every club had one of these involved at your club the sport would be dragging itself up by its laces.

Kilby in particular (as I’ve worked under him at Brum) is about the most enthusiastic and nicest people you could meet. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Well said. The likes of Kilby (Swindon/Birmingham) and Bishop (IOW) are doing a proper job of promoting.

Thank god for these 2 who continue to show the dinosaurs how to promote.

If every club had one of these involved at your club the sport would be dragging itself up by its laces.

Kilby in particular (as I’ve worked under him at Brum) is about the most enthusiastic and nicest people you could meet. 

Could not agree  anymore . A absolute diamond of a man .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, DC2 said:

Oh, I get it now. Lee is building our new amphitheatre.  :)

Yeah and opening night were gonna feed you to the Lions :D Should pull a good crowd in

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, thecoombdog said:

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/17979273.terry-russell-will-wait-agm-outcome-deciding-call-time-reign-swindon-robins-chairman/

Good read this. Swindon obviously being well run. No chance we will be allowed to keep the same team though.

Love a lot of what TR said .. quite clearly and quite rightly we can't keep the same 7 thou . What I don't like is  rules  that stop you tracking the  riders you   like   with only one rider over 8 etc . Make a limit and let all sides work to that in any way they feel fit .

Edited by orion
  • Like 6

12 hours ago, orion said:

Love a lot of what TR said .. quite clearly and quite rightly we can't keep the same 7 thou . What I don't like is  rules  that stop you tracking the  riders you   like   with only one rider over 8 etc . Make a limit and let all sides work to that in any way they feel fit .

Why “quite rightly”?

If Swindon can re-sign the team for next season, why not set the limit at 46.34? 

All of the other teams, except Peterborough 37.83, are at 41 to 44 so it shouldn’t be too hard for them to top up to 46.

Boro would need two big signings to compete, but that of course is down to them.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DC2 said:

Why “quite rightly”?

If Swindon can re-sign the team for next season, why not set the limit at 46.34? 

All of the other teams, except Peterborough 37.83, are at 41 to 44 so it shouldn’t be too hard for them to top up to 46.

Boro would need two big signings to compete, but that of course is down to them.

I'm not against the idea in principle and sympathise. Last year BelleVue won nothing but still had to lose riders to fit  within the points limit. However, on a practical level there are not sufficient riders available to enable all teams to build to 46+ points.

Teams had difficulties finding suitable replacements this year because many foreign riders don't want to ride here and because the talent pool in the CL of riders of PL standard, let alone PL no.1 or even heat leader standard, had largely been used up.

Most of us want to see more teams in the PL and raising the team limit by almost 4 points will make that very difficult if not impossible.

In the current situation I would rather see more teams than an increased team limit that some teams might find impossible to achieve.

Edited by Aces51

28 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

I'm not against the idea in principle and sympathise. Last year BelleVue won nothing but still had to lose riders to fit  within the points limit. However, on a practical level there are not sufficient riders available to enable all teams to build to 46+ points.

Teams had difficulties finding suitable replacements this year because many foreign riders don't want to ride here and because the talent pool in the CL of riders of PL standard, let alone PL no.1 or even heat leader standard, had largely been used up.

Most of us want to see more teams in the PL and raising the team limit by almost 4 points will make that very difficult if not impossible.

In the current situation I would rather see more teams than an increased team limit that some teams might find impossible to achieve.

I would agree with you if there are to be eight teams next year, but if it’s simply Sheffield replacing Poole I don’t see any reason not to give it a try.

Boro would have to convince two of the like of Jepsen Jensen, Zagar, Kildemand, Pawlicki, Kolodziej, Vaculik or Lindgren to come in.

Zagar

Wright

Tungate

Hans Andersen

Kildemand

Nicholls

Proctor

Looks pretty red hot to me!

Edited by DC2

Still tickets left for the Bash tonight..Rider of the Year award.

20 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

Still tickets left for the Bash tonight..Rider of the Year award.

Is Doyley going to be there?

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Is Doyley going to be there?

He posted the other day from Dubai