British Speedway Forum

5 minutes ago, noggin said:

Top 5 letting us down, batch goes from 15 Monday to next to useless tonight.

True however we had no-one at reserve who could take a ride from either Ellis or Batch. This is why I think it’s important to bring the right rider in. 

1 minute ago, hyabb17 said:

True however we had no-one at reserve who could take a ride from either Ellis or Batch. This is why I think it’s important to bring the right rider in. 

It is or we'll see more results like this, doubt Rosco was impressed with that capitulation.

If Rosco hands Starke a team place then I'd lose the will to live....he's surprised me how poor he's looked ...gotta be someone like Douglas for me he's in the form where he could pop out and beat decent riders 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, noggin said:

Top 5 letting us down, batch goes from 15 Monday to next to useless tonight.

I admit I had Batch down double figure on a well prepared fast track.He has done well this season. Maybe it was very grippy?

1 hour ago, noggin said:

It is or we'll see more results like this, doubt Rosco was impressed with that capitulation.

He wasnt! Tried to ring him for his opinion but poor line

12 hours ago, hyabb17 said:

Tonight proves my point about needing strong reserves. Peterborough have Wells & Summers who combined have scored 17 points. Perks has done his job but the other guy hasn’t (17-7) If we bring in someone above Rasser then we can negate this. 

But Hyabb without Batch and Adam scoring you are not going to win matches anyway.Our side is designed as a top five with / Perks as a decent reserve if they ride to there potential they win matches.Batch and Adam have been great this year so i put no blame on them it was just one of those nights they both move on and they will be back.Even if Rasser gets a hatfull at reserve if two members of your top five especially (Batch) don't perform we don't win.The bottom line is Peterborough were better than us tonight they took over in the second half of the meeting they were stronger also again Rasser showed tonight double figures against HEAT Leaders he is our third best rider easily.

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

But Hyabb without Batch and Adam scoring you are not going to win matches anyway.Our side is designed as a top five with / Perks as a decent reserve if they ride to there potential they win matches.Batch and Adam have been great this year so i put no blame on them it was just one of those nights they both move on and they will be back.Even if Rasser gets a hatfull at reserve if two members of your top five especially (Batch) don't perform we don't win.The bottom line is Peterborough were better than us tonight they took over in the second half of the meeting they were stronger also again Rasser showed tonight double figures against HEAT Leaders he is our third best rider easily.

Looks at Ipswich, their top 5 struggle & they’ve Heeps & Allen who bail them out. It’s my opinion on the issue so that’s how I see it. Whenever teams have won leagues it’s because they generally have a strong reserve. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, hagonshocker said:

If Rosco hands Starke a team place then I'd lose the will to live....he's surprised me how poor he's looked ...gotta be someone like Douglas for me he's in the form where he could pop out and beat decent riders 

A massive disappointment as expected so much more from Paul.

Get Aarnio in ASAP.

23 minutes ago, Crazy robin said:

Get Aarnio in ASAP.

A big decision, though, because doesn't that mean no Musielak? He says he is only out for 2 or 3 more weeks.

38 minutes ago, Crazy robin said:

Get Aarnio in ASAP.

Not sure Aarnio is the saviour. Perks has done a great job since he has come in, another good score last night well above his average and very poor from Starke considering he used to ride for Peterborough. Maybe Rosco is waiting for us to dump Covatti!

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

Not sure Aarnio is the saviour. Perks has done a great job since he has come in, another good score last night well above his average and very poor from Starke considering he used to ride for Peterborough. Maybe Rosco is waiting for us to dump Covatti!

I would think he is waiting on the signing of a reserve until a decision is made on whether or not Musielak comes back in.

5 minutes ago, Grachan said:

I would think he is waiting on the signing of a reserve until a decision is made on whether or not Musielak comes back in.

I thought Musielak was out for the season, even if he isn't guests is not the answer you need a permanent reserve.

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

I thought Musielak was out for the season, even if he isn't guests is not the answer you need a permanent reserve.

He has tweeted that he expects to be back in 2 to 3 weeks and posted a video of himself on an exercise bike, but nothing confirmed.

Yes, we need a permanent reserve, but I would guess we will wait until we know how many points are available.

Last night, for example, Swindon missed a big heatleader score. Musielak might have been to guy to get one.

It's a tricky one though. Musielak and a low reserve or Bellego and a better reserve. If Perks can score decently, as he has been, I would go with Musielak.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

Looks at Ipswich, their top 5 struggle & they’ve Heeps & Allen who bail them out. It’s my opinion on the issue so that’s how I see it. Whenever teams have won leagues it’s because they generally have a strong reserve. 

Ipswich have a great side a good balance but in heats  13/15 will they have the firepower at the end of the meeting in the toughest meeting's play/offs ( etc). Swindon i am chuffed with Ellis Perks and if we can get someone in with him who can pick up a few points ( that won't be easy) we might get away with it.With the way our side is built all I expect our reserves to try and get is 8/10 points between them a meeting.Our side with Tobi  is all about the top five and with luckily bringing Rasser in that would of been awesome losing Tobi was a bitter blow but that is Speedway.

37 minutes ago, Grachan said:

A big decision, though, because doesn't that mean no Musielak? He says he is only out for 2 or 3 more weeks.

I would hang on Grachan for Tobi would you ? and let Bellego have his few weeks if it is a cruciate ligament i can't believe it will be two weeks a bast.....     of an injury.