British Speedway Forum

6 minutes ago, Grachan said:

He has tweeted that he expects to be back in 2 to 3 weeks and posted a video of himself on an exercise bike, but nothing confirmed.

Yes, we need a permanent reserve, but I would guess we will wait until we know how many points are available.

Last night, for example, Swindon missed a big heatleader score. Musielak might have been to guy to get one.

It's a tricky one though. Musielak and a low reserve or Bellego and a better reserve. If Perks can score decently, as he has been, I would go with Musielak.

The riders you have brought in have been terrific, Perks has done very well, can't remember him scoring less than his average since he joined but if you have another low scoring reserve it will put to much pressure on the top 5 in my opinion, you need at least one reserve who will win heat 2 on a regular basis. The other problem is Jensen's average will shoot up when he has done the required amount of meetings so the team needs to be changed before that happens.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

I would hang on Grachan for Tobi would you ? and let Bellego have his few weeks if it is a cruciate ligament i can't believe it will be two weeks a bast.....     of an injury.

If he is out for less than a month, as he is  saying, then I would, yes. I like Bellego, but Tobi is a proper heatleader and makes our top 5 very strong. Bellego apparently rode well last night,  but we still missed a big scorer and Tobi might have given us that extra possibility.

I tend to think and fear Tobi is a bit optimistic on his recovery time...it's a tricky one for us 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Grachan said:

I would think he is waiting on the signing of a reserve until a decision is made on whether or not Musielak comes back in.

Sorry missed that & like you say I’d wait for Tobi to come back.

Do not forget the Sprockets - Kent meeting on Sunday £10 for 50+ races starting at 4pm, meeting thread in NL section.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, A ORLOV said:

Do not forget the Sprockets - Kent meeting on Sunday £10 for 50+ races starting at 4pm, meeting thread in NL section.

Looking for forward to it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Grachan said:

I would think he is waiting on the signing of a reserve until a decision is made on whether or not Musielak comes back in.

The only issue with that could be that Rassa now has a rolling average of 9+.  I have no idea what averages are used for team limit re bringing in a new rider but even part of a rise in Rassa's average could reduce what is available for a reserve replacement, when the new averages are announced.

13 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

The only issue with that could be that Rassa now has a rolling average of 9+.  I have no idea what averages are used for team limit re bringing in a new rider but even part of a rise in Rassa's average could reduce what is available for a reserve replacement, when the new averages are announced.

He will have to have ridden 4 home and 4 away before his new average comes into force

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

He will have to have ridden 4 home and 4 away before his new average comes into force

Thanks, that will give Rosco a bit more time

On 6/21/2019 at 11:17 AM, Sidney the robin said:

I would hang on Grachan for Tobi would you ? and let Bellego have his few weeks if it is a cruciate ligament i can't believe it will be two weeks a bast.....     of an injury.

Ive done my ACL twice and from personal experience of the pain and swelling you get with it until after the op I can't see Tobi being anywhere near fit until he is operated on. Bit of a risk to have him back in the team especially if we can get a better reserve in with Bellego in.

New averages from 1st July means we can use up to 5.22 to replace Zach. As above I don’t see Tobi being fit enough to race more than once a week (even if he can manage that). Even then it’s a risk & if he crashed again it’s game over. 

Need to find that rider & then push Rasser down at reserve for July. 

Edited by hyabb17
  • Like 2

Rassa at reserve for a month would be good

4 hours ago, A ORLOV said:

Rassa at reserve for a month would be good

Noooo  :nono:

6 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Sounds like Swindons hopes of getting AArnio have been scuppered by Belle Vue.

Swindon giving Stefan a chance to impress? Or am I missing something :blink:

Edited by Bald Bloke