British Speedway Forum

1 minute ago, hyabb17 said:

I don’t think it’s a bad idea for the matches to on separate days. Much better than double header meetings which take so long to run & become disjointed. 

For me Hyabb win or lose, this year it has been a really enjoyable one a breath of fresh air.I would just love to go back to the continuity of fixtures again and get back to having at least 15/20 home meeting's again.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sidney the robin said:

For me Hyabb win or lose, this year it has been a really enjoyable one a breath of fresh air.I would just love to go back to the continuity of fixtures again and get back to having at least 15/20 home meeting's again.

I don’t disagree with any of the above. I would like more home matches but only against a team once. Racing a team twice doesn’t help with crowds IMO

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

I don’t disagree with any of the above. I would like more home matches but only against a team once. Racing a team twice doesn’t help with crowds IMO

And 3 times if you include cup.

• Like 2

Looks like Tobias may not be returning to UK next season, says he considering his options. He has not looked the same rider since he returned from injury, just wonder how fit he is as it was a serious injury & came back remarkably quickly. I think that he is hinting that he is not fully fit in his interview as he says that he would not be fit for football but that he can mange with speedway. Would be a shame if he doesn't but Razza would be a shoe-in as we will obviously have to lose points for next season as we are currently 3+ points over the limit set for this season.

1 hour ago, robins les said:

Looks like Tobias may not be returning to UK next season, says he considering his options. He has not looked the same rider since he returned from injury, just wonder how fit he is as it was a serious injury & came back remarkably quickly. I think that he is hinting that he is not fully fit in his interview as he says that he would not be fit for football but that he can mange with speedway. Would be a shame if he doesn't but Razza would be a shoe-in as we will obviously have to lose points for next season as we are currently 3+ points over the limit set for this season.

And have two rider over 8 points, if the one over 8 is in the rules which could cause a big decision for Rosco

Jensen has been an excellent signing but maybe less attractive next year on his current average of 7.70.

2 hours ago, robins les said:

Where is this interview please?

Batch and Rasser gonna be hard to fit in next season because of how well they have done. For me we start with Doyley, Ellis, Perks and Morris and the rest depends on the points limit. Would love to see Batch or Rasser backing Doyley up but surely it will leave us short at reserve again and we can't make that mistake again.

Too busy building the new super deluxe stadium next year to worry about a team. Swindon will join oxford and Reading,Bristol

10 minutes ago, Mafiarule said:

Too busy building the new super deluxe stadium next year to worry about a team. Swindon will join oxford and Reading,Bristol

The problem is the plans have had to be altered, yet again, because we've had to submit revised proposals to the council to increase the size of our trophy cabinet. :drink:

Edited by theblueboy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

It all comes down to the grade 2 listed status of the back straight bogs..thats the cause of the delay

1 hour ago, Aces51 said:

Jensen has been an excellent signing but maybe less attractive next year on his current average of 7.70.

Jensen is a perfect example of a rider who was in form, out of nowhere, and available in the middle of the season on an average which was only going one way.

However, he is now the perfect example of a rider you would stay well clear of in winter team building.

Hes been too good for his own good.

Such is speedway.

• Like 2

All this against a backdrop of Terry Russell wanting to step down (due to health reasons) and the club struggling to break even - his comments - in a successful season!!

44 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

All this against a backdrop of Terry Russell wanting to step down (due to health reasons) and the club struggling to break even - his comments - in a successful season!!

That is why the new stadium won't be built. Stadium owners holding on until speedway goes ** up in this country or there is no one to take on Swindon when TR steps down. I really don't think we will be watching speedway in Swindon in 5 years time.